The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#130803 by Drumdude13
Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:17 am
October 2nd 2006

Well.....what can I say, I'm one busy dude !!!! I'm sorry once again for the delay in updates but my life has been completely taken over by the album I'm recording. I have ton's of news for you all in this update, including a name for my solo project and a new singer for the project.

The drum tracks for my solo album are done. I recorded all 12 songs for the album in 2.5 days at The Armoury Studios here in Vancouver, BC, Canada. They went awesome and sound HUGE !!! There is a variety of drumming on the album, everything from Groove drumming to Blast Beats to Jazzy interludes right up to some weird stuff including lotsa' Bell Cymbals ! I'm sure you drummers out there who follow my stuff will be happy with the end result.

We are now in the middle of doing Guitars and some Bass. Dave Young has been shredding up a storm on the Guitar. Some of you may know him as the Keyboard player for the Devin Townsend Band, but let me assure you, you'll know him for his guitar playing when you hear this record !!! The Guitar sound is massive and crunchy and the Bass sound is sub-sonic with killer attack. It's gonna' sound amazing when it's done.

I have a new singer to announce for this project. The original singer I had in mind did'nt work out due to time restraints so I recruited a very good friend of mine and amazing singer Denton Bramley. Denton was the first singer of my ex-band, God Awakens Petrified and is currently singing for the Metal band "The Miserables" in San Francisco. He has a killer singing voice with a brutal screaming voice. He's fit in perfectly for the project. A few of the song's Denton has written are called "Stupidity for All", "My Next Victim" and "Revolving Horror" to name a few. The music has gotten heavier with the addition of Denton, it's going to be sic !!!!!

My Solo album finally has a name now ! We have settled on the name Terror Syndrome. It was actually a title of one of Denton's song's until we agreed that it would make an awesome Metal band name. It also has a way better ring to it than RVP Solo album ! So there it is..... Terror Syndrome, get ready for some heavy shit !!!! We have a My Space account setup http://www.myspace.com/terrorsyndromeband ,along with Terror Syndrome.com, which will be setup in the near future. There will be tons of stuff loaded up to both sites eventually but not until the album is officially done.

The guest's for this album are getting ready to record their parts as well. Byron Stroud (Fear Factory, SYL) will be in to record his Bass track next week sometime. I've also sent song's to Gustaf Hielm (ex-Meshuggah), Christofer Malmstrom (Darkane, Non-Human Level) and am pre-paring to send song's to Trevor Dunn (Mr. Bungle, Fantomas), Alex Skolnick (Testament), among other guest's, to lay down their respective parts for the album. It's all coming together slowly but surely.

Well.....back to the grind. If you want to see any studio pic's.... you can check out http://www.rvpdrums.com , the update should be done today with all the pic's in my RVP Galleries. I'm hoping to give another studio update on the album very soon, so stay posted. Later.....

RVP

#130807 by Biert
Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:49 am
Haha I found out that title a couple of hours earlier :P

#130854 by sj_2150
Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:54 pm
sweet. cant wait to hear it dude :mrgreen:

#130883 by Biert
Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:25 am
sj_2150 wrote:sweet. cant wait to hear it dude :mrgreen:

I'll bet you can't, it has a song named Rusty Trombone!

#130887 by sj_2150
Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:54 am
Biert wrote:
sj_2150 wrote:sweet. cant wait to hear it dude :mrgreen:

I'll bet you can't, it has a song named Rusty Trombone!

:happy:

#130899 by JayjayAbnormal
Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:35 am
Sounds very promising, cant wait to hear it :)

#130940 by Yanko
Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:47 pm
congrats man!

VIDEOS!!! 8D~~~~