The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE
#260787 by Sanne
Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:34 am
Hello all,
I remember when I first listened to the Terria album.
My love had left me, and even though my heart felt broken I couldn't let it out. It had been going on for days of not eating and sleeping, and I was feeling like all my energy had left my body.
I even went to the doctor, who told me all I needed was sleep, so I did everything thinkable to get some sleep, but nothing worked.
Then I found Terria. At the first note of Deep Peace I was crying. A few moments later I was sleeping like a little girl.
When I woke up, the CD had stopped playing, and I felt reborn.

I never had this kind of experience ever since, it was almost like I was "recharged'.
Deep Peace is still such a special song to me because of this, and I was magically surprised when I heard it live at the shows in Holland.

Great find, this forum! I love reading your opinions.

Love,
Sanne
#260796 by Wander
Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:10 pm
Deep Peace is my best memory from the last year's Tuska shows. It was the perfect finish for the intense Ziltoid set. And yes, definitely a song for the worse moments of life as well as "Nobody's Here" which also relaxes me a great deal whenever feeling shitty.
#263216 by azure
Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:58 am
This song did the same for me when a friend passed away a few years back. The whole Terria album is very, um, I guess the word would be nurturing? It starts intense and somewhat angry/frustrated, settles down, goes introspective, and then resolves things.

I turned to it again last year when I lost another friend to the same illness.

I thought the song was appropriate when I shared this with some friends (got to fly over the Grand Canyon):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os2SrMwXdjE
#263334 by Helge-Uwe
Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:19 pm
Deep Peace is probably my #1 Devin song. it's immensly beautiful, just like the whole Terria album is. A very good choice to feel reborn by :)
#309642 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:23 am
Just bumping this because not only do I agree with this statement, but I listened to it recently and felt cleansed. Especially after the mammoth catharsis of Earth Day.
#309643 by Tyroshai
Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:55 am
Is it necrothread day today? :P