The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects

#71155 by EternalMetal
Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:24 pm
Can i get a tracklisting of the two cds? im interested what cd the songs up for preview are on. So far i think the song flawless is pretty cool, but im not a big fan of your singer, but i am a big fan of your drumming :)

#71161 by Drumdude13
Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:43 pm
EternalMetal wrote:Can i get a tracklisting of the two cds? im interested what cd the songs up for preview are on. So far i think the song flawless is pretty cool, but im not a big fan of your singer, but i am a big fan of your drumming :)

Cool, glad you like "Flawless". That's a bummer you don't dig the singer much cuz I'm having him sing on my whole solo record :shock: But that's cool, not everyone is going to like his voice and I respect that. Here's the track listing for both albums :

God Awakens Petrified : Self Titled - Full Length

Country Singer
Revenge
Dear Earthlings
Wish it Gone
Poet of Silence*
Burning Bridges*
Castration
Attrition
Pink*
Mannequin

God Awakens Petrified : Afterbirth - 5 song EP

Gunpowder Mouth*
Criminal Species*
Flawless*
Sufferwhore
No Martyr
Skinslave (Bonus Track)
A Favour (Bonus Track)*

* - Means that these were our most popular songs based on fan response, from our live shows and feedback on our website (history now).

A couple notes....

The production on "Afterbirth" is the best. The first album sounds good but we had Andre Wahl (Mudvayne, Puya) co-produce and help engineer "Afterbirth". "Afterbirth" was also our most popular release....It's completely SOLD OUT for good.

If anyone buy's the Full length album (Still have lots of stock) I will basically burn a copy of "Afterbirth" and the bonus tracks for free. Thats what I've been doing lately, for people who have ordered GAP's first album from me. So there it is !

PS.... Thanks for the kind words on my drumming Eternal Metal... a cool song for drumming from GAP is "A Favour"...some crazy, fun shit to play ! My drumstudents are always getting me to show them parts from that song ! LOL !

PSS...Maybe Jeremy's voice will grow on ya' after a few listens...I rarely hear any negative comments about his voice but his voice definitely ain't for everyone. Thanks for the feedback bro.

#71163 by EternalMetal
Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:18 pm
Cool, you teach drum lessons. Maybe if i took a few lessons from you i would still be playing.

Im still gonna buy your solo album even though i didnt really like the singer too much on the GAP stuff. Is he gonna be singing, or still like screaming? Like what kind of music is it going to be? Usually i classify solo stuff with being a bit on the more technical/slower side, but since its drumming it will probably be a faster paced record. But im listening to A Favor right now, and I really like it. I could tolerate listening to his voice, but its not as tastefull as the other singers i like (Opeth, DTB, Iced Earth), but he does remind me of Randy from LoG, who i didnt like at first but now i really love his style. so who knows, maybe it might appeal to me on the solo release? Hopefully it will grow on me like you said, I cant believe the amount of music that has grown on me in the past few years that i have begun to love (hated Iron Maiden at first, now im a big fan, bought Accelerated Evolution when it came out (previously was an SYL fan, never hearing devins stuff) and thought it was kinda gay and cheesy, now its one of my favorite singing cds of all time)

Damn, A Favour has some sick drumming on it, good job on that. Cant wait for that solo release of yours. Will it be available in stores, or will i have to internet order that one?

#71171 by Drumdude13
Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:11 pm
EternalMetal wrote:
Damn, A Favour has some sick drumming on it, good job on that. Cant wait for that solo release of yours. Will it be available in stores, or will i have to internet order that one?

I'll be making it available thru the internet and I'm sure it will be made available thru stores as well. I have a couple cool connections that I'll be using for this solo release, that can hopefully help me out in the "store-release" side of things. I really want this album to be available to whoever wants it, anywhere in the world.... I'll do my best to get it everywhere !