The place to speak about Ryan Van Poederooyen projects
#172814 by Drumdude13
Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:20 pm
Hey Everyone,

So we've had the same MP3's up for quite some time at our Terror Syndrome My Space page and we feel it's time to put up an MP3 that added some twisted craziness to the Terror Syndrome album.... 'Spinning Backwards' featuring Devin Townsend (Lead Guitar) and Michael Manring (Bass).... it's officially up on our My Space Player. Lots of you (on My Space) who have already bought the debut Terror Syndrome album off of iTunes (released July 10th, 2008) have heard this song but for those who haven't, here you go.

http://www.myspace.com/terrorsyndromeband

This song is an instrumental and it was written by myself and Dave Young (DTB). I really wanted to close the album out with something crazy and messed up to leave people thinking, 'What the hell????" I told Devin and Michael to go nuts and do something really out there and they definitely did! Both of them did such an amazing job. This turned out better than I could of imagined and you'll know why the song it titled 'Spinning Backwards' once you've heard it. Hope you guys enjoy the craziness.

Thanks for all your support. We get fan mail everyday (at My Space) saying how much you guys are digging the new album. Keep spreading the TERROR and let everyone know that the album is out world wide via iTunes, Napster, Amazon MP3, Rhapsody and more distributers digitally. You all rule and we'll keep you posted on shows and touring news as it happens.

Horns High,

RVP
#172919 by Lawrence
Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:51 pm
When i first heared this song i thought wow dev is doing some killer guitar work here... Then i listened to it really loud, this shit fucks with your head. It sounds to me like Meshuggah/Buckethead/Steve vai all rolled into one. Dev is soooooo amazing on guitar. The drums are sick as well, awesome track.
#172936 by Drumdude13
Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:29 pm
Lawrence wrote:When i first heared this song i thought wow dev is doing some killer guitar work here... Then i listened to it really loud, this shit fucks with your head. It sounds to me like Meshuggah/Buckethead/Steve vai all rolled into one. Dev is soooooo amazing on guitar. The drums are sick as well, awesome track.

Thanks for the kind words Lawrence!

That was the idea with this song when I was writing it with Dave Young... to write something crazy and out there. Dev and Michael Manring was the push over the cliff that the song needed. They did an amazing job. I agree with you that you can pick out new things when you listen to it each time, it makes music more interesting to listen to. Glad you dug it bro. Thanks for the support and keep spreading the TERROR!

Best,

RVP
#173310 by Drumdude13
Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:31 am
Matt Nevens wrote:Aye this song is incredible Devin has totally done an awesome job ands its great to hear some new music from y'all

Is the terror syndrome album going to be released on CD properly?

Yes, it eventually will be released on CD format but at the moment we are focusing on digital sales. The more digital sales the faster we tour and the faster we can get an actual CD out to our fans. Thanks for the support bro and yes, Devin did an amazing job on 'Spinning Backwards'. I wanted something crazy from him and he definitely delivered!!!! The rest of the album is pretty heavy with a few more surprises like 'Spinning Backwards', for those who haven't heard it!

Thanks for the support Matt!

Best,

RVP