Who's behind the door... who's behind the door?

What is your favourite song from Accelerated Evolution?

6%
9%
9%
2%
2%
15%
15%
6%
6%
2%
2%
4%
4%
3%
3%
5%
5%

#4548 by Falk
Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:30 am
Black wizard wrote:"Storm" cause, and I don't know why, every I listen to it, its remind my girlfriend.

:lol: Lucky you !

Can't really decide which is my fav'... :roll:
Depth charge, Deadhead and Away are really close to each other.
I choose Deadhead, kinda epic, like an apocalypse in slow motion.

#4578 by I'm behind the door!
Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:57 am
Hey blue fish, i think it's rather arrogant to tell the maker of the song, what the song is about.

And again, i won't vote for a specific song, but the ones that rock my bucket are surely: Depth Charge, Random Analysis, Away, Traveller and Slow me down.

Especially the sound of a certain happiness in Traveller and Slow me down.

#4620 by buchkoba00
Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:27 pm
I voted, read this entire thread, now I forgot what I voted for, as I love every track on this album

d'oh

#4845 by rudi
Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:39 pm
Reading all this posts, I conclude that Storm indeed is a special song on the album. It has the most intense emotion in it. And also we get to hear Devin' great voice much clearer because of less echo; which I like. 8)

But this album should be consumed as a whole. Therefore Traveller may seem to be less 'popular' (to use that ugly word) but they are needed for the balance and the flow of the album. Of course Mr. T. knows this...
Please don't let the polls influence the next records in whatever way, let the DTB create what they like themselves and share it with us, afterwards! :-)

(And yes there are Jeff Buckley fans among the Devin fans, Jeff is pure emotional singing)

#4906 by Falk
Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:22 pm
Yup', I agree with what you say Rudi.
Such poll may make us think that some songs are great and some are weak, which isn't the case.

For example, even if I didn't vote for it, I'm quite surprised that Random analysis didn't got more vote. That sort of Metallica riff at the beginning is surprising, but good, and the slow part in the middle is awesome, like a premise to Deadhead.

I also like traveller a lot. It's unusual to hear Devin singing high-pitched like in this song. Or maybe not much the fact that he sings high-pitched, but the way he sings in this song is unusual and it sounds good.

I'd say Slow Me Down is the more "FM-formated" song, but I like it too. It ends the album on a happy light and rythmed note.

As someone say, maybe this album lacks a track. Only 9 is too short !

#4909 by NothingButPuke
Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:39 pm
i chose "away" because it just takes you to another place and is an incredible peice of work

i love every song on the album of course, but "storm" is really a great song, particularly because Dev mentions Tracy in it and i love any song that Dev mentions his women friends in (Christeen, Mora) Im not really sure who they are but i think its really sexy and adorable when he does mention their actual names in a song. Mabye i'm just a weirdo...

**sigh**

:oops: :? :shock:

hehehehehehe

#7752 by BlueRaja
Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:57 pm
Storm. It's another one of Devin's songs that gives me goosebumps...that full sound and, as someone else put it, perfect chord progressions, which he's simply the master of. But what really does it for me is his voice at the end. One of my favorite Dev songs/vocal performances is Still My Bleeding Heart because he just, you know, goes for it.

Sunday Afternoon is my second fave on AE. I was actually suprised to see how many other people like that one. :o Usually I find (on other boards) that people like Storm or Deadhead.

#7770 by StrappingYoungLad
Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:11 pm
Hows this for an idea...fade all of the songs into eachother and make it one continuous track...that would help alleviate my problem of having to chose just one! If i put the CD on...i dont take it out until the end of Slow Me Down!

Chris :D

#7863 by Sinkharmony
Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:25 am
BlueRaja wrote: One of my favorite Dev songs/vocal performances is Still My Bleeding Heart because he just, you know, goes for it.

I know exactly what you mean. Those screams at the end are gut wrenching. It's definately my fav track from S&R, the rest of the album I barely listen to. The songs just don't do it for me, I've never been a big Vai fan.

#8018 by Coma Divine
Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:12 am
Definitely "Away" for me. When I first heard it, it took me back a year previous when I was in Scotland and a relationship I had with a girl just fell apart. I was 12,000 miles from home...I had a week before I could fly back and I don't think I could have felt more alone were I sitting on the Moon. So, that "Floyd-esque" guitar and Dev's feelings of displacement really hit me. IMO one of the more magnificent things he's done.

#15782 by StrappingYoungLad
Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:06 pm
I'm surprised Random Analysis and Slow Me Down aren't rated higher :? I wish i could have voted equally for each of the songs..but i kn ow that defeates the purpose of the poll :)

CHRIS

#16321 by Oz
Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:11 am
The Dev wrote:It's Away for me...almost every time.

same for me... its almost like a magical sound... the guitar is awesome and i am thinking about it most of the time.. probably my fave song there is... i can only imagine how fun it must be to play...

#16326 by HevofMcDev
Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:29 am
My favourite it deadhead, you can so rock out to that song. However Storm also gets a big rock on, it makes me emotional sometimes, don't know why. In fact the whole album rocks, I love it with a passion - it all feels so releveant and a great summer record when the season comes.

#16330 by PyroVesten
Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:36 am
Deadhead wins out for me..there's something truly amazing about the riff that puts it ahead of every other track on the brilliant album.

#16375 by King Fear
Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:58 am
"Away", cause the annoying singer is keeping his mouth shut on that one most of the time... ;)
Just kidding. But it's definitely the song that does most for me.