The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#109821 by Chris
Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:32 am
I really do. I heard your drumming on AE, and I liked it. It really suited the feel of the album, I think. Then I heard Personal War from Non-Human Level and thought: Wow, this guy has some serious ambitions concerning his career as a snare destroyer.

Or, to summarize: I thought you were really good.

But now that I own my copy of Synchestra for more than a week, I have to admit that I was sooo wrong. You’re not a good drummer and you're not a very good drummer. You are nothing less than an amazing drummer.

I just started a topic about Synchestra’s production where I also stated how much I love the drum sound on this album (Credits go to Dev, you and your brother, right?) But I guess one of the reasons why I’m so happy about it is that your performance is so well and it’s such a pleasure to listen to it. It’s very varied and I love your double bass attacks (Hypergeek!), your approach to cymbals, your more progressive side... Performing on this album was a serious task, but you did a great job and... well... ehm... Yeah: Congrats! I could RT you a thousand times just out of gratitude (though I know one guy from these forums who would be really jealous...)

Btw: Which parts/songs from Synchestra do you find especially enjoyable to play?

#109827 by sj_2150
Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:29 am
what he said from me aswell

#109865 by Chris
Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:49 am
sj_2150 wrote:what he said from me aswell

In- or excluding the part with the RT? :lol:

#109956 by EternalMetal
Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:01 pm
Chris wrote:

I would probably go a little further with the RT, but thats just me :lol:

#109975 by sj_2150
Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:01 pm
Chris wrote:

i would tell you, but i duno what youre talking about (fucking abbreviations)

#110093 by gozu
Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:18 am
you don't wanna know, the rvp forums are just disturbing :D

#110098 by EphelDuath666
Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:56 am
yeah, I heard they are...someone should ban that Lars dude from there :D

#110099 by EphelDuath666
Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:57 am
oh, and I'd like to add that Ryan can be proud of himself :)
#110124 by Drumdude13
Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:35 am
Chris wrote:I really do. I heard your drumming on AE, and I liked it. It really suited the feel of the album, I think. Then I heard Personal War from Non-Human Level and thought: Wow, this guy has some serious ambitions concerning his career as a snare destroyer.

But now that I own my copy of Synchestra for more than a week, I have to admit that I was sooo wrong. You’re not a good drummer and you're not a very good drummer. You are nothing less than an amazing drummer.

I just started a topic about Synchestra’s production where I also stated how much I love the drum sound on this album (Credits go to Dev, you and your brother, right?) But I guess one of the reasons why I’m so happy about it is that your performance is so well and it’s such a pleasure to listen to it. It’s very varied and I love your double bass attacks (Hypergeek!), your approach to cymbals, your more progressive side... Performing on this album was a serious task, but you did a great job and... well... ehm... Yeah: Congrats! I could RT you a thousand times just out of gratitude (though I know one guy from these forums who would be really jealous...)

Btw: Which parts/songs from Synchestra do you find especially enjoyable to play?

WOW ! Thanks for the very kind words bro, I'm flattered :oops: ! I'm extremely proud of this album. I've told Dev many times that I'm most proud of this album more than any other I've done cuz it shows so many different sides of my playing and the fact that this album is hands down in my top 10 fave albums of all time to listen to. I'd maybe even say top 5 ! I have played more technical stuff on Lalu and Non-Human Level, which also showcases my drumming in many different styles but Synchestra is very special to me and I was allowed to do what I felt was right for each song on this album. This album will always remain very close to me, it's a beautiful piece of work IMO. Thanks again for the very kind words.....you and all the fans here are extremely supportive and very cool. Endless Thank-You's to you all !

I love so many parts on Synchestra.....

I love playing Hypergeek cuz there are tons of cool fills, Cymbal work, Double Bass and so on. It's a song packed with everything in just a couple minutes !!!

All of Triumph is so fun to play, probably the second most fun to play for me. Really cool grooves and beats. The Hi-Hat work (which is very hard to hear on the album) is soooooo fun to play at the start and end of the song. When you guy's see us live, you'll know what I'm talking about....it's really fusiony Hi-Hat work in Triumph. The end of Triumph is great to play as well, there are some fun fills and beats that I play. Killer song overall to play !

Vampira is fun to play cuz it's a no brainer, so easy ! You just get to pound out a fun song and have fun. Live, I'm adding some crazier fills to the song to spice it up. The new fills are fun to play :twisted:

Gaia takes the cake for the most fun song to play on Synchestra or out of any DTB song or Dev solo song !!! Ghost stroking like hell on this one. There is really fun and cool Cymbal work/fills throughout the song. The double kick in the mid section is fun to play. The overall vibe and groove to the song is just awesome !!!! By far my favorite DTB song to play drums to !

Pixillate is a close second. It's really fun to play with all the Tom work and the Bell and Splash fills I do throughout the song. I love playing the Chorus beat, I think it's really cool. The song is so huge and epic, that it makes it really fun building that song up when we play it. I love that song and hope we could play it everynight along with Gaia !!! That would rule.

Notes From Africa is obviously is a really fun song to play as well. It's a little too repetitive after a while :lol: BUT it's supposed to be like that. The groove on the toms are fun and I get to whip out a couple cool fills in the chorus which is cool too.

Overall, I love playing Synchestra as a whole. Mike and I have jammed the whole album several times and it's really cool when we do. My hope is that we will, one day, play all of Synchestra in it's entirety for a tour. It would be so cool and I think it would be the ultimate DTB show !!!! Play all of Synchestra and a 30 minute set of "The Best Of" from all the other Dev solo stuff. Trust me people, this has been brought up to Dev several times.... you never know down the road :wink:

So there it is ! I wrote a book for your answer there Chris ! I'm sure I answered it ! :lol:

All the best,

RVP
#110278 by Chris
Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:51 am
Drumdude13 wrote:So there it is ! I wrote a book for your answer there Chris ! I'm sure I answered it ! :lol:

All the best,

RVP

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow... Guess it's "thank you" - time again! It's great to see that you don't take your fans for granted and find the time to post THAT long answers... Though you must be quite busy preparing for the upcoming tour. That's sooo cool and it was such a pleasure to read your post! Another reason why these forums rule so much.

I think I speak for the majority of fans when I say that hearing Synchestra live in its entirety would be godly. Oh, but if you do... Make sure that this time, you'll find your way to Germany :wink:

Awesome.

#110336 by EphelDuath666
Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:46 am
yeah, totally amazing, considering how busy that dude is.
#110352 by CardDinour
Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:45 am
Drumdude13 wrote:
Chris wrote:I really do. I heard your drumming on AE, and I liked it. It really suited the feel of the album, I think. Then I heard Personal War from Non-Human Level and thought: Wow, this guy has some serious ambitions concerning his career as a snare destroyer.

All of Triumph is so fun to play, probably the second most fun to play for me

Vampira is fun to play cuz it's a no brainer, so easy ! You just get to pound out a fun song and have fun. The new fills are fun to play :twisted:

Gaia takes the cake for the most fun song to play on Synchestra There is really fun and cool Cymbal work

Pixillate is a close second. It's really fun to play

Notes From Africa is obviously is a really fun song to play as well.

so what you are trying to say is its fun to play synchestra ;) hehehehe ;)

i wish i could see all of synchestra + a best of (and 30mins wouldnt really get us far would it? ;))