The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#140965 by Biert
Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:14 am
drumdude13 wrote:Feb 13th 2007

Well it's time everyone ! Get your Metal Shoes on.....

Terror Syndrome is now ready to be heard by you all. I'm really excited to finally give a sneak peak of this Heavy, Groove Oriented Metal Band that I've been writing music for and producing over the last 9 months or so. You also get to hear the talented voice of Denton Bramley, a metal voice at its best ! To check out a sound clip go to the official Terror Syndrome My Space Page - http://www.myspace.com/terrorsyndromeband and give it a listen. The quality isn't the best due to the My space MP3 quality but you will definitely get to hear the Metal of Terror syndrome.

The MP3 we have up is a medley of 3 songs off of the album which is going to be titled "Stupidity for All". We will be putting up four seperate MP3 medley's in the upcoming weeks on our My Space Page for you all to check out. The songs in the first medley are Stupidity for All, When God Was Sober and Thrill Pill. Hope you all dig it. You will soon get to hear a taste of all the guest appearances from Alex Skolnick (Testament), Devin Townsend (Strapping young Lad, Devin Townsend Band), Trevor Dunn (Mr. Bungle, Fantomas), Byron Stroud (Fear Factory, SYL), Christofer Malmstrom (Darkane, Non-Human Level) and Michael Manring (Bass Session GOD). Everyone of these guests did an amazing job on their respective songs, I can't wait for you all to hear them in our future MP3 Medleys which will be posted one by one in the near future. The album was mixed and engineered by Shaun Thingvold (worked with Lamb of God, Fear Factory, Strapping Young Lad) at Greenhouse Studios here in Vancouver, BC, Canada.

We are still finishing up some details on this album (Still needs to be professionally mastered and such) and we will hopefully be releasing it sometime in late spring/early summer 2007. There will be some more sneak peak MP3's coming soon... Stay posted for more of Terror Syndrome to come your way. It only gets crazier !!!!

All the best,

RVP.

#140967 by sj_2150
Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:51 am
YES! sounds awesome! heavy as! and yes i agree. the singer has a great voice :D

#140973 by Hughie
Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:10 am
Nice.. love the drums:D

#140974 by Biert
Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:11 am
Fooking heavy man!

And I don't know where to get it of course ;) (All thanks to Blazingmonga)

#140998 by JayjayAbnormal
Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:03 pm
I've listened to that medley at least 25 times today. Not kidding either.

Can't wait!

#141043 by Persuader
Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:31 am
Sounds great, not at all what I had expected (still spinning NHL). Sound's a bit muddy, but I'm sure it'll turn out great in the end!

#141058 by JuZ
Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:08 am
RUUUUOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHH!

Heavier than I expected, for sure, but I likes what I hears so far. Thanks Biert, thanks Ryan.

#141069 by Drumdude13
Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:47 am
Persuader wrote:Sounds great, not at all what I had expected (still spinning NHL). Sound's a bit muddy, but I'm sure it'll turn out great in the end!

Yeah, it's funny I didn't really know what everyone was expecting. :lol: It is was it is, I'm proud of it and it's 100% me, thats how I write. Unfortunately you guy's aren't hearing full songs yet. That's when you will truly get a grasp of what Terror Syndrome is all about.... believe it or not it's more punishing sounding than what the MP3 implies and hearing whole songs will make each song make a hell of a lot more sense. It's pretty heavy shit with killer grooves and musicianship as a collective, IMO.

As for the muddiness, I agree thats due to the MP3 quality and even more importantly... mastering hasn't been done yet. When mastering is done, it'll clean a lot of things up including the muddiness.

Thanks for all your input and comments it's great to hear feedback from all of you, I really do respect all your opinions whether good or bad. I know this won't be everyones cup of tea and thats cool, but at the moment I'm stoked cuz the majority of the responses have been overwhelmingly awesome !

Thanks again to all of you and your input !

All the best,

RVP

Thanks