Who's behind the door... who's behind the door?
#64012 by asparagusDuck
Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:18 pm
A friend gave this to me during school today as a late xmas present! I couldn't wait to get home and give it a spin. After my first complete listen through the album I just had to go back and start it over. I love it! After one listen, my favorite tracks are probably Depth Charge, Deadhead, and Away. Sunday Afternoon was pretty cool too. Well they all were. The only one that I didn't really like as much as the others was Traveller, but I'm sure it'll grow on me with more listens.
Now the only one I have left to get is Physicist.

On a different note, I'm just curious what everyone's order is for favorite Dev albums. It's tough to say, but of the ones I have I'd probably say
1. Ocean Machine
2. Infinity
3. Terria

Accelerated Evolution (haven't heard enough to rank obviously)
Physicist - don't have

#64030 by Bloody_Rust
Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:38 pm
It's cool that you like it. Away is a great song!

I think that of the albums I have so far, it would be...

Actually, I just can't choose. I love them all because they're so different. Those three albums helped me live through my 2 week holiday in Cyprus back in July/August :D

#64319 by asparagusDuck
Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:30 pm
I've been having a weird experience with AE. At first, I loved it. Then the more i listened the more i began to find it a little disappointing. Even songs I had really liked the first few times like Depth Charge didn't appeal to me anymore for some reason. Now I'm listening to it again right now and I really like it again. I have a feeling in a few more days it will grow on me and I'll appreciate it fully.

#64444 by Bloody_Rust
Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:45 am
Yeah, weird things like that can happen! I find that on a first listen, I don't like some of Devin's songs. But then the more I listen to them, the more I end up loving them :)

#64547 by psychotic
Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:37 pm
Accelerated Evolution is an amazing album. I like every track on the album. If Traveller never grows on you, don't worry, it's not your fault. While it's one of my favorite Devin songs ever done, I can easily see how a Devin fan wouldn't like it, the first reason being how poppy it is, and there's other reasons, but I for one love it.

Anyway, rating Dev's solo albums is something very hard, because they're all so amazing, but I'll give it a try.

1. Terria
2. Infinity
3. Accelerated Evolution
4. Physicist
5. Ocean Machine

or maybe it's

1. Terria
2. Ocean Machine
3. Physicist
4. Accelerated Evolution
5. Infinity

Eh, I really don't know, Terria is my favorite, but past that just mix everything up however you want, they're all amazing.

#64578 by doomsoldier
Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:20 pm
^^^

Yeah, other than Terria being number one, it's hard for me to rank 'em.

I'd say:

1.Terria
2.Infinity
3.Ocean Machine=Physicist=A.E

I personally found Accellerated Evolution to be one of Devin's easier albums to get into ('cept for Deadhead and Away which took a few weeks). If you're a fan of heavier Devin, I really recommend trying Physicist after you've settled into A.E.

#64582 by asparagusDuck
Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:09 pm
Yeah I'm planning on ordering Physicist this week along with HAARHT. I'm really excited about physicist, the mp3 snippet of namaste has been teasing me for a long time. Im dying to hear more!

As for Accelerated Evolution, I've been listening to it like crazy the last few days and any doubts I had have been eradicated. I really like Traveller now. Except for one part of the song that kinda bugs me, I love the rest. This is how I'd rate the songs at this point
Depth Charge - 8.5/10
Storm - 9/10
Random Analysis - 8.5/10
Deadhead - 10/10
Suicide - 9/10
Traveller - 8/10
Away - 9/10
Sunday Afternoon - 9/10
Slow me Down 8/10

#64601 by doomsoldier
Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:16 pm
Heh. I remember when I had Physicist coming in the mail, every day I would come home from school and listen to that Namaste clip. I wanted to hear that song so bad by the time I finally got it. You just brought that to my memory.

In regards to Accellerated Evolution, my favorite track is Sunday Afternoon. That song kicks so much ass.

#65214 by Jim Fear
Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:13 pm
I loved this album instantly..if that makes anyone happier..

#65289 by Coma Divine
Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:49 am
Never mind! Call off the search party! Tell NORAD to go back to DEFCON 5!

Found it... :oops:

*whistles nervously*

#65290 by Mordecai
Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:53 am
omfg dude get with the times...

Ps. Terria is the best :D

#65364 by Marshall Bravestar
Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:48 pm
Bloody_Rust wrote:Yeah, weird things like that can happen! I find that on a first listen, I don't like some of Devin's songs. But then the more I listen to them, the more I end up loving them :)

Interesting point that, cos I couldn't stand Infinity for about three years! (even though I bought it when it came out)

I only ended up liking it ater buying Terria, then for some reason the whole picture seemed to form in my mind. Weird... Well, in order of goodness:

1) Terria
2) Physicist
3) Ocean Machine and Infinity (joint third)
4) Accelerated Evolution

Hmph that wasn't easy!! Really they're all good, but Terria? SHAZAM!!!! :houhou:

#65386 by thefillersweetcityjesus
Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:33 pm
asparagusDuck wrote:As for Accelerated Evolution, I've been listening to it like crazy the last few days and any doubts I had have been eradicated. I really like Traveller now. Except for one part of the song that kinda bugs me, I love the rest. This is how I'd rate the songs at this point
Depth Charge - 8.5/10
Storm - 9/10
Random Analysis - 8.5/10
Deadhead - 10/10
Suicide - 9/10
Traveller - 8/10
Away - 9/10
Sunday Afternoon - 9/10
Slow me Down 8/10

Okay heres mine

Depth Charge - 8-10
Storm - 10-10