The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE

#88735 by Axioma
Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:08 am
when you get time and the will do the album as a whole, every song makes sense that way, and you get to experience the journey :D
Last edited by Axioma on Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

#88803 by junkmonkey
Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:49 pm
when i first got Terria,i liked the songs but i didn't "get"it....now when i listen to it (like as i'm writing this actually),this whole cd takes me away to some far off distant place...i dunno,the songs are just so goddamned beautiful i can't help but LOVE this album,THANK YOU Dev for puttin out such an amazing album!one of my favorite albums of ALL time!

#88844 by chrisslight
Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:41 am
Its deffinatly up there as one of mine as well :) Still loveing this album, and have all of Devs solo work now to :).

#93289 by DeadHead
Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:06 pm
Thread looks kinda old, but i thought i'd express my love for this album. Actually, personallly, it's a must have and it's quickly becoming my second fav Dev cd.

#93294 by Ocean Soul
Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:12 pm
The first time I listened to Terria, almost the first thing that struck me was the amazing drumming. Gene did a fantasic job there!

I listened to the whole album today for the first time in a while and it still amazes me! :D

#93308 by CardDinour
Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:55 pm
listened to it for the first time in who knows how long, and i realised why it is such a fantastic album. Tiny Tears is growing on me more, its the only song which hasnt connected in over a year :(

#93321 by arkadin
Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:38 pm
I was already a big fan of Devin's when Terria came out. I just worshipped every note of Ocean Machine and didn't expect to ever listen to something that would move me even half as O M had ( I loved Infinity too , of course, but I just prefered O.M), but when I put Terria in my cd player a whole new dimension opened right before my eyes and in my mind as well. I particularly love Deep Peace, and I get the feeling that I'm soaring to the heavens every time that fantastic solo kicks off. I can never get enough of that song!
From then on , I proceded to convert everyone I knew to Dev's music, and I'm glad to see that although most people don't share my tastes, they dig Devin , I even got some of them to buy some of his albums!!

#94422 by DeafbyStereo
Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:28 am
Does anyone else find that they don't really listen to Terria over the cold months? It just doesn't feel right somehow. I just associate it with summer too strongly.

#94432 by VampireDaveGrohl
Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:36 am
Whilst i love tiny tears, i think the solo doesn't fit.

Same sort of thing in, er, another earlier terria song: there is a part wher Devin's vocal melody sounds really flat. It's lasts about four bars. Dammit, i can't remembe the song.

#94438 by Greg Reason
Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:01 am
DeafbyStereo wrote:Does anyone else find that they don't really listen to Terria over the cold months? It just doesn't feel right somehow. I just associate it with summer too strongly.

Quite the opposite, actually...

#94493 by funny_little_guy
Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:40 pm
Greg Reason wrote:
DeafbyStereo wrote:Does anyone else find that they don't really listen to Terria over the cold months? It just doesn't feel right somehow. I just associate it with summer too strongly.

Quite the opposite, actually...
Agreed, I've listened to it all through winter and now it's coming up to summer it's starting to drop off a little. I guess it's because Terria has such a warm feel... It's like drinking hot chocolate, through your ears. Which coincidently is quite dangerous.

#94564 by the_scoon
Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:54 pm
haha! I think what makes me respect this album more than I already do is the amount of layers it has. Every time i listen to it, I hear something new. And about listening to it during the seasons, I also listen to it mostly during winter, it seems to have a better effect then.

#94569 by Falk
Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:54 pm
Hem, let me break the magic a bit, first time I listened to Terria, as well as Devin's other project, was as a background music while doing CG stuff after I dowloaded the full discography like a cheap bastard (not that I wanted to grab the full disco for free, but it was more available on p2p networks than a single album...).
All I remember from then is saying to the dude on IRC who sent me All Hail The New Flesh (many thanks to him) that after a first listen, I prefered SYL over solo stuff, and that solo stuff was quite weird. In fact I guess I had Ants in head.

Then I fell in love with both SYL and solo work so now I've buy most of the discography (I still lack Physicist with a box ('got it in a flood pack) and the demos).
I'd buy a few more if I hadn't to buy the vinyls first... Now I fear I won't have a christmas card this year :(

What's great with Devin's music is that each song takes a different time to grow on you (depending on mood, season, whatever...). Or just wait that you get a bit sick of the previous one. I listened to Tiny Tears endlessly, then after months got a bit sick of it, so Earthday took its place, then Deep Peace, and now I'm digging Canada...

And one day hopefully I'll change those crappy computer speakers to a good sound system so I'll rediscover the CDs entirely^^

#94626 by DeafbyStereo
Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:58 am
Hmm actually I blew out my theory and listened to it this morning. It's probably just because I got really into it one summer, I associate it with that time.