The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects

What color of Drums, Lugs and Rims should I get ?

17%
17%
5%
5%
24%
24%
5%
5%

#91301 by Drumdude13
Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:18 am
Matthijs K. wrote:Indeed, thanks for spending so much of your time answering our questions.
And errr....I play a four-piece kit as well, it gets the ol' creativity flowing eh?
I once read an interview with Chris Pennie (of Dillinger Escape Plan) and he said that he used a three-piece kit on tour back then. F*ucking hell! That bizarre shit on a three-piece kit! It's insane! It's a good way of telling what kind of drummer somebody is when you ask them about the philosophy behind the size of their setup. The layman often assumes that it is he who has the most stuff who can 'do more'. Well, you get my point.

Totally dude !

I can do so much with just a 4 piece kit. I do have a bunch of cymbals but thats what I like to use for creativity instead of a bunch of drums. To each there own. I like making a 4 piece kit sound bigger than what it is, I'm a huge fan of that..... I think I accomplished that on the new DTB, Non-Human Level and the Lalu record. With this new kit, there will be even more inspiration, trust me :wink:

RVP

#91882 by hog
Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:47 am
Root beer finish seems the nicest IMHO. You decided yet Ryan? :)

#91902 by Drumdude13
Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:51 am
hog wrote:Root beer finish seems the nicest IMHO. You decided yet Ryan? :)

Well I have decided......... the winner for color is.........

Rootbeer Fade with Black Lugs and Rims !

I already own a Pearl BLX Birch Studio Series Kit that I'm keeping and it's in Piano Black. I'm going to "Hot Rod" it with Black Lugs and Rims pretty quick. My Pearl Rep is helping me out with this, he's an amazing Rep ! He also happens to be the drum tech for Flo from Cryptopsy !!!! So I'll have the totally evil kit and then I'll have my classy Rootbeer Fade Reference Series kit with a twist of evil in it (Black Lugs and Rims). Dev really dug the Rootbeer Fade along with the rest of the DTB guys. I think Beavis is the only one who has'nt given an opinion yet. But thats easy...just get Beavis high and he'll like any color :lol:

So Rootbeer Fade it is........and i think I'll be ordering the kit today as well ! When it's all confirmed, I'll post the drum sizes and everything. I'll also post pic's when it arrive from backorder ! I'm hoping to get my new kit in a couple weeks as oppopsed to the 6 - 8 months that most people have to wait.....that's one of the cool perks about being endorsed !

So there it is, I'll post pic's of it and sizes soon...

RVP

#91933 by beavis christ
Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:31 pm
I like the green! :lol:

#91941 by CardDinour
Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:00 pm
beavis christ wrote:I like the green! :lol:

maybe you can get your own green drums then :)

#92209 by beavis christ
Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:52 am
CardDinour wrote:
beavis christ wrote:I like the green! :lol:

maybe you can get your own green drums then :)

Actually Ryan is using my kit, so maybe now I can get it back! And they are not green but white. :lol:

#92283 by Drumdude13
Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:16 am
beavis christ wrote:Actually Ryan is using my kit, so maybe now I can get it back! And they are not green but white. :lol:

This statement is actually very true !!!! :lol: I had to borrow Beavis' kit for a Session I'm doing cuz I still need my Pearl BLX for the DTB and my Solo album rehearsing. Thanks again Beavis ! :D

RVP

#92419 by CardDinour
Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:07 pm
Drumdude13 wrote:
beavis christ wrote:Actually Ryan is using my kit, so maybe now I can get it back! And they are not green but white. :lol:

This statement is actually very true !!!! :lol: I had to borrow Beavis' kit for a Session I'm doing cuz I still need my Pearl BLX for the DTB and my Solo album rehearsing. Thanks again Beavis ! :D

RVP

what a hog!!! whose kit you gunna nab if you get another session happening at the same time :shock: drummers, always take take take :P

#92423 by Atari
Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:18 pm

#92437 by Drumdude13
Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:20 pm
CardDinour wrote:what a hog!!! whose kit you gunna nab if you get another session happening at the same time :shock: drummers, always take take take :P

I don't need to worry about that now cuz I got a Pearl Endorsement and they'll take care of it for me now if I need an extra kit for a Gig or Session.... Beavis will get his Kit back pretty quick once my new Reference Series Kit comes in.... :D

RVP

#92461 by Chris
Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:33 am
Atari wrote:Image

Hypnotizing...

Must... close... window... but... can't... stop... watching...

#92464 by Blazingmonga
Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:35 am
Chris wrote:
Atari wrote:Image

Hypnotizing...

Must... close... window... but... can't... stop... watching...

Try watching that with some music with really heavy drumming....!

#92470 by Chris
Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:59 am
Ha! I think I found the actual song that he is drumming to.

#93686 by Drumdude13
Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:38 pm
Alright....

The PO is being cut today for my Rootbeer Fade Pearl Drumkit. I should be getting it in a week or so. I'll make sure to post pic's of the kit when I get it. I'm pretty stoked, it's a beautiful looking and sounding Drumkit. I'm getting it with Silver Chrome Hardware for now and I'll be getting all the black hardware, custom black lugs and rims in a few months. They are a special order.

So there it is.....can't wait. I'll post when it's delivered to me. Later 8)

RVP