The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE
#83616 by chrisslight
Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:31 pm
Well, upon the advice from some people around here, I got Terria as my second Dev purchase after AE. And what can I say, I'm on my 4th full listen, and I'm just blown away by this CD. Its amazing, everytime, Dev never lets me down. Thanks alot for the advice guys, this CD will be listend to one hell of alot.

#83623 by psychotic
Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:42 pm
That's what I thought when I first heard it. At the time I had Physicist, AE, and Infinity. All those three are very different to Terria, and while that did throw me a bit of a curve, I was only pleasantly surprised. After my first listen I had to give it another listen again right away to make sure I had really heard what I thought I had just heard.

#83626 by Atari
Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:24 am
I'm expecting mine within the next few days.........

#83635 by chrisslight
Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:59 am
psychotic wrote:That's what I thought when I first heard it. At the time I had Physicist, AE, and Infinity. All those three are very different to Terria, and while that did throw me a bit of a curve, I was only pleasantly surprised. After my first listen I had to give it another listen again right away to make sure I had really heard what I thought I had just heard.

The same for me. I knew, haveing had exeprience with SYL/ a Devin Townsend album before, that the first listen would be special, but I'd need more to get my head around it :).

#83641 by fragility
Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:16 am
Listening to Terria for the first few times has to be the greatest musical experience ever!!

#83646 by Blazingmonga
Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:07 am
I'm sure we all remember the first time we heard these albums...music which is special to you seems to be stored in a different part of your brain. Terria blew me away the first time I heard it. By the 3rd or so listen I was floating on a cloud of big green smoke. Metaphorically. Mostly.

#83751 by psychotic
Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:16 pm
Another thing, I bought Terria at the same time as I got Ocean Machine, and that may be a major reason why OM is my least FAVORITE of Devin's solo stuff.

#83757 by Lumiere
Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:59 pm
fragility wrote:Listening to Terria for the first few times has to be the greatest musical experience ever!!

Listening to Terria is, for me, the greatest musical experience ever.

Speaking of which, I'm going to listen to it now.

#83761 by BlueRaja
Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:23 pm
Yup. Not sure I'll ever be able to pinpoint my all-time favorite album, but Terria is right up there wrestling it out for first with a few others.

#83764 by Eyesore
Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:29 pm
It's really cool seeing new fans come here. =)

I first ran across Dev's solo work on MP3.com (now gone). I had SYL's HAARHT and Vai's Sex & Religion and I originally had no idea Devin was the same guy! Then I found out he was in SYL and shit my pants! Then about a year later I found out he was the one on Vai's S&R and shit my pants again!! =) I'd had S&R for like 10 years, I had HAARHT since 1995 when I bought the tape in San Antonio while on town pass when I was in basic training!

I was absolutely shocked when I found out Devin was THAT GOOD!! I then proceeded to buy up every Dev relic I could find! And now, well, now I'm clearly a fanboy! =)

#83890 by Blazingmonga
Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:42 am
Eyesore wrote:I then proceeded to buy up every Dev relic I could find! And now, well, now I'm clearly a fanboy! =)

Welcome to the club!

#83981 by Hellhammer
Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:20 pm
I am very glad to hear you enjoy it so much chrisslight, you are one of those people that understand the greatness, and we can never have enough of those people. :D

#83998 by chrisslight
Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:34 am
As usual with a dev CD, the more I have listend to it, the much better it has got. Still cant really pick a fave, when I put it on, I just end up listening to the whole CD. Gave it to my dad, as I thought there was a slim chance he might like it, he didnt like Moutains/Earth Day, accused it of being thrash metal, "well you wont like SYL then" being my comment. But one he got past thoes two tracks he said it was good. Not something he would usualy listen to, but still good. Now to start presuring my dev converts into buying it as well, :twisted: hehe.

#84048 by gurp13
Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:23 pm
I remember when I first heard the beginning of "Mountain" that I almost fell over. Duhn Duhn dundun Duhn Duhn dundun! Duuude! I don't know why but it fucking knocked me out. Anyway, I dig "Terria." Some very good songs on there.