The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE
#89911 by StrappingYoungLad
Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:49 am
Here is something i remember wanting to write a long time ago..but never got around to doing...

When i first heard the end of Deep Peace ("...all going away now....") i noticed that the chord progression (G, F, C) and the palm-muted/picked arpeggios in the background reminded me of Enya's 'Orinoco Flow'...

...today, i downloaded an interview from 2001 (just after the release of Terria), and Devin said how much he had been listening to Enya lately...

It is by NO means a rip off...don't get me wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it is just similarly phrased. Anyone ever notice that similarity?

#89972 by tearslicky
Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:51 am
I can barely remember Orinoco Flow, I'll have to hunt it down and have a listen..
#90041 by gurp13
Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:39 pm
StrappingYoungLad wrote:When i first heard the end of Deep Peace ("...all going away now....") i noticed that the chord progression (G, F, C) and the palm-muted/picked arpeggios in the background reminded me of Enya's 'Orinoco Flow'...

Now, I don't know a palm-muted arpeggio from a hole in the ground... However, having had a listen to both songs here, I think there is a kind of similarity between the songs. Or rather, some of the notes in there. That harp-like noise that comes after the verse in Orinoco Flow, I think is what you have in mind. Yes?

So, yeah, I hear a similarity.

Enya is quite nice, BTW.

#91460 by Marshall Bravestar
Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:12 am
Interestingly enough, I've thought that ever since I first bought it!

In fact, whenever I've described the album to people who haven't heard it, I've always said its like Enya doing metal. Is this a new genre? Enya Metal?!?!? :lol:

#91461 by StrappingYoungLad
Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:19 am
Hey man..thanks for the reply to my post! I always referred to Terria as Enya doing metal also...kinda funny...hehe..actually listening to Earth Day right now!

Marshall Bravestar wrote:Interestingly enough, I've thought that ever since I first bought it!

In fact, whenever I've described the album to people who haven't heard it, I've always said its like Enya doing metal. Is this a new genre? Enya Metal?!?!? :lol:

#99856 by blackfluid
Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:10 pm
Marshall Bravestar wrote:Interestingly enough, I've thought that ever since I first bought it!

naaa Enya sounds like celtic music, I jut take the last one (Amarantine) and it's really beautiful!!! I think that you can listen the soundtracks from The Lord Of The Ring to give the real spirit of this sound :D
Orinoco flow it's a masterpiece.

Terria is another perfect dream, and I love it!!!

#114549 by devileif
Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:00 pm
I haven't listened to Enya. What album is this 'Orinoco Flow' on?

I'm intrested in hearing it...