The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#134968 by Drumdude13
Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:35 am
Here's the latest update from my official website,

Dec 3rd 2006

Well here it is, the last update for 2006 ! Got a studio update for you all on my solo/side project Terror Syndrome and some related RVP session news.

First of all, the Terror Syndrome album is going better than I could ever dream of. I just recieved Chrsitofer Malmstrom's (Darkane, Non-Human Level) guitar solo for the thrash song "Riot of Red". GOD DAMN !!!!!! This solo is absolutely amazing and crazy. If you want speed, weirdness and creative guitar playing, then this solo is the one to listen to. Christofer complimented the craziness of the song as good as anyone could, with his incredible guitar solo. HUGE thanks to Christofer for a job extremely well done and for his contribution to the Terror Syndrome album !

Mike Young (Devin Townsend Band, 10 Ways from Sunday) will be laying down the equally crazy Bass Track for "Riot of Red" this week. I've been in touch with Alex Skolnick (Testament), Michael Manring (Session Bass God), Trevor Dunn (Mr.Bungle, Fantomas) and Devin Townsend (Strapping Young Lad, Devin Townsend Band) and should be have their efforts within the next couple weeks or so. I'm sure you'll hear about their awesome contributions in my next update. Lastly, I've made a couple calls to the best studios in Vancouver for mixing and I am planning on mixing the album late December or early January. Things are finally coming close to an end. Terror Syndrome 2007 !!!

Deep Peace Design will start to work on the Terror Syndrome website very soon and will also design our CD artwork, so expect something ready to go online in 2007. Right now you can visit http://www.myspace.com/terrorsyndromeband which is the current site and should have some music samples soon.

As for RVP Session News, the Polish hard rock band Delight are getting ready to release their debut album "Breaking Ground" on RoadRunner Records on Jan. 19th 2007. I recorded 14 songs for their debut album earlier this year with Rhys Fulber (Fear Factory, Front Line Assembly) producing. They have posted a track named "Divided" on their My Space page ( http://www.myspace.com/delightspace ). It's a straight up ass kickin hard rock song. This recording was also the first recording I used my new Pearl Reference Kit from my Pearl Endorsement. Killer sounding drums ! My hats off to everyone at Pearl Drums for making such awesome sounding drums ! So keep your ears open for Delight, I have a good feeling that this band is going to make a mark in the music industry.

So, another year is coming to an end. 2006 was a great year for me and I hope all of you had a great year as well. 2007 is probably one of the most anticipated years for me in my life ! I'm really excited about getting Terror Syndrome out there for you all to hear and hopefully getting some new Devin Townsend Band stuff done too, when Dev's ready. Which reminds me.... I would like to congratulate Devin and Tracy on the birth of their beautiful baby boy Reyner Townsend. The kid is friggin' adorable !!!! I've been waiting for Dev and Tracy to announce it on their website before I congratulated them via the web. Watch out... Another musical genius is born Well, Merry Xmas and all that Jazz. I wish you all a safe Holidays and a kick ass 2007 ! Be safe.

All the best,
RVP

#134969 by Turge
Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:07 am
Good news mr Poederooyen! Looking forward to this :)

#134981 by Biert
Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:47 pm
Ryan... You tease.... :twisted:

#134994 by Turge
Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:13 pm
Biert wrote:Ryan... You tease.... :twisted:

And we llllike it.

#135020 by sj_2150
Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:00 am
RVP! smash dem skins! \m/

#135872 by IamaFlukeintheworld
Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:26 pm
Looking forward to hearing the solo album dude ! 2007 will be a killer year for ya i am sure bro.