The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#62083 by Drumdude13
Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:35 am
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to wish everyone on the Forums and their families a Very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year. All you fans are awesome in the way you support Devin's music or any of the side projects that we do in the DTB. I'm very humbled to be associated with such down to earth people. Have a ton of fun over the Holiday Season, be safe and responsible....

Just to let you RVP followers know some stuff that's happening for the New Year.... I'm gonna' be a busy bee. There are going to be some cool releases and recordings that I will be doing....

-Oniric Metal by Vivien Lalu will be released in March 2005 from what I hear from Viv'. This is an awesome album and I had a ton of fun laying down the drum tracks for this, especially the 18 minute long song "The Final Fantasy" (Potboy). If you like your Dream Theatre-ish prog, then check this shit out when the whole album is released. Great fun.

-I will be going in to record the drum tracks for Non-Human Level with members of Darkane and Gustaf Hielm (Long time bass player for Meshuggah). This is pretty much a full on metal on-slaught album. I have my work cut out for me on this one. I should be hitting the studio sometime in Feb 2005. Expect craziness from this record. This will be released thru a label which I'm not allowed to say at the moment but when more details come in, I'll let ya'll know.

-I will also be recording Russell Bergquist's (Ex-Annihilator Bass player) solo album in the early New Year. This album will be heavy and light. He has written some really unique and cool music. NOTHING like Annihilator at all. I'll let you all know when the recording date happens and when an expected release date is issued.....

-Lastly, I will be recording my own solo record with a whack load of amazing guest appearances in 2005. To name a few....Alex Skolnick (Ex-Testament), Trevor Dunn (Mr. Bungle, Fantomas), Michael Manring (Bass GOD), The Dev and a whole bunch more will appear on this record. I plan on recording the album for sometime in Spring of 2005. This album will be all over the map.....very heavy, some acoustic stuff and some jazz/Fusion/metal instrumentals will be on there as well. I'm very excited about this project and I'll keep you all up to date on it. Expect some of my best drumming EVER on this record !

-Lets not forget, the new DTB record is written and we will start work on this in the New Year. Dev will announce everything about that when he is ready to go, he's pretty busy with SYL at the moment. I've heard many of the song's and jammed them with Dev and all I can say is that you are ALL in for a treat !

Anyways, theres my Gigantic update for you guy's.... I just blurbed something on my website but I thought I'd give you all a detailed description for what's happening in the New Year cuz you ALL RULE !

I would personally like to thank Geoff for the amazing work he has done over the last year on these Forums ! Geoff, like I always say, you're a God on the Computer and an amazing friend. Great work and I hope you have big thing's to come in 2005. Thanks for all your hard work, I'm sure everyone on these Forums would say the same thing.

Again to everyone, Have a safe and fun time over the Holidays and let's ALL have an awesome 2005. I know I plan on having a great time next year and I wish the same for all of you.....

Merry "Metal" Xmas !

All the best,

Ryan Van Poederooyen

#62086 by flood_of_rain
Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:40 am
Merry X-mas to you too, Ryan
and best of luck for 2005, it will be a great year for you by the sounds of it!
I am definately looking forward to hearing some of your future collaborations and your new music. it will be great for all us music-hungry fans :D

-Adrian

#62088 by EphelDuath666
Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:44 am
Hey, merry X-mas and happy new year to you too.
See that´s why you hevy devy folks rule. Because you really give a fuck instead of just pretending to :-) . So all the best for your future and the future of all hevy devy peeps and of course everybody here all the way from Bavaria´s hairy anus, now that I started blabbering anyways. May all our dreams become true. Together we´re strong!

El Larsos

#62103 by Olive?
Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:02 am
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Ryan.
Thanks for the updating. 2005 will be a great year!

#62136 by Persuader
Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:28 pm
Merry christmas and a metal new year to all of ya dudes and dudettes. 2005 will indeed rock our hairy anuses!
#62143 by Guest
Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:02 pm
Drumdude13 wrote:I would personally like to thank Geoff for the amazing work he has done over the last year on these Forums ! Geoff, like I always say, you're a God on the Computer and an amazing friend. Great work and I hope you have big thing's to come in 2005. Thanks for all your hard work, I'm sure everyone on these Forums would say the same thing.

:oops: What can I answer now :oops:

ok ok ok

Let's be humble for once before everything of this is posted on Blabbermouth ... Thanks to you Ryan and the opportunities you gave me.
Thanks for all these good times in Holland and also thanks to be the drummer Dev was waiting for ... versatility ... You remember what I told you ? That's why your a god of drums ...

NOW PLEASE EVERYBODY'S GO BACK TO THE OTHER THREADS !!!
:karate:

happy new year all !!! And remember on the new year's day get one shot at glory for :dime:

#62149 by hog
Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:52 pm
Yep, Have a great Xmas and New Year Ryan.

Thanks for answering questions and chatting about what your plans/projects etc.

Cant wait to hear your solo stuff and all the other stuff your going to be working on. Sounds like you will be one busy guy in 2005! Cool cool.

Thanks man

Hog

#62152 by Coma Divine
Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:32 pm
Merry Christmas to you and yours Ryan! :D

2005 looks like a big one in the RVP world, so take care and enjoy it. I look forward to hearing you skin-bashin' in many guises next year...and maybe even getting a chance to bump beers with ya in the Great Southern Land!

Dave.

#62164 by mo
Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:58 pm
MERRY CHRISTMAS RYAN

have a good holiday

#62166 by Sinkharmony
Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:17 pm
Merry freakin' Xmas to all and to all a friggin' good night.

#62240 by Tim
Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:43 am
Cheers, dude.

#62247 by thefillersweetcityjesus
Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:11 am
Yeah, merry christmas to Ryan and to everyone else! well... merry christmas...craaaaaaazy kwanza, tip top tet... and so on...