Who's behind the door... who's behind the door?

Sunday Afternoon or Slow Me Down?

22%
22%
28%
28%

#46952 by Skeletor
Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:24 pm
I can better relate to Slow Me Down.

#47055 by King Fear
Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:11 am
Sunday Afternoon is actually my least favourite song on AE, so the choice is easy for me.

#47070 by dub
Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:49 am
First time I heard Slow Me Down, I though it was the weakest track, but it really grew on me. After all the rest of the emotional drama on the album, its a feel good ending that leaves a smile on my face.

#47139 by nightnurse
Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:04 pm
Slow Me Down

It was my wedding recessional music too, in church and everything, people were bouncing.

#47363 by danceswithchickens
Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:41 am
Are you fucking kidding me? Sunday Afternoon is one of the best songs on AE. "Slow Me Down" would be better compared to "Stagnant" from Terria...

#47457 by King Fear
Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:10 am
danceswithchickens wrote:Are you fucking kidding me? Sunday Afternoon is one of the best songs on AE. "Slow Me Down" would be better compared to "Stagnant" from Terria...

No I'm not. Sunday Afternoon was the odd one out for me right away from the first listen. Yes, Slow Me Down is an "easier", much more accessible song. But so what?

#47550 by LouiLoomis
Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:42 pm
danceswithchickens wrote:"Slow Me Down" would be better compared to "Stagnant" from Terria...

I agree, they are both uplifting album enders!

#47560 by danceswithchickens
Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:41 pm
LouiLoomis wrote:
danceswithchickens wrote:"Slow Me Down" would be better compared to "Stagnant" from Terria...

I agree, they are both uplifting album enders!

And they both have that cheesy 80s feel to them...great songs, nonetheless.

#47561 by dub
Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:05 pm
Devin sounds cheesy and 80's whenever he opens his mouth :D

Seriously man, it'll grow on you.

#47581 by DimeWeed
Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:10 pm
It has gorwn on me from the 1st time I heard it, but not at the same rate the Sunday grows on me each time i hear it - it baffles me to see Slow winnin' - I love the warm vocals and the solo fits in so perfectly. Slow just doesn't seem as intricate. For an ablum closer, i'm more keen for a big epic, a la 'Planet Rain'.

#47590 by BrunoN
Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:22 am
Slow Me Down At Sunday Afternoon.

I other words, both have same level of coolness - can't pick favourite.

["Slow Me Down" is nice album ending, though]

#47646 by danceswithchickens
Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:22 am
DimeWeed wrote:It has gorwn on me from the 1st time I heard it, but not at the same rate the Sunday grows on me each time i hear it - it baffles me to see Slow winnin' - I love the warm vocals and the solo fits in so perfectly. Slow just doesn't seem as intricate. For an ablum closer, i'm more keen for a big epic, a la 'Planet Rain'.

Yes, the vocal harmonies during the chorus are what sold me on Sunday Afternoon. And the guitar melody behind them. I guess Slow Me Down is a little too upbeat to be one of my favorites. Great chorus, though...

#47647 by Symbolic Hearse
Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:42 am
Slow Me Down sounds like pop punk at times. Sunday Afternoon is perhaps the best song on the album.

#47801 by hog
Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:22 am
Slow me down, its like a progression of Material. Its catchier than the common cold :D

#47868 by EternalMetal
Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:37 pm
Sunday Afternoon is amazing. I get such good memories from that song, and it gives off such good happy vibes. I cant help but smile when i listen to this song. Its so gay :)

But i like slow me down too. It reminds me of the obvious, hanging out with girls, which is cool. But its just not as good a song as Sunday Afternoon. I think sunday Afternoon is like one of my favorite Devy songs. But its almost impossible to pick favorites, i can relate to almost and song, especially Terria and AE. those are my favorite albums.

Sunday, its no contest. I just listened to it, and its so chill.