Who's behind the door... who's behind the door?

#162978 by Biert
Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:27 am
sj_2150 wrote:
Biert wrote:Sab, just your crotch is enough flaming for these boards ;)

well its your fault you STD sharing Dutchman! :x

My STD's are your STD's, you know that Sab ;)

#163040 by sj_2150
Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:47 pm
Biert wrote:
sj_2150 wrote:
Biert wrote:Sab, just your crotch is enough flaming for these boards ;)

well its your fault you STD sharing Dutchman! :x

My STD's are your STD's, you know that Sab ;)
says the guy that shares it around like cake :roll:

#164819 by psychotic
Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:03 am
I have done it to Storm before, but I don't know if that was what got me there.
#167200 by Matt Nevens
Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:42 am
STD'SSS???????

I havent played any Dev to my girlfreind yet (she lives miles away) but ive been trying to get her into prog rock

although i imagine thats not the best way to get laid!
#171856 by twoheadedboy
Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:01 pm
I first heard Storm about a month after an unfortunate breakup with a girl that I really loved. Those vocals near the end actually did bring me to tears, right in the middle of the office. They continue to do so!
#183440 by the-fluke
Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:53 pm
Storm makes me cry. Seriously. Pretty much every time I listen to it I cry. I have very sensitive emotions, and whenever I listen to the song it makes me feel emotional from the start. Not in an unhappy way though, more of a grateful kind of way. Like, it makes me think of my own partner and how lucky I am to be with her and everything. I also think a part of it is the epicness of the song, plus the emotion that seems to be sung and played throughout the whole track. The way the song builds up from the start. From the beginning it works up from an amazing intro to an absolutely epic ending. It truly is one of my most favorite songs in the world. I find myself playing it time after time on repeat even though it makes me cry, simply because it makes me feel.

I apologise if this is a little too much for the rest of you on the board, I can be very open about my emotions even to people I don't know. Either way, I've said my two cents.
#185694 by DavidIves
Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:01 am
ha ha i think everyone remembers their first time hearing storm. Blows your arse out.
Its definately a good first example to show people Devs music. Well its worked for me (wow im like some christian going from door to door)

"have you heard the good word of Devin mo'fuckin Townsend?"
"Have you let Metal into your Heart?"

:dead: :chain: Take that mo'farger
#185712 by ScottMcTony
Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:26 am
I, unfortunately, heard it for the first time while playing Far Cry. If it makes it any better I paused when he started singing.
#185747 by FFLinchpin
Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:52 pm
i got my sister into Devin using Storm and Sit in The Mountain. i also managed to get a friend at work into him this way. Hes got like a million cds and he never heard of him before this. Strange...
#200037 by Jantz
Sat May 30, 2009 1:02 am
This is my first song that I heard from DTB! I'm still loving it.
#201059 by disciple
Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:07 pm
Amazing Tune for sure, I have never heard any other music more inspiring than that of DTB, and it gets better the more you listen to it....This album has changed the way I listen to music...Thanks Devin!!
#212120 by croomekid
Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:35 pm
I stopped what I was doing when Devin geared into angelic-mode.
I've never heard any vocalist convert genuine emotion into music like that.