The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#132780 by Drumdude13
Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:45 pm
Nov 4th 2006

Got some cool news for you all in this update. Some more really cool session work news and a studio update on my solo/side project - Terror Syndrome.

The Terror Syndrome album is coming along awesome !!!!! Dave Young (Devin Townsend Band) kicked the shit out of the guitar tracks, this guy is unbelievable on guitar and we just finished off all the vocals for the album as well. Vocalist, Denton Bramley (ex-God Awakens Petrified, The Miserables), was in Vancouver for a few weeks and we were able to polish off all the vocals for the album. They are insane ! In my opinion, Denton's singing/screaming voice is up there with the best of them, his melodies and ideas are very cool and catchy as hell. His vocal tracks have elevated this album to a whole new level....just sic ! Byron Stroud (Fear Factory/Strapping Young Lad) was able to lay down a killer track in between his Fear Factory tours, he played on a song called "Disposable Empire" and kicked a ton of ass doing it. Mike Young (Devin Townsend Band) laid down his Bass track for the song "Motionless", man is this guy a talent on the Bass as well. Alex Skolnick (Testament), Trevor Dunn (Mr.Bungle, Fantomas), Christofer Malmstrom (Darkane), and Michael Manring (Session God) have the songs they are guesting on and are working on them, I'm hoping to have all the guest's recording's wrapped up pretty soon, including Devin Townsend's lead guitar contribution to one of my instrumental song's.. Some more pic's were added of the most recent recording sessions, check them out in my Gallery Section on the RVP Drums Website. The album is coming together nicely. I have a really heavy and diverse album waiting to be released.... can't wait ! Stay posted for more news to come on this project....

As far as session work goes.... I just recently recorded a drum track for US Atlantic recording artist's, Shinedown. The song is titled "Shed Some Light", it will be their brand new single. The band was busy on tour, so their drummer obviously could'nt record the track so I got the call from producer Brian Howes (Hinder, Closure) to record the drum track. It turned out awesome and master mixer Chris Lord-Alge (Bon Jovi, Greenday, My Chemical Romance) will be mixing the song. The song will be hitting radio stations everywhere soon.

I also recorded 3 tracks for a band called Faber Drive who just recently were signed to Universal Records USA and 604 Records Canada. Chad Kroeger (Nickelback), Brian Howes and Joey Moi (Nickelback, Default) produced the album. Their first single will be one of the songs I recorded drums on. Look for their album to be released in early 2007.

That's about it for now. Back to recording the Terror Syndrome album and more session work. I'll keep you all posted.......

All the best,

RVP

#132788 by sj_2150
Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:43 pm
HOORAY! :D

RVP RULES! :twisted:

#132812 by Biert
Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:44 am
sj_2150 wrote:HOORAY! :D

RVP RULES! :twisted:

I concur!

#134420 by Drumdude13
Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:27 pm
Noodles wrote:Any hints as to what it'll sound like? So far I'm imagining something like Darkane's last album.

Nope.

Definitely does'nt sound like the new Darkane, although that new Darkane album "Layers of Lies" is awesome.

This stuff is heavy, progressive at times and full of groove. Killer singing and screaming by the vocalist. We have a couple thrash-like tunes, a couple instrumentals, a really cool, moody slow song and then a ton of heavy stuff with killer vocals.

Overall, I'd say that the album is very intense yet catchy. Can't wait for you all to hear it..... :twisted: It's not European (Darkane, Soilwork) sounding at all though.... just plain heavy. I'd say a little heavier sounding than Pantera but not as extreme as SYL. It's cool.... trust me :wink:

Terror Syndrome, ready to tear you a new ass !!!

RVP

#134432 by sj_2150
Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:42 am
*dances in happiness*

#134435 by black_tooth_grin
Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:50 am
sj_2150 wrote:*dances in happiness*

*joins Sab dancing* :P

#134459 by Biert
Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:10 am
Im A Strapping Young Lad wrote:
sj_2150 wrote:*dances in happiness*