Who's behind the door... who's behind the door?

What is your favourite song from Accelerated Evolution?

6%
9%
9%
2%
2%
15%
15%
6%
6%
2%
2%
4%
4%
3%
3%
5%
5%

#2080 by Captain Awesome
Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:23 pm
I had to go with Deadhead. I simply never tire of listening to it. So beautiful with so much emotion. The vocals are outstanding. That song takes me places no other song can. Superb.

#2136 by Guest
Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:39 am
For now Deadhead seems to be the favourite Devy fan base song

Geoff

#2721 by Opeth
Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:15 pm
It's definately away for me, brings tears to my eyes.

#2734 by Justinic
Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:30 pm
Storm for me. That song always gets to me when I'm listening to it, pure emotion.

#2851 by Mental Torment
Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:10 am
I can't believe so many people voted for "Sunday Afternoon"!!! I thought that was my least favourite and only weak song on the album. If that song didn't exist, the album would be flawless in my opinion. It's suprising to me.

#2853 by af_ödla
Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:15 am
"Storm" was the song that really floored me the first time I heard the album. It's still one of the best songs I've ever heard. But my vote goes to "Suicide". Herrejävlar! What a magnificient piece of metal! Great, moody intro, serious heavy riffing throughout, some killer melody lines and to top it off: a massive, shredding solo that will make you wet your pants! And the vocals! Strong and emotional with some heavy screaming. Me like!

#2931 by banging lad
Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:30 pm
it's funny to see that the 2 most easy listening ( if i may use that term)songs on AE, are the ones that received the fewest votes.
Songs like Traveller and Slow me down, should appeal so many people that as an effect of Dev's popularity that comes with it, his songs would be played on MTV, 24/7.
However, that's not what his music is about, not by far, not ever.
The song on AE that moves me the most is Storm, from beginning to the end it makes me feel so emotional energetic.

#2953 by regulator
Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:19 pm
well, for me it's Away. First time i heard it, it was live , in Paris, last year, and i've been totally blown "away" if you know what i mean. :)

#2999 by Vesper
Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:44 pm
Suicide - just 'coz it's like... ingenious? We're used to calling it 'New Wave Of Kick-You-Right-In-Your-Nuts-And-Run-Like-Wild-Metal' ;)

Have heard it a zillion times (made the record die after some time ;)) and shall continue to listen to it for the rest of my life :)

#3009 by Devite
Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:16 pm
I voted for Deadhead...just something about the guitar work in it always gets me very emotional. Same holds true for Sunday Afternoon. But like I said in another topic, this entire album makes me feel sad...don't know why. Just full of emotion I guess.

#3252 by Gimpston
Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:45 pm
got to be traveller

#3724 by Strato
Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:12 pm
Deadhead, followed by Storm & Slow Me Down, followed by Random Analysis & Depth Charge, followed by Suicide & Traveller, followed by Sunday Afternoon and then Away.

That being said, I love ALL of them. Deadhead is simply the most epic and belongs in its own category.

I would love to see Slow Me Down live but I heard Dev doesn't like that one, or thinks it's gay or something. :wink:

I haven't gotten to see him live because I couldn't make the show at Jaxx, and then they stopped their tour before the Baltimore show. :cry:

#3730 by RushAss
Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:35 pm
I voted Sunday Afternoon, but Depth Charge is a close 2nd. It's hard to decide because AE is my 2nd favorite Devy album and I can listen to the entire thing all the way through without hitting upon a song I don't like.

I think Sunday Afternoon stands out because of the spaciousness that is created by the keuboards during the chorus. The sound is huge and muscular without being overbearing. The lyrics also strike me as being deeply personal and it reminds me of those quiet Sunday's that my wife and I spend together from time to time.

Awwwww.......

#3890 by Prowler In The Yard
Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:57 pm
I definately have to say that STorm would have to be my favorite!....it's just an amazing song thru and thru

#3987 by Black wizard
Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:58 am
"Storm" cause, and I don't know why, every I listen to it, its remind my girlfriend.