The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE

#79585 by Blazingmonga
Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:20 am
I have have always heard the line "I think we might just as well start now" at 2:40ish.

Though you can hear the word "Relationship" being spoken throughout the whole conversation...though it is hard to make out the context. Its all a bit wobbly.

#80181 by SolidusSnake082
Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:10 pm
I can't hear any of the conversation at all. It almost sounds like there's a TV on in the background... could this perhaps be the "conversation" in question?

#83619 by ktulu117
Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:11 pm
isn't the "relationship" line actually something like "a relationship with nature"? which seems to fit in with the organic theme of the album.

another vote for "I think we might just as well start now."

#83637 by funny_little_guy
Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:19 am
I always thought it was "I think we might just as well start up." but now works to. Never heard the relationship line before, I'll listen for it next time.

#84051 by gurp13
Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:47 pm
I also vote that it says, "I think we might just as well start now." There's also a part after that where the person says, "Say goodbye to our friend..." and then the speech gets really garbled, as Dev didn't want us to hear the person's name. It seems to continue, "Our brother in brave [something]" and glasses <clink!>. The conversation fades and is really hard to understand. I can catch a word or two but then the cymbals kick in and I get nothing until I hear the new guy saying "See our relationship change the way..." But, that's all I can really get.

#87101 by UncleTonyP
Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:57 pm
i always thought it was "I think we might just as well stir now"

you know

Martini?
....stir your drink?
I think we might just as well stir now...

OLIVE?
<big fat awesome chorused guitar>

#88741 by Axioma
Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:23 am
hey, Ive noticed a pattern, we're getting heaps of "I think we might just as well start now." and heaps of "stir" as well as heaps of "stand"....
So let me combine them and suggest "I think we might just as well start up" The beast awakening..

#88744 by Axioma
Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:29 am
whoops just looked up and saw someone said it earlier, but no one noticed, well I think you're right sir! "..see the relationship with nature..change the way we see ...." more words where the dots are too, it moves left and right...

its devy inviting you in, I feel: welcome, lets start up, here we are, olive? OLIVE!

#93969 by theoryman
Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:04 pm
OK, so I was bored. :lol: I pitch shifted and EQed it and was able to decipher some phrases.

"I think we might just as well start now."

After the first "olive?" the first thing I can make out is "to say goodbye to our friend, our co-worker, our brother, Greg(Craig?) Power(Bauer?)."

Then the next chord, then "personally, I myself never had the pleasure of meeting him, but I'm sure that you'll agree with me that those who did know him ... miss him now. The rest of us sure..." then the music builds and drowns ot out.

After that there's too much going on to make much out, but I do hear "I need an idea" then something like "racism?". There is a repeated phrase behind the whole thing that says something like "change the way human beings see their relationship with nature"and then "another drink?" and then "olive?".

Yeah, I'm a dork.:P

#94031 by Blazingmonga
Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:05 pm
theoryman wrote:OK, so I was bored. :lol: I pitch shifted and EQed it and was able to decipher some phrases.

"I think we might just as well start now."

After the first "olive?" the first thing I can make out is "to say goodbye to our friend, our co-worker, our brother, Greg(Craig?) Power(Bauer?)."

Then the next chord, then "personally, I myself never had the pleasure of meeting him, but I'm sure that you'll agree with me that those who did know him ... miss him now. The rest of us sure..." then the music builds and drowns ot out.

After that there's too much going on to make much out, but I do hear "I need an idea" then something like "racism?". There is a repeated phrase behind the whole thing that says something like "change the way human beings see their relationship with nature"and then "another drink?" and then "olive?".

Yeah, I'm a dork.:P

Excellent work! Thats really cool that you could decipher all that, well done!

And nothing wrong with a bit of Dork-ness...ha.

#94140 by gurp13
Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:25 am
I agree, nicely done! I appreciate your hard work.

#102747 by Atlantisian
Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:38 am
Im pretty sure he says "sit down" somewhere

#102914 by Terraformer
Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:09 pm
Just to be sure...are we all talking about the SAME part of the song?

I mean, it's quite obvious what he says at the beginning.

"Come in...right this way. Sit down. Martini? Stir your drink?
I think we might just as well start now...OLIVE?"

I was referring to the WHISPERED lyrics in the background,
that kick in once the songs starts "rolling". It's always the
same line, repeating...one time on the left side, one time on
the right...

#102932 by Deathcom7000
Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:57 pm
When I hear myself, I picture myself entering this giant garden with a golden glow coming from the sun onto it, and the guy in the slow-mo voice is a giant butler. You can hear birds and such in the background, so thats why I picture a garden (with a porch). When the butler is muffled a little as he says "I think we might just as well stir it up." I picture him turning his back to stir the martini.