Who's behind the door... who's behind the door?
#93086 by A_Stranger
Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:52 am
anyone else cringe a bit when they listen to it? its still genious. but its a bit pop or something. though if all pop music was as good as that song then the world would be a better place but still. Know what i mean?

#93088 by Blazingmonga
Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:55 am
It's Devy-pop, definately. I think this was exactly what Devin wanted to achieve.

I suppose it does make me feel a bit strange at first, but once you get into the song a bit more it doesnt really matter, it is such an uplifting track.

#93090 by funny_little_guy
Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:02 am
It's poppy, but I like it. The production sound adds to the poppy-ness, it could be heavyer with a different production sound I think. I like it how it is though, if a 'fun' type song, and im into fun.

#93092 by VampireDaveGrohl
Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:28 am
I don't cringe, i burst out into a huge grin! Same with Slow Me Down. I love Dev-Pop.

#93144 by psychotic
Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:53 pm
Nothing wrong with a poppy melody in a song as long as what accompanies it has the substance and all around goodness to accompany it right. I personally love the song.

#93199 by Mr_Chimp
Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:26 am
I quite like this song. I sometimes use it im my DJ set near the end of the night when everyone is drunk and dancing to the usual crap i must play (soad, disturbed, tenacious d).

I like to chill out to it when im at home, i like it.

#93211 by Chris
Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:43 am
Mr_Chimp wrote:...the usual crap i must play (soad, disturbed, tenacious d).

If I was a mod, I'd ban you for this pure form of blasphemy...

Remember:

Thou shall not call Tenacious D "crap"

They - and no one else - wrote the greatest song in the world.

Sorry, I just had to remind you of this :wink: And seriously - are there any other Devy/SYL - songs you play in your set?

#93739 by junkmonkey
Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:24 pm
i love Traveller,when Dev does the poppy songs he does'em right,the way pop SHOULD sound,but it's still got a bit of a metal feel to it,regardless of how poppy it sounds i love it to death :)

#93742 by pdz99
Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:41 pm
of u listen to traveller 2mcuh it starts to shit u

its da kind of song that u like first 3 or 4 times u hear it then u hate with all ure heart after that

#93768 by Mr_Chimp
Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:36 am
Chris wrote:
Mr_Chimp wrote:...the usual crap i must play (soad, disturbed, tenacious d).

If I was a mod, I'd ban you for this pure form of blasphemy...

Remember:

Thou shall not call Tenacious D "crap"

They - and no one else - wrote the greatest song in the world.

Sorry, I just had to remind you of this :wink: And seriously - are there any other Devy/SYL - songs you play in your set?

Tenacious D are excellent, i have to play Tribute at the end of the night..... after hearing it every thursday night for as long as its been out, and regardless of the theme for the night it makes you want to chew off your own ears!!

Other songs? I put stuff on as i go so there is not fixed set but Ive managed to play all the songs form City, SYL and Alien. Pretty much any Dev goes in there and Punky Bruster... and on a side note atleast 3 zimmers tracks 'cos they are so short. I will try to play at least one song of every band in my set.

We did a night where me and one of the other sound guys did a Dev-a-thon. Everyother song was a Dev tune it kicked ass, loads of people loved it.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

#93888 by chrisslight
Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:27 am
I love the song myself..and, All Hail The D!

#94001 by CardDinour
Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:55 am
not a bad song, but not one of the best ;) maybe my least favourite on AE :)

#94005 by fragility
Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:23 am
I knida know what you mean...but its not enough to stop me enjoying it....though it is probalby my least fav AE song