The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#140287 by Biert
Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:06 am
For those who haven't seen it yet, there's a new blog on the Terror Syndrome MySpace:
MIXING !!! I't's begun....

Sup Metalheads,

So it's begun... the mixing for the Terror Syndrome album has begun, over the last few days. We've been shackled up in one of Vancouvers top studio's - Greenhouse Studios (Nickelback, Skid Row, Queensryche) mixing our soon-to-be debut release. It's sounding huge and fuckin' sic !!!!

We have Shaun Thingvold - Engineer, Mixer (Has worked on Lamb of God, Fear Factory, Strapping Young Lad) mixing the album on a kick ass SSL board. The vocals are brutal and clear, the guitars are wide, crunchy and low, while the bass has crap loads of attack with sub-sonic tones and the drums are big, driving and punishing as hell. This seriously sounds amazing and it couldn't be turning out any better. Everything from writing the album, rehearsing it and producing it has been quite the task but it's been worth it. Just listening to these mixes is the proof. I'm a happy man after all the hard work that everyone has put into this album. All the guy's have worked so hard and put in many hours to make this sound as good as it does.

Same goes for the guest appearances. I obviously have them all now and god damn do we have some incredible appearancees on this album. Byron Stroud (Fear Factory) layed down one fat Bass track to "Disposable Empire". Trevor Dunn (Mr. Bungle, Fantomas) layed down one of the coolest Bass Tracks I've heard in a long time in "Rusty Trombone" with the same Bass he used on the Mr. Bungle albums - California and Disco Volante, his Bass solo is amazing. Alex Skolnick (Testament) compliments Trevor's amazing Bass playing with two incredible guitar solo's, one very Metal and one very Jazzy... that's right JAZZ !!!! You'll hear soon. Michael Manring (Bass GOD !) did an equally amazing Bass Contribution on "Spinning Backwards" with Devin Townsend (Strapping Young Lad, Devin townsend Band) who probably layed down one of the craziest instrumental guitar leads I think I've ever heard. Dev's reamins one of music's genius'. And we can't forget the tasty yet mindblowing solo that Christofer Malmstrom (Darkane, Non-Human Level) layed down in "Riot of Red". He absolutely kills on the track he guested on. I could'nt be happier with the end result of all the guest appeaarances. The dream is coming true.

We are not far away from posting some official MP3's of the first Terror Syndrome album. I can't wait. Keep your eyes and ears posted cuz we'll be delivering some straight up Bone Crunchin' Metal for you all very soon. This isn't a tease this is just the plain truth on what's happening and what to expect. I want you all to be ready...... Stay posted......

All the best,

RVP.

Not a tease????? Dude I'm drooling all over! :P