The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE
#101734 by Naffis-kun
Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:46 am
I wonder why there hasn't been made a separate topic for Earth Day.
It seems to be the most popular song on Terria and it's the first Dev song I heard.

The guitar's sound and the song's feeling is amazing. Before the first chorus (1:50 - 3:40) it echoes in a unique way and at some parts it sounds like as if it was played in a huge hall or underwater (?).
From the very first time I heard the song I've always thought of a water purification plant with gloomy metal structures, water tanks and stuff.

"It's your birthday, it's on Earth Day."
Listen to the vibrato in the first chorus. It's just amazing.

What are your visions of the song's meaning?
It's not all about recycling, is it?

#101738 by the_scoon
Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:09 am
I just get images of the earth growing in my mind. Like, mountains coming out of the ground and weird stuff like that. Then when it ends, Deep Peace comes in and that song kinda (IMO) represents the grass growing and stuff like that. Great song Earth Day.

#101788 by BaldMosher446
Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:32 am
I picture many different aspects of life when I listen to Earth Day...Birth, Life, Pain, Misery, Happiness, Death, etc...it's like a big 9:35 collage I see in my head while listening to that song. Really neat if you ask me...

#101810 by Olive?
Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:02 am
Best.
Song.
Ever.

#101814 by Vanished
Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:37 am
Because of Earth Day I've become a fan of Devin, that say's enough I think.

#101838 by Deathcom7000
Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:19 pm
I just get images of the earth growing in my mind. Like, mountains coming out of the ground and weird stuff like that. Then when it ends, Deep Peace comes in and that song kinda (IMO) represents the grass growing and stuff like that. Great song Earth Day.

OH MY GOD! Thats EXACTLLY what I picture when I listen to Truth off of Infinty!!

The part when Devin is screaming at 3:40, it sends chills down my back. But I always wonder what those lines truly mean.

Shut up and think of something more important to say...
'Sometimes I think that in every straight there's a gay!' Something or nothing a whole either way it's a way,
it's a way, it's a way, it's a way, it's a way
EARTH DAY, EARTH DAY, EARTH DAY, EARTH DAY
it's a way, it's a way, it's a way, it's a way
EARTH DAY, EARTH DAY, EARTH DAY, EARTH DAY

And when he startes singing about the birthday on Earth day, I just love that! It's a great song

#101841 by classy camron
Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:31 pm
Thats what that song is written for i think to just truely use your own creativity and imagination to invision what the world would be like if knowone was their to watch it begin and how the planet changes infront of us and we cant see it.Thats just my thoughts on it,one of the best i herd but i like Canada better.

#101882 by fragility
Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:42 pm
I love Earth Day, mainly because, I think it is pretty unique...I find it very difficult to describe that song to someone

#102091 by Shamnera
Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:17 pm
"It's your worse fucking day..." I love that part.

#102145 by ChangeOfSeasons
Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:57 pm
The first song from the DTB that I heard so it certainly has a special place.

I was blown away with the unique qualities of the song and the intense emotion conveyed. The rest was history.

Oh, and hello to everyone as this is my first post. I am currently building my DTB collection and loving everything I am hearing from Devin.

#102185 by Atari
Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:43 am
Welcome!

#103669 by Cygnus
Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:17 pm
I come bearing a gift. for those with Guitar Pro 4. In my opinion, its got a couple of inacurate parts, but im sure if you listen to the song enough, you'll be able to fix the parts yourself... oh yeah, and it's not finished yet... oh well

http://213.251.138.125/tab-tab_download ... =59201.htm

and as far as this song goes, this song is the reason why I consider terria to be devin's angriest and calmest album (bipolar like he is). This has to be the most perfect example of cynical anger in music I have ever heard in my life. Like a lot of Devin's epics, this song is a masterpiece.

#103705 by Burbster
Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:20 am
A lot of people say it's their first Dev song.

Mine was Ants. You can imagine my reaction.

#103715 by Blazingmonga
Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:49 am
To me, Earth Day is like a giant mutant pop metal song. Its so catchy! But enormous in depth at the same time. It sounds a bit like being chased through fields and trees by the boogieman. Or a space rocket crashing into a flower filled meadow.

#103722 by Biert
Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:59 am
Burbster wrote:A lot of people say it's their first Dev song.

Mine was Ants. You can imagine my reaction.

I had heard some Devin Townsend, but only vey superficial. Then all of a sudden I heard Ants... that was some first impression. Then I heard some other songs and I was sold.