Who's behind the door... who's behind the door?

#66969 by Janne
Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:55 am
I think it's a bit tame...

#69276 by SirJuzzi
Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:30 am
Veri weird. IMO, Accelerated Evolution is a close second best Devin album, Terria being the best. Maybe that's just because I'm quite a new Devy fan and bought AE and Terria almost at the same time, so both of them got similar amount of listening time. I bought Infinity and Ocean Machine afterwards and I don't think they are as good as the two newest ones, though Infinity is very cool and OM is begining to grow on me.

But think of Deadhead, Suicide, Depth Charge, Slow Me Down... some best Devy songs ever, or can anyone disaggree? :D

#69352 by SirJuzzi
Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:43 pm
Not really. The stuff is crazy but not hard to access.

#69490 by disgruntledembryo420
Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:24 pm
Infinity actually used to be my least fav Dev album, but it grew on me after about two years, and now I think it's wonderful. Though I still think my fav is a tie between OM and Terria. Then there's AE, too. Bahh, I don't know, with Dev, it's hard to pick.

#70204 by pixeldream
Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:49 am
I'm just listening to Devin for a while. Right now Accelerated Evolution is rocking my world, it's like music in 3D. Bad Devil is awesome, and I can really appreciate the madness in Physicist. I have to get into Terria, I already like it but it definately takes a time to get the hang of it.

#70254 by Greg Reason
Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:01 am
I only find it difficult to seperate between the Holy Trinity - Infinity, Ocean Machine and Terria..... I lean towards Infinity the most, terria secondly and OM last, but they can still vary............

#72473 by uthor
Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:14 am
I've just ordered Terria and i'm looking forward to hearing the older works of dev..

For me AE is the first album i've heard from dev and i really like it.. helps me get to sleep and stuff !, at some points i agree it gets too poppy but i've never liked every song of any cd.

#72849 by 66tinytears99
Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:17 am
I love AE, its one of the best albums ive ever heard, the only Devin Townsend cd i couldnt get into was Physicist, everything else is awesome, id say Terria and AE are the best just dont ask me to decide which is better!

#92895 by pdz99
Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:50 am
while u are entitled to ure opinion silicium gentlemen

my personal opion is that u have no clue

clearly accelerated evolution is one of devins best works and is almost close to the brilliance of a best of

it has some of his best songs

the guitar at the start of deadhead is absoulotly amazing

and depth charge is insane

#95176 by Deth Warmdover
Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:25 am
AE is one of my favorites but I'm glad I got to it when I did. My flow into Dev world was
1Alien-WHAT THE FU>>>>WAS THAT???!!!
2Ocean Machine-oooooohhhhhhh!!!
3Infinity-Trippy
4Terria-WOW like a trip across Canada
5City-I'm listening to the machine of God
6AE. The cruzing album weeeeeeeeee...
Idunno...It's like evolving yourself first out of the black sky diving to the ocean,erge to evolve to land and earth then a trip to the underworld then streight out to space. With Synchestra were goin to heaven y'all.
It all is hooked together!! 8)

#95208 by doomsoldier
Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:08 pm
A.E is my least favorite Dev album, with Terria and Infinity taking first and second place, respectively.

#100139 by Lumiere
Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:45 pm
AE is the only Dev album I have trouble connecting with. OM was a wonderful trip, Infinity was mind boggling, Physicist rattled my foundations and Terria is my favourite album of all time, pretty much. But I can't make the connection with AE. It doesn't affect me emotionally whatsoever. There's some fantastic material, but it's balanced out by snatches of Devin's worst material of all time. Synchestra more than makes up for it, though.