The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#115167 by Drumdude13
Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:28 pm
Hey Everyone,

RVP here. Just got back from tour opening up for Opeth. It was amazing and an awesome tour for us. We were exposed to Sold Out crowds most of the nights and the crowds were definitely digging us. All the Opeth and Dark Tranquility guy's were fun to hang and party with. That was hands down the coolest tour I've done with the DTB, even though it was short. Thanks to Opeth for having us aboard such an awesome tour !!!!

On other tour news..... everyones asking about whether we are touring Europe in April/May 2006. Originally we were doing 1.5 weeks with Fear Factory and 3 weeks on our own headlining tour. As it turns out now, we are not doing ANY dates in Europe. Dev confirmed this with me yesterday. The whole tour has been cancelled for reasons that I cannot announce. I'm sure that the HDR site will make an announcement about everything soon. I'm extremely bummed out about this, but it's not in our control. Hopefully we'll make it over there sometime this year but nobody knows.

I just finished drum teching for the new SYL record. It was pretty cool. We got an awesome drum sound (Shaun Thingvold engineered again). Shaun and I are a pretty kick ass team when it comes to getting good drum sounds....as long as the sounds are'nt ruined with tons of shitty samples (I hate them). Gene laid down some bad ass drum tracks. The songs themselves are awesome. I think this will be a much easier album to get into, compared to Alien. Alien kicked mucho ass but it took many listens....this one won't IMO.

I have so much other cool news to tell regarding sessions, pic's, contest's and stuff but I'm going to save it for when my new website is done. I saw the photo's from Omer Cordell's photoshoot he did for me in Toronto, when we played Lee's Palace. The photo's are amazing and will give my new site a killer look. So stay posted. Geoff, my webmaster should start working on my new site in the next week or so...hopefully. Until I release a big update, take care and see ya' on the boards.

All the best,

RVP

#115195 by Zombielord1985
Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:46 pm
its good to hear about the new SYL album. good to hear you guys had fun with opeth on tour.

#115201 by Pisshead
Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:13 pm
Can't wait to see SYL for my second time this year!! It is inevitable.

But fuck, I was getting hyped for the DTB. You guys are, without a doubt, the better band.

Another time eh? :wink:
#115322 by Olive?
Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:04 am
Drumdude13 wrote: As it turns out now, we are not doing ANY dates in Europe. Dev confirmed this with me yesterday. The whole tour has been cancelled for reasons that I cannot announce. I'm sure that the HDR site will make an announcement about everything soon. I'm extremely bummed out about this, but it's not in our control. Hopefully we'll make it over there sometime this year but nobody knows.

THAT SUCKS BADLY.

I'm so disappointed... :sad:
#115327 by Biert
Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:14 am
Olive? wrote:
Drumdude13 wrote: As it turns out now, we are not doing ANY dates in Europe. Dev confirmed this with me yesterday. The whole tour has been cancelled for reasons that I cannot announce. I'm sure that the HDR site will make an announcement about everything soon. I'm extremely bummed out about this, but it's not in our control. Hopefully we'll make it over there sometime this year but nobody knows.

THAT SUCKS BADLY.

Aye! :(
#115343 by Drumdude13
Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:48 am
Olive? wrote:

THAT SUCKS BADLY.

I'm with you bro.............. 1000% :sad:

#115345 by EphelDuath666
Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:51 am
yeah...that means no RVP RT for me :sad:

#115372 by CardDinour
Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:32 pm
i wasnt going to get a tour, so its only fair you guys n girls cant :P

that sucks though. i hope the euros get one soon then :(

#115374 by gozu
Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:50 pm
i am so upset

#115375 by Biert
Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:58 pm
I just want to break something now :(

#115449 by Edzecrüshaer
Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:45 am
Noodles wrote:
I think this will be a much easier album to get into, compared to Alien. Alien kicked mucho ass but it took many listens....this one won't IMO.
:sad:

That really doesn't have to be a bad thing? :?

#115485 by Ike
Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:54 am
Edzecrüshaer wrote:
Noodles wrote:
I think this will be a much easier album to get into, compared to Alien. Alien kicked mucho ass but it took many listens....this one won't IMO.
:sad:

That really doesn't have to be a bad thing? :?

yeah, really! what is this, the "everybody make a sad face"-thread? c'mon, we'll see the dtb sooner or later, and the new SYL record will be an SYL record, so what's all the fuzz aboot?
btw, the delayed dtb-tour, and the work on a new syl-album makes me think about the "keep it in the family" tour, which was great. maybe they could do something like that again this year?

#115486 by Drumdude13
Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:03 am
Trust me everyone..... it's not going to be that easy for us (DTB) to tour this year with the way things are shaping up, I'm not being negative, I just know this as a fact. Don't get me wrong, we still might be doing a little touring at some point this year but it's not looking too good at all for 2006. That's why I'm pretty bummed out..... :sad: I was really looking forward to this tour in Europe so were the other guys.

Oh well, solo album time. I've already started jamming it out again and Dave Young will be dropping by in the next couple days to jam stuff out with me, including a song he was writing with me !

RVP
Last edited by Drumdude13 on Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

#115487 by Blazingmonga
Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:06 am
I'm sure any bad feelings or bummed out sensations (not that kind, Lars!) will be worth it in the end. Some things are worth waiting for! One day DTB will tour more fully and get to spread the love and there will be balance in the universe once again.