Who's behind the door... who's behind the door?

#82130 by chrisslight
Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:37 pm
hmm..I currently torn between Teria, and Physist. Plus, I really wanna get Devlab..as I like Info Dump nowdays. Choices choices..

#82141 by Chris
Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:38 am
chrisslight wrote:Choices choices..

Stop thinking. Start buying.

#82150 by chrisslight
Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:28 am
Chris wrote:
chrisslight wrote:Choices choices..

Stop thinking. Start buying.

That man hasa point *grabs credit card and makes haste to the hevydevy store*

#82159 by Chris
Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:22 am
Oh yeah, and buying it directly from HDR definitely supports the right people.

#82242 by psychotic
Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:13 pm
My personal favorite is Terria, but I agree with whoever said that Physicist is the most SYL like Devin solo project, but since you have Accelerated Evolution already you don't really need to get that right away.

#83210 by chrisslight
Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:09 am
Well guys, I just orderd Terria from Hevydevy, thanks for all the advice :). I'm really looking forward to it getting here now :D

#83318 by asparagusDuck
Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:54 pm
good choice. then again, any choice would have been a good one. when terria arrives, be sure to give it plenty of time and attention. as other people have stated, discovering terria for the first time can be an unbelievable experience. enjoy!

#83322 by chrisslight
Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:19 pm
asparagusDuck wrote:good choice. then again, any choice would have been a good one. when terria arrives, be sure to give it plenty of time and attention. as other people have stated, discovering terria for the first time can be an unbelievable experience. enjoy!

Thank you! Really cant wait for this CD to show up now, a new dev experience is always an amazing one :).
#85767 by yessurf
Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:22 pm
Like others have said, definitely give Terria time. AE was my first Dev CD (and I instantly fell in love with it) and then I got Terria and it took longer to get into. Its a lot more mellow, IMO. Although it took longer to click, once it did... damn! I like both albums a lot, and they are both very different and awesome in their own ways... get Ocean Machine after that!!!
#85768 by chrisslight
Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:35 pm
yessurf wrote:Like others have said, definitely give Terria time. AE was my first Dev CD (and I instantly fell in love with it) and then I got Terria and it took longer to get into. Its a lot more mellow, IMO. Although it took longer to click, once it did... damn! I like both albums a lot, and they are both very different and awesome in their own ways... get Ocean Machine after that!!!

Strangely enough, I've just orderd OM and Devlab :)

#85811 by Condemnation
Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:29 am
OM will knock you out of your seat!!!! It's that amazing. Devlab is just wierd, don't have high expectations about that one. Although it's cool... it's not for everyday of the week listening.

#85821 by asparagusDuck
Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:11 am
yeah its probably best to NOT have any expectations for Devlab. I'm not saying its bad, in fact i love it, but its not like anything you could expect. you might end up disappointed if you're expecting one thing and then...HOT MELT GLUE GUN!!!
When i first got it, i listened to it as i was going to bed. That was a really weird night. IMO, its best when you are kinda sleepy and ready to drift off.
Headphones are probably a good idea too so other people wont hear it and keep asking WTF is that??

anyway, ill stop rambling. Enjoy your new stuff!

#85854 by chrisslight
Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:31 pm
asparagusDuck wrote:yeah its probably best to NOT have any expectations for Devlab. I'm not saying its bad, in fact i love it, but its not like anything you could expect. you might end up disappointed if you're expecting one thing and then...HOT MELT GLUE GUN!!!
When i first got it, i listened to it as i was going to bed. That was a really weird night. IMO, its best when you are kinda sleepy and ready to drift off.
Headphones are probably a good idea too so other people wont hear it and keep asking WTF is that??

anyway, ill stop rambling. Enjoy your new stuff!

Thanks for the advice. The only pre-concetions I ahve in my head is from Info Dump, which I really like. But I will make sure to give it a listen as I go to bed :).