Who's behind the door... who's behind the door?

What is your favourite song from Accelerated Evolution?

6%
9%
9%
2%
2%
15%
15%
6%
6%
2%
2%
4%
4%
3%
3%
5%
5%

Re:

#269909 by LicoriceLain
Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:42 am
The Dev wrote:It's Away for me...almost every time.

"Away" is close to top for me, too. I chose "Sunday Afternoon", though. Unlike "Deadhead", "Away", "Suicide" and "Slow me down", I never cut it off early.

For me, personally, it evokes the same mood as "Unity".
#272885 by No OnE
Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:57 am
Sunday Afternoon, by far! It blows me away each time I hear it, especially if I'm listening to it in the entire context of the album. Not very many songs have ripped tears out of my two eyeballs, but this one has.

LicoriceLain wrote:
The Dev wrote:It's Away for me...almost every time.

"Away" is close to top for me, too. I chose "Sunday Afternoon", though. Unlike "Deadhead", "Away", "Suicide" and "Slow me down", I never cut it off early.

For me, personally, it evokes the same mood as "Unity".

Great way to put it! It definitely restores a sense of inner peace to me when I hear it, much like Unity.
#290948 by 89GTA
Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:32 am
Sunday Afternoon for me as well, was just sitting at my desk cranking it and just had to come here to post, Slow Me Down is a close second though.
#292304 by Helge-Uwe
Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:13 am
had to put on Sunday Afternoon directly after reading the poll results since it's SUCH an awesome song!
#325818 by FeelingShred
Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:31 pm
Can't believe Traveller is the least voted, it was the song that played randomly in my playlist and got me hooked on the album ("what is this chorus?" jaw dropped)
I find Traveller to be interesting for many reasons in a songwriting perspective. The first one that got me, after the chorus, was how the instrumental intro sounds, it's like a fanfare you often hear in videogame music (a genre of its own), it's like a tribute to life, something really powerful it's about to happen, an epiphany.
The vocals on the chorus are really unique, reminds me of Scott Weiland's vocal personas. In 4 minutes of music, it pretty much achieves everything: ethereal classic-music-like instrumental intro, not too personal lyrics who actually say something, even an acoustic breakdown in the middle, and at the end you have no choice but hit that Repeat button for 15 times because the damn thing is too short.
Reminds me of an old saying, "simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication".