Who's behind the door... who's behind the door?

#105033 by Naffis-kun
Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:33 am
HAHA!! YOU LIKE YOU OWN MUSIC!!

Of course he does :).

I always make songs I like, too.

Btw, Slow me down is a great song. Every girl I know likes it. And it's also their favourite one.

#105041 by sj_2150
Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:03 am
Naffis-kun wrote:
HAHA!! YOU LIKE YOU OWN MUSIC!!

Of course he does :).

I always make songs I like, too.

Btw, Slow me down is a great song. Every girl I know likes it. And it's also their favourite one.

i was fuckin around. i can understand why devy listens to his music

#105816 by Pisshead
Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:15 pm
Just received AE today..I like it, it isn't as much of an attention grabber but more of a relaxing, rocking out album to put on at parties..less influence on the brain but at least competent.

EDIT: This thing is growing on me...love it.

#107867 by Bolo Mark 33
Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:42 am
My 2 cents:

I probably don't know what I'm talking about here, but I think that the main difference between AE and much of Devin's previous work is that, on average, AE has fewer layers in its songs. It's a lot more of just guitars, drums, and vocals and a bit less of the sound clips and synthesized sounds that are generally present in most of his work.

I think that's what throws a lot of his longtime fans when they first hear AE. It sounds hollow to someone expecting something like Ocean Machines, Physicist, Infinity, or Terria. But it's not. The real problem is our expectations, not the music.

/end 2 cents

#107935 by sj_2150
Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:39 am
yep, practice record

fucking awesome practice record though! :D

#110926 by Kristopher
Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:52 am
Bolo Mark 33 wrote:My 2 cents:

I probably don't know what I'm talking about here, but I think that the main difference between AE and much of Devin's previous work is that, on average, AE has fewer layers in its songs. It's a lot more of just guitars, drums, and vocals and a bit less of the sound clips and synthesized sounds that are generally present in most of his work.

I think that's what throws a lot of his longtime fans when they first hear AE. It sounds hollow to someone expecting something like Ocean Machines, Physicist, Infinity, or Terria. But it's not. The real problem is our expectations, not the music.

/end 2 cents

dude ithink the other guys agreed with you too... but i wanna say sumthin...
Around This time (SYL Self titled and AE THE DTB) was when dev sort of changed the way he aproached his "Band" from what I gathered.... and the writing process became more of the band.....(well atleast in the self titled syl.... but he mentioned in TheDTB that it was becoming more about 'the Instruments') And at this time I too noticed that SYL And AE seemed less devy and more musical (more like a band pumpin out some music as opposed to sitting in the lab).... how much sense that doesnt make i dont care because to describe the change is very difficult... but I understand where you are coming from.

And by the sounds of whats happenned sinces...(ALIEN and SYNCH)... the changes have only lead to a better present.

And I dont know what Im talking about either.

#112568 by dedrexel
Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:10 pm
What the hell is wrong with you people! AE RULES!!!! Fall to your knees and worship.

#136541 by frog
Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:02 pm
Everything on AE is good except Slow Me Down.

Although Storm, Deadhead, Suicide and Sunday Afternoon are the best ;)

#136567 by Biert
Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:04 am
frog wrote:Everything on AE is good except Slow Me Down.

Slow We Down is actually my favourite...

#136620 by the_scoon
Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:44 pm
Bolo Mark 33 wrote:My 2 cents:

/end 2 cents

The funny thing about this is, this album was the first thing I heard by Devin and so I was like "OMFG! Soooo many layers!" Then I found Terria...

Nonetheless, I love that album, simply because it sounded exactly like the sound I was trying to find in a band for god knows how many years.

#136647 by Leechmaster
Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:17 am
Biert wrote:
frog wrote:Everything on AE is good except Slow Me Down.

Slow We Down is actually my favourite...

Mine too...

Naffis-kun wrote:Btw, Slow me down is a great song. Every girl I know likes it. And it's also their favourite one.

Does that mean I'm effeminate?? :?

#152931 by bluedrgn456
Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:54 pm
hmm.. i dont know what sort of problem anyone could have with AE, its totally accessible, but very deep on many levels. some moments arent as 'layered' as other albums, but i still consider it to be one of my favorite albums. the only track i dont like really is traveller.. but other ones, like the raw energy and insanity of Depth-Charge, the empathetic Storm, and the very intese (especially vocally) Deadhead are just testaments to his songwriting skills.
#167049 by Marijn
Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:09 pm
I like Accelerated Evolution. It is indeed very accessible. But I find that this album is less special than the other albums.

So: I do like it but I like the other albums better! :wink: