The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects

#93774 by Drumdude13
Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:15 am
Biert wrote:It's a pretty good album! Lots and lots of double bass, I love that! A couple of mellower and more melodic parts, quite nice. And it's very catchy, especially the album opener!

"I am your god, I am your devil"
something something
"We have now reached a Non-Human Level"

Cool bro. I'm surprised you got it already ! What's your fave tune on it ? I'm glad you enjoyed it. That was a crazy, fun album to make !

RVP

#93775 by Biert
Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:42 am
Drumdude13 wrote:
Biert wrote:It's a pretty good album! Lots and lots of double bass, I love that! A couple of mellower and more melodic parts, quite nice. And it's very catchy, especially the album opener!

"I am your god, I am your devil"
something something
"We have now reached a Non-Human Level"

Cool bro. I'm surprised you got it already ! What's your fave tune on it ? I'm glad you enjoyed it. That was a crazy, fun album to make !

RVP

Actually, I downloaded it. But it's a really cool album so I think I'll buy it (I already checked the website where I usually buy music, and they have it).

For my favorite song, I couldn't say that just yet. I've only heard the album twice or so. As I said, the first track is really catchy. And Water is cool too, very mellow compared to the rest.

EDIT: OK I just ordered it. Should arrive a couple of days after its release.

#93781 by fragility
Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:10 am
Where did you order from? i've not seen anywhere yet

#93783 by Biert
Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:15 am
fragility wrote:Where did you order from? i've not seen anywhere yet

It's a Dutch website. They're cheap as hell and all prices include shipping (if you live in the Netherlands). Here's a link.

#93889 by Chops 666
Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:31 am
I was handing out flyers for the SYL show next week and I dropped some off at my friends record store. He handed me a NHL promo. I had already found the album but now I have an official version so I don't feel bad talking about it. :wink: I like it enough that I will definitely buy it if and when it gets North American distro.

Well fucking done. My fav so far is the second track. The guitar playing on this album is superb. There are some pretty incredible harmonized leads. Ryan's drumming is top knotch. I really dig some of the cymbal work. Overall, I would say that this is a textbook thrash album. It is not blazing any new trails musically but if you dig the thrash (and I do) you would be hard pressed to find a better example of a modern thrash band. Every song is solid, intricate, well written, expertly performed and well produced.

Like the back of the promo says, you usually expect great things when a group of fantastic musicians gets together to bang out a side project. Usually, these things end up being a disappointment. This is not the case with NHL. It delivers in every way. This album was a very nice surprise.

#93981 by Drumdude13
Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:45 pm
Chops 666 wrote:I was handing out flyers for the SYL show next week and I dropped some off at my friends record store. He handed me a NHL promo. I had already found the album but now I have an official version so I don't feel bad talking about it. :wink: I like it enough that I will definitely buy it if and when it gets North American distro.

Well fucking done. My fav so far is the second track. The guitar playing on this album is superb. There are some pretty incredible harmonized leads. Ryan's drumming is top knotch. I really dig some of the cymbal work. Overall, I would say that this is a textbook thrash album. It is not blazing any new trails musically but if you dig the thrash (and I do) you would be hard pressed to find a better example of a modern thrash band. Every song is solid, intricate, well written, expertly performed and well produced.

Like the back of the promo says, you usually expect great things when a group of fantastic musicians gets together to bang out a side project. Usually, these things end up being a disappointment. This is not the case with NHL. It delivers in every way. This album was a very nice surprise.

Cool bro ! Thanks for the kind words in your review. "Personal Hell" the 2nd song on the album, happens to be one of my favourites as well ! I agree, Christofer's guitar playing on this record is outstanding. He is simply amazing with his instrument. Pay attention to the bass playing too....Gustaf Hielm (ex-Meshuggah) is a monster bass player ! It truly was an honour doing an album with all these guys.

RVP

#94144 by Biert
Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:18 am
Once again, Einsteins theory on the relativity of time has been proven. Is it november 7th? No. Does Biert has the original of Non-Human Level? Yes.
Here's some crappy webcam pics.

#94149 by fragility
Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:19 pm
Damn listenable and their non-working paypal grrrrrr *shakes fist angrily*

#94188 by Drumdude13
Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:36 am
Biert wrote:Once again, Einsteins theory on the relativity of time has been proven. Is it november 7th? No. Does Biert has the original of Non-Human Level? Yes.
Here's some crappy webcam pics.

Yup that would be it bro ! I just got a bunch of copies in the mail the other day from Listenable Records. Very cool. I love the artwork too. NHL turned out to be an awesome package forsure......from the music to the artwork ! To whoever buy's the album.....hope you all enjoy it ! :P

#94189 by fragility
Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:44 am
I will when i can bloody well find somewhere I can order it from *cries*

#96201 by fragility
Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:16 am
Mine finally arrived, just on my first listen right now...quality stuff!!! :D

#96338 by Noodles
Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:44 pm
I still haven't gotten around to ordering like 10 albums that i've been wanting for a while now :(. I'll buy it eventually though... I theefed it off the internet and love it, pretty much my favourite melodic death metal album this year besides Arsis's EP

#96340 by Drumdude13
Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Noodels and Fragility :

Glad you guy's dig the album. We've been getting some great reviews on it and to hear cool things from fans like yourselv'es is even cooler ! Thanks for the support and the kind words. I'm really proud of this album and to hear awesome feedback from you guy's makes it even more rewarding. Enjoy it guy's and everyone else that owns it.....

RVP

#99924 by Dandamage
Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Immaculate drumming Ryan!!!!
anyone who can jam with Christofer is on the ball definatively
This album is getting more spins on the Ipod that anything else
play counts up to 16(times the entire album has played)
I bought my copy last week
been thrashing it at work
cheers

#99988 by Drumdude13
Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:19 am
Dandamage wrote:Immaculate drumming Ryan!!!!
anyone who can jam with Christofer is on the ball definatively
This album is getting more spins on the Ipod that anything else
play counts up to 16(times the entire album has played)
I bought my copy last week
been thrashing it at work
cheers

Thanks for the kind words bro !

I'm very happy with this album and have played it a million times, including 1 time with Christofer himself (Very cool experience) when he came to Vancouver on his last tour.

Anyways, glad you are enjoying listening to NHL ! Again, thanks for the nice comments....

All the best,

RVP