The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE
#93985 by DevonH
Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:46 am
I just listened to the commentary about Happy and how he's howling in the song Mountain. He was dying of cancer at the time and when I listened to Mountain I nearly bust out crying....how sad!!

Anyone else?

#96573 by DeafbyStereo
Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:36 am
That is really sad isn't it. I don't think he was howling in pain though, if you listen to the commentary I think they were playing at the time, could be wrong though as it's been a while since I listened to the commentary.

#96698 by The Oid
Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:30 am
If I recall correctly, it says in the commentary that he used to howl if you asked him if he wanted a dog biscuit or a walk or something. It is sad though.

#96724 by DevonH
Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:55 pm
DeafbyStereo wrote:That is really sad isn't it. I don't think he was howling in pain though, if you listen to the commentary I think they were playing at the time, could be wrong though as it's been a while since I listened to the commentary.

I just re-read my post and it sounds like I was saying Happy was dying when the song was recorded, whoops!

Yeah...the Dev commentary says he'd howl when being called for food.

#100685 by into the voigtex
Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:16 pm
In the breakdown of "Mountain", you can clearly hear Devin talking to the dog, asking Happy if he wants a treat or dinner or something. Happy howls a couple of times, and then you can hear Tracy say "Yum!"

:D

Always puts a smile on my face.

Ro

#101007 by Deathcom7000
Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:08 pm
I can hear the howling, and I can barely make out the voices. Thats such a touching thing to put in a song. :sad:

#102674 by EternalMetal
Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:37 pm
I always loved the howling effect on this song, that really was a neat effect.

It is a sad thing though, our dog got stepped on by a horse and has 5 pins in his leg. We are thankful that he is alive, an animal death is devastating.

#102821 by djskrimp
Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:31 am
Perplexing...I hear the voices quite clearly when I listen to Terria in my cans. (Earphones.) Is it that y'all are listening to it using speakers? Anyway, I have tonitus, and have a problem hearing mid frequencies, (like speech), and yet can almost always hear the speaking parts in Devy records. Weird.
#102847 by V3lvetpresley
Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:15 pm
DevonH wrote:I just listened to the commentary about Happy and how he's howling in the song Mountain. He was dying of cancer at the time and when I listened to Mountain I nearly bust out crying....how sad!!

Anyone else?

Terria is the first album ever to make me cry, simply because of how emotional it is, as opposed to an album associated with a memory.

I'm the big man of ROCK, of course.

#102965 by Matthijs K.
Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:27 am
into the voigtex wrote:In the breakdown of "Mountain", you can clearly hear Devin talking to the dog, asking Happy if he wants a treat or dinner or something. Happy howls a couple of times, and then you can hear Tracy say "Yum!"

:D

Always puts a smile on my face.

Ro

Of course I always heard the howling, but now you've said it I hear the voices too (very clearly, btw how could I not hear them?) It's so touching. And utter genius. Devy just climbed in my awesomeness ranks even more!

#103398 by Deathcom7000
Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:43 pm
djskrimp wrote:Perplexing...I hear the voices quite clearly when I listen to Terria in my cans. (Earphones.) Is it that y'all are listening to it using speakers? Anyway, I have tonitus, and have a problem hearing mid frequencies, (like speech), and yet can almost always hear the speaking parts in Devy records. Weird.

I use ear phones too, but I can only make out the dog's howling, and Tracy. I hear Dev talking, but I have no idea what he's saying. Still it's easier with ear phones then speakers

#110607 by VelvetKevorkian429
Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:21 pm
Wow.. I never noticed that.. I gotta check this out when I get home

#114215 by Mudtrailer
Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:33 am
OH.. I wish I sdidnt read this thread :) hahahahaha
Sometimes ignorrance is bliss and ones own interpretation should stay what it is..

Lets just say that this info is very different from what I drew out of the song....

#114252 by max
Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:43 pm
i cant really make the voices out. need some better headphones.

man, i never get bored of this album. always new things to discover about it.

#114256 by Deathcom7000
Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:58 pm
This is a little off topic, but I don't realy feel like making an entire thread devoted to this little question? Is the Terria Commentary only on the second disc, and if it is, is it too late to get one?