The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE
#98077 by Miek
Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:22 pm
Well, after about three days of training, i've finally got the solo to Deep Peace down pat.

And man do my fingers hurt.

It's a shame that I spent so much time memorizing it, only to know that it will never be good as the creator.

It's still fun though! :D

#98089 by djskrimp
Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:38 pm
Think of it this way (if you want): What you've done is ingrain in your mind and into your muscles the memory of a song you apparently like and appreciate enough to learn how to play it. Any music you make in the future will have that lurking below the surface....either apparently or not. As for being as "good" as the creator...maybe you can use it to fuel the song that makes Dev go..."Damn, that's a good song.." Music is reciprocal like that...

#98103 by FUBAR
Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:15 am
Contgratulations Miek, that solo is a bitch!

#98211 by Poey
Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:23 pm
That's awesome, good job. I really wish there were more transcriptions of Devy's music... however, I also feel like learning it would take away from the amazing experience of listening to it and not analyzing it.

#98215 by thefillersweetcityjesus
Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:31 pm
after about a year and a half i think i have the first note in seventh wave...

im a slow learner.

leave me alone

congrats, any sound clips!?

#98235 by Miek
Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:15 pm
thefillersweetcityjesus wrote:congrats, any sound clips!?

Not yet, i'm hoping to get some recording software for Christmas, so mayhaps within the month! :D

#98331 by BaldMosher446
Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:44 pm
Sweet deal dude! That is such an awesome solo! Congrats on nailing it!

#98412 by Biert
Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:49 am
Restecp

#98417 by Marshall Bravestar
Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:32 pm
Good call getting that down dude, that's one epic solo! All you need now is a cliff to stand on the edge of at sunset and you can play it to The Gods!! That's what I imagine me doing when I imagine myself playing that solo! LOL!

Slightly off topic........ *Initiates Rant Mode*

Of course, don't post it on the internet. Those MPA fuckers'll drag your arse into court. Now that it seems tab and lyric sites are going to go the same way as p2p... wonderful... NOT

:evil:

There, that's better 8)

Re:

#167789 by Nathan_lol
Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:51 pm
Poey wrote:That's awesome, good job. I really wish there were more transcriptions of Devy's music... however, I also feel like learning it would take away from the amazing experience of listening to it and not analyzing it.
Dude, I totally agree. I don't really try to learn songs that much, it takes away their magic.
#173574 by Devymetalnut
Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:08 pm
The Deep Peace Solo was one of the first Devy tunes i learnt to play, man was it hard but its ingrained in my fingertips now, hooray! Nice one on learning it dude, this forum rules, good to know Devy has a legion of awesome fans. Man i CANNOT wait for this new project, all hail Dev!
#173576 by Falk
Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:55 pm
That's one of the only thing I could play without slowing the original down (maybe I still played it like shit though, I can't tell as I never recorded myself).
That guitar has dust on it now though :(

Congrats anyway ! :guitar:
#173577 by soundsofentropy
Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:18 pm
I wish that I could find a decent ASCII tab of "Deep Peace" (neither Guitar Pro nor Power Tab Editor work on my computer--any help?). It's a number I've been figuring out for awhile, but want to tie some loose ends together. It's an excellent song, completely (fitting, considering the quality of the album it came from).

Congrats on the solo, Miek!
#223476 by thetoolman
Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:21 pm
i freaking love that song so much at the moment esspetailly the solo and the best bit of any song ive ever heard is still 4:48 during the solo you all know the bit i mean...