3%
3%
4%
4%
0%
0%
#171643 by twoheadedboy
Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:56 am
Tiny Tears. My girlfriend moved to BC to start grad school, and I'm still here in Ontario. We talk on skype and I watch her cry every day. I miss her so much and this song provides a fitting soundtrack.
#175879 by ZiniN
Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:39 pm
It should be a tie between Deep Peace and Earth day, but Earth day wins out because it is more relaxing.
#176928 by Devy, spelled Devy!
Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:27 pm
To put in my two cents-

it was a very hard decision, but I went with Earth Day. Canada is probably a close second favorite :D
Earth Day is extremely textured, and there are so many parts to it (not that that isn't the case in the other songs); I guess it just jives with me best on Earth Day.

First time I heard that song, I got chicken skin/goosebumps, whatever they're called - and that's always a good sign!
#179448 by stratman687
Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:26 pm
this was a hard choice. this is my favorite album and i feel i like EACH track equally. i broke down and put down Stagnant though.
#191086 by swervedriver
Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:42 am
Devy, spelled Devy! wrote:To put in my two cents-

it was a very hard decision, but I went with Earth Day. Canada is probably a close second favorite :D
Earth Day is extremely textured, and there are so many parts to it (not that that isn't the case in the other songs); I guess it just jives with me best on Earth Day.

First time I heard that song, I got chicken skin/goosebumps, whatever they're called - and that's always a good sign!

Precisely why I chose Earth Day too. But for Terria I find it nigh impossible to pick a favorite. I could go with any track really.
#191112 by Devy, spelled Devy!
Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:43 pm
swervedriver wrote:
Devy, spelled Devy! wrote:To put in my two cents-

Precisely why I chose Earth Day too. But for Terria I find it nigh impossible to pick a favorite. I could go with any track really.

Yeah everything about it just works out so well. Even that "eat your beets" line; the way it's sung makes the line seem really profound! :lol: Down and Under is another sleeper that I really like. Reminds me of a warm summer night :)
#191130 by swervedriver
Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:39 am
Devy, spelled Devy! wrote:Down and Under is another sleeper that I really like. Reminds me of a warm summer night :)

Do you usually get thunder somewhere in the middle? ;) But yes, D&U is also great. The first couple of times when I listened to the full album in one go it seemed like it's "just a bridge" to get from Canada to The Fluke, but when I heard it as it came around on shuffle (just on its own) I noticed how cool that song really is.
#191358 by Devy, spelled Devy!
Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:31 pm
Haha you're a clever one, aren't you? :wink:

Yeah I think Terria is one of those albums that really flows together well when listened to in a continuous stream. Hence, D&U having it's little home nestled between Canada and The Fluke :)
#191364 by swervedriver
Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:09 am
Devy, spelled Devy! wrote:Haha you're a clever one, aren't you? :wink:

Clever... pedantic... the jury's still out on that one.

Anyway, I just noticed that the weird part in the middle of Canada has the same kid talking as the one who tells the bear story on S.Y.L., just with the pitch completely altered. I think I heard the distorted lines in Canada also somewhere on the City demos, but I can't remember on which track exactly. Funky.

edit- how appropriate that a post in this thread/sub-forum has made me 'stagnant'. :P
#191382 by soundsofentropy
Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:27 am
swervedriver wrote:
Devy, spelled Devy! wrote:Haha you're a clever one, aren't you? :wink:

Clever... pedantic... the jury's still out on that one.

Anyway, I just noticed that the weird part in the middle of Canada has the same kid talking as the one who tells the bear story on S.Y.L., just with the pitch completely altered. I think I heard the distorted lines in Canada also somewhere on the City demos, but I can't remember on which track exactly. Funky.

edit- how appropriate that a post in this thread/sub-forum has made me 'stagnant'. :P

The kid who tells the bear story is Dev.
#191385 by swervedriver
Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:53 am
D'oh! Should've known that.