The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#89513 by Drumdude13
Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:39 pm
Here is the official update for RVP Drums for the month of September...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 26th 2005

I got tons of very cool news in this update regarding news about Endorsements, The DTB, Non-Human Level and the Russ Bergquist (ex-Annihilator Bassist) solo album.

First of all I would like to announce that I'm officially endorsed with Pearl Drums. I've been playing Pearl Drums since I started drumming. They have always been my only choice in drums and the only Drum company that I ever wanted to be endorsed with. I've had nothing but the best experiences with Pearl Drums when it comes to live or studio use. I would like to shout out a HUGE thanks to my "Bad-Ass-Metal-Smashin" Rep - Rene "Redge" Adolph and everyone at Pearl. Redge has been incredible to work with and represents Pearl just like the way the drums sound.....UNBELIEVABLE !!! We're working on an order for a brand new Pearl Masters Series Drumkit. It's gonna' be sick ! When the purchase is done, I'll have pic's and info on what I'm using. Thanks again to Redge and everyone at Pearl Drums.....they simply are the best reason to play drums !!!!

The DTB album is moving along very smoothly. It has easily been the best recording experience of my life. Never a bad moment, everyone in the band is very excited and the songs have such an amazing vibe to them, in my opinion. Dev's starting vocals and we'll soon be on to mixing before you know it. We also just finished a killer Photo Shoot with the talented Omer Cordell (SYL, Fear Factory) from Seventh Frame Photography. The shots are incredible. The whole band is blown away with how the pic's turned out. The CD REPLACE for this album is gonna be sick ! I'd like to personally thank Omer for another amazing Photo shoot, you rule bro ! For a more detailed update on the Synchestra happenings, check out the Hevy Devy Website/ Forums.

I just recieved the full length/completed Non-Human Level album in the mail a week ago. This album is crazy ! It is brutal, in-your-face Metal ! Christofer, Peter and Gustaf's contributions to this album are awesome. The artwork for the CD REPLACE looks insane ! The whole package of this album is gonna' be a treat for all you fans who are waiting to purchase it on October 24th. There's even a very cool cover song that we did as a bonus track for you all to check out....I'll leave that surprise until the album comes out..... Again, Non-Human Level is being unleashed world wide on October 24th ! Get ready for the madness...

The Russell Bergquist solo EP is ready for mixing. I got a copy of the 5 song EP a couple of days ago and it's kickin' ass ! The music is more of a Hard Rock vein than it is Metal. There is some technical playing/chops on it with some really cool time signature changes and grooves. I mentioned before that it has a bit of a Kings X vibe to it at times. Vivien Lalu will be mixing the album in France very soon. Russell will be leaving us here in Canada on September 30th to live in Holland with his wife and newborn son Jesse. I wish them all the best over Seas and I know Russ will be playing in something wicked in no time ! Stay posted on Russ' website for more info regarding his soon to be released EP.

Lastly, I'd like to congratulate all the winners in the last RVP Drums Forums contest. 3 people won a signed stick from myself, that was used on the DTB Synchestra Recordings. It was a fun contest as usual and the fans get to hang out and chat with me online when the contest is done. Stay tuned at the RVP Forums for the next contest. Thats it for now, until next time....

All the best,

RVP

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8)

#89697 by Jack Sparrow
Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:18 pm
Congrats again bro' :)

#89704 by Kenshino
Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:07 pm
I play Pearl drums.

Pearl drums just got even cooler to play.

#89731 by Drumdude13
Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:06 pm
Kenshino wrote:I play Pearl drums.

8)

They are very cool drums. I've never had a problem getting awesome drumsounds for live or studio use. Some very amazing drummers play Pearl and I'm honoured to be endorsed by this World Class company !

RVP

#89794 by EphelDuath666
Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:28 am
gayest news update ever!

I'm kidding!!! Congrats again for everything!

#89801 by Olive?
Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:45 am
And now what, Ryan?

What about a :speedo: endorsement?

#89816 by 7lights
Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:16 am
Ryan you're right about the sound, I was a non-believer, my only love was for DW. But your kit behind the mics did sound killer I must say, and I guess the guy smakin' them was alright too 8)

#89854 by Kenshino
Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:48 pm
Drumdude13 wrote:
Kenshino wrote:I play Pearl drums.

8)

They are very cool drums. I've never had a problem getting awesome drumsounds for live or studio use. Some very amazing drummers play Pearl and I'm honoured to be endorsed by this World Class company !

RVP

Totally man. I knew from day one that the drum set I would play and stick to is Pearl.

Gene and RVP on Pearl, can't get much sweeter than that. I'm totally happy for your endorsement, couldn't come from a better company to a better drummer.

Besides, Pearl hardware should be used to fortify tanks with. They don't come much more heavy duty than that.

#90035 by Drumdude13
Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:32 pm
Kenshino wrote:Gene and RVP on Pearl, can't get much sweeter than that. I'm totally happy for your endorsement, couldn't come from a better company to a better drummer.

Besides, Pearl hardware should be used to fortify tanks with. They don't come much more heavy duty than that.

Thanks alot bro and everyone else for your kind words.....except for Lars.... :wink: Kiddin' !

I could'nt agree more with your last statement....Pearl Hardware does rule indeed !

RVP

#90372 by Ineq
Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:02 am
I enjoy my Pearl set as well.. They are great quality for a great price!

#90443 by Drumdude13
Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:57 pm
Ineq wrote:I enjoy my Pearl set as well.. They are great quality for a great price!

Whatcha' Got ? A Reference, Masterworks, Masters ?

They make quite a few good kits for the money forsure.....I'm in the middle of ordering my new Custome Masters....it's gonna' be sick !!!!

RVP

#90579 by EphelDuath666
Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:25 pm
now we're all waiting for the official speedo endorsement! :P

#91103 by Matthijs K.
Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:37 pm
Drumdude13 wrote:I'm in the middle of ordering my new Custome Masters....it's gonna' be sick !!!!

Aawww man, give us some specs!!! I'm dying to know them! (I'm a drummer myself. I play Sonor, but I know fine drums when I see them ;) )

#91128 by Drumdude13
Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:10 pm
Matthijs K. wrote:
Drumdude13 wrote:I'm in the middle of ordering my new Custome Masters....it's gonna' be sick !!!!

Aawww man, give us some specs!!! I'm dying to know them! (I'm a drummer myself. I play Sonor, but I know fine drums when I see them ;) )

Go here :

http://hevydevyforums.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4399

You can even help me out with giving me your opinion on the Poll I've setup about the new kit I'm about to order.... :wink:

RVP