The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE
#76649 by animal
Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:17 am
I've been listening to Terria alot lately and i'm wondering, how come theres like a page of lyrics for Mountain which are not sung?
I know alot of this album was written Stream of conscious, its just a shame as these a re good lyrics.
Sorry if this has been asked before

#76650 by King Fear
Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:31 am
Huh? What lyrics exactly?

#76676 by HevyMinik
Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:17 am
Lyrics for "Mountain" says:

"Nerves on fire, nothing is a sneaker...everything is catastrophe
That bump in your armpit is Cancer
That bump was turbulence
I guess it starts again

There is no reason for nostalgia,
Everything is still happening,
There is no reason for memory

The step, a choice.
I wish everything could have worked out the way you wanted it to
It's so tragic...so beautiful...
When everything is so hollow
Think of going home.

You are so beautiful to me
You are so beautiful to me
So far, i've logged so many hours
With medications and the dog
...You are so beautiful to me

So far, I've lost so many hours,
Two medications and a dog

IT'S JUST ANOTHER MOUNTAIN!
...JUST ANOTHER MOUNTAIN!

Just another weakness"

As you can see, the first 3 parts are not audible in the song...
Yeah, let's ask Devin why! :)

M.

#76679 by King Fear
Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:35 am
Uh, right. I just couldn't remember those lines right away since I almost never take out the booklet from my Terria digipak. I just take out the CD with utmost care when I want to listen to it and put the digi straight back into its protecting envelope. ;)

#76735 by animal
Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:14 am
Yeah those are the words, so any ideas???
And sorry if this is in the wrong forum, i posted here as No one seems to post in the album specific threads and i though it'd be lost :oops:

#77610 by salvyria
Mon May 09, 2005 8:04 am
Dunno but there's a load of samples of tape reels going on in the background that I've never noticed before!! :o

#77668 by Archetype
Tue May 10, 2005 12:59 pm
Same reason that the Canada lyrics aren't completely in the booklet probably... :)

#78354 by animal
Thu May 26, 2005 2:31 am
I'm kinda thinking that Devy wrote the lyrics, sent them off, and when it came to recording thought the song was stronger without it, I have no problem with the song just curious.

#81660 by the toilet
Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:32 am
I've no idea, i lost my copy a while ago! :oops:

#83194 by Socialenemy69
Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:33 am
Its probably like Velvet Kevorkian, on the website there are lots of lyrics for the song which are not sung in the song. It has something to do with what devin is trying to say throughout the song but didnt include them, kind of like a bonus to the song.
NOTE:
These are not the lyrics Devin actually sings -- they're what he wanted the song to say, but couldn't quite fit in. Think of them as a commentary.

#83262 by GDiddy
Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:17 pm
Most people write more lyrics for a song than they actually use. I guess he feels they are important enough to put in print, even if they don't appear in the song.

#88740 by Axioma
Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:19 am
It did totally change the experience having the booklet in front of me, I feel the words are just the feeling described, but in a personal level, to welcome you in with the personal nature of the sound.

#104164 by Burbster
Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:58 am
I think that like Oh My Fucking God, those are lyrics that Devin would've liked, but didn't get put in because they didn't fit the song properly.