The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE

#96001 by chrisslight
Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:31 am
Greg Reason wrote:
DeafbyStereo wrote:Does anyone else find that they don't really listen to Terria over the cold months? It just doesn't feel right somehow. I just associate it with summer too strongly.

Quite the opposite, actually...

Same, I'm much more of a winter person myself, and I find a lot of beauty in it, so the vibes really work for me in the colder months.

#99248 by FlatHead
Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:26 pm
A long train ride through a foggy winter landscape with Terria cranked up (being stoned helps too but is not required) is a thing of transcendental beauty. Just sit there, stare out the window and smile like an idiot without caring about the other passengers' odd looks. Ahh.

#99351 by Goat
Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:41 am
chrisslight wrote:
Greg Reason wrote:
DeafbyStereo wrote:Does anyone else find that they don't really listen to Terria over the cold months? It just doesn't feel right somehow. I just associate it with summer too strongly.

Quite the opposite, actually...

Same, I'm much more of a winter person myself, and I find a lot of beauty in it, so the vibes really work for me in the colder months.

Exactly. The guitar sound is like winter crisp cold sunny sunday morning. The beginning and actually the whole of Canada is a perfect example. Whenever I hear it, I think Yukon. Winter joy.

Then again ... isn't the difference in Canada really between cold months and fucking cold months? If that's the case, I'd say Terria is again the music for cold months, not f' cold. :roll:

#99384 by Tracy
Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:55 am
Goat wrote:Then again ... isn't the difference in Canada really between cold months and fucking cold months? If that's the case, I'd say Terria is again the music for cold months, not f' cold. :roll:

Dude! We don't live in igloos! :P

Summers are very warm. Maybe not in the north but almost no one lives up there. Granted, most of the country gets damn cold in the winter but not really Vancouver, it just rains for 8 months.

Average temperature for Vancouver http://www.worldclimate.com/cgi-bin/data.pl?ref=N49W123+1200+0012389G2

Average temperature for Toronto http://www.worldclimate.com/cgi-bin/data.pl?ref=N43W079+1200+0016522G2

#99849 by chrisslight
Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:51 pm
Tracy wrote:
Goat wrote:Then again ... isn't the difference in Canada really between cold months and fucking cold months? If that's the case, I'd say Terria is again the music for cold months, not f' cold. :roll:

Summers are very warm. Maybe not in the north but almost no one lives up there. Granted, most of the country gets damn cold in the winter but not really Vancouver, it just rains for 8 months.

Average temperature for Vancouver http://www.worldclimate.com/cgi-bin/data.pl?ref=N49W123+1200+0012389G2

Average temperature for Toronto http://www.worldclimate.com/cgi-bin/data.pl?ref=N43W079+1200+0016522G2

Curses, I was hopeing it could be a future home for a cold loving, English speaking guy.

#100107 by Goat
Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:48 am
Tracy wrote:

Hahaha, stereotype, sorry. Btw, what's your call on the Terria sound, Tracy?

#101010 by Deathcom7000
Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:38 pm
I've been to Canada in the summer, and it wasn't cold at all. Quite the contrary.

#101012 by Tracy
Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:32 pm
Goat wrote:Hahaha, stereotype, sorry. Btw, what's your call on the Terria sound, Tracy?

I was actually teasing Devin about this the other day. I said that "Canada" should have been called "Alberta" because it's biased against the other provinces (he was on tour in Alberta when he wrote it). It's oil, wheat, soil, meat... If it were our own province it would have to be "It's fish, wood, minerals, tourism" but that doesn't flow as well, does it?

The album sounds like nature to me. Peaceful, exciting, with a tiny bit of danger.

#101041 by sj_2150
Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:55 pm
ive only got AE at the moment, and i cant seem to find anywhere that sells more DT stiff :evil: ive asked several times and its really shitting me! though i saw phycist BUT IT WAS $30!!!

#101130 by Sypholin
Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:39 am
Tracy wrote:I was actually teasing Devin about this the other day. I said that "Canada" should have been called "Alberta" because it's biased against the other provinces (he was on tour in Alberta when he wrote it). It's oil, wheat, soil, meat... If it were our own province it would have to be "It's fish, wood, minerals, tourism" but that doesn't flow as well, does it?

It's fiiiiiish... (fish fish fish fish fish)
It's wooooood... (wood wood wood wood)
Miiiiineraaaaaalsss (minerals minerals minerals)
Tooooouuuur-ISM! (tour-ism tour-ism tour-ism)

Nah, it doesn't flow.
:lol:

#101223 by Atari
Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:30 pm
Had Terria on while on the train down to London the other day......perfect.

#101327 by Deathcom7000
Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:51 pm
Well now I jsut got Terria. 2 days ago. I listend to the entire thing in my bathroom with the lights off. When it was over, I walked out feeling really weird, like I finally understood metal. It was amazing. Most of Devin's albums take a lot longer to click with me, but this one was almost instant. Usually when I hear an album by Dev I only like 2-3 songs at first and the rest grow on me later on. With this one, I instantly liked 6!!! And I'm sure the rest of the album will grow on me the more I listen to it. What sucks is that no one I know listens to Devin, so I have no one but all of you to yell at. But oh god, Terria is amazing!!!

#101396 by gurp13
Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:15 am
sj_2150 wrote:ive only got AE at the moment, and i cant seem to find anywhere that sells more DT stiff :evil: ive asked several times and its really shitting me! though i saw phycist BUT IT WAS $30!!!

Find someone with a credit card and go to Amazon.com. It's not hard.

#101434 by Atari
Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:49 am
find someone with PayPal and go to hevydevy.com. Even easier.

#101635 by earworm
Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:44 pm
yeah listening to terria for the first time was a defining moment in my life musically and other. It's still my favorite devin release haven't heard synchestra yet though.