The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE

#103724 by Naffis-kun
Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:28 am
Mine was Ants. You can imagine my reaction.

If that had happened to me, I would've forgot all about Dev right away :D.
Ants is one of the songs I hardly ever listen to.

#104067 by SirJuzzi
Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:23 pm
Ants is awesome! But I don't think it would have hooked me by first listen. :P

I heard some songs before Earth Day, kinda liked them and got used to the Devysound, the huge echoes, a bit electronic drums and such. Then a friend of mine who had heard more Devin recommended Earth Day to me. I remember no song hitting me as hard as it did, I had to go to buy Terria even though I barely had money for it. (Fortunately it's price was lowered back then.) So Earth Day was The song for me too. It's a real masterpiece, but I've listened it so many times it's getting a bit old for me. Despite that it's still the best song off Terria. And the best song of quite a many levels. ;)

#104068 by psychopitchfork
Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:35 pm
Everyone saying either ants or Earth Day, the first song I heard properly by Devin was Shitstorm:D! I'v only recently got into the other works of Dev and I think Terria is possibly his best album so Far, Earth Day is incredible, my favorite song on the album. It's actually the only song over 8mins long in the whole world I can listen to non-stop! I Love The Album, That song just completes it for me.

#104097 by ChangeOfSeasons
Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:33 pm
psychopitchfork wrote: It's actually the only song over 8mins long in the whole world I can listen to non-stop!

Sounds like you need to give Death of Music another spin my friend.

#104133 by Burbster
Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:17 am
When I first heard I Ants I thought, "Wait, he's playing guitar that fast? All the way through the song?"

Then I downloaded some more and my next songs were Life and Earth. I was totally sold.

#104637 by dargormudshark
Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:29 pm
The first minute of Earth Day and the Eat your beets melody throughout is some of the best music I have ever heard in my life. I can't even begin to imagine what Devin was doing when he came up with that melody, it's mood is so hard to explain. As for waht I think about when I listen to the song; I think about someone reflecting on their life from birth to death. I think each of the eat your beets melodies might have to with a time of periodic frustration or something. It also kind of makes me think of someone who has been holding alot of stuff in finally letting it out in the form of anyway he can think of.

It was one of my first songs I heard by Dev and I still think it is one of the most unique songs I have ever heard. When I met Devin for the first time about 2 months ago I just told him "You're one of my biggest heroes, Earth Day is one of the greatest oings ever, thanks for all the great music". He was in a hurry so I felt I should just get all of the fanboy stuff out of the way.

#104689 by Pondo
Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:54 am
does somebody have a good interpretation of the lyrics? i have no ideas :roll:

#104707 by Atari
Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:48 am
Read the booklet.

#104710 by Biert
Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:53 am
Atari wrote:Read the booklet.

The lyrics are in the booklet, but it doesn't say what they mean.

#104714 by Atari
Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:56 am
I thought he (?) was looking for lyrics.

#104751 by Biert
Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:31 pm
Atari wrote:I thought he (?) was looking for lyrics.

I think interpretations are a bit more than lyrics. And lyrics aren't that hard to find, even if you don't have the actual album.

Anyway, I think the lyrics are very open to different interpretations. Even tho Devins lyrics are very personal, the true meaning is very well hidden. I think what Devin meant when he wrote the lyrics, is not very important. It's all about what you think it's about, what you feel when you hear the song.

#104769 by FUBAR
Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:32 pm
Biert wrote:
Atari wrote:I thought he (?) was looking for lyrics.

Anyway, I think the lyrics are very open to different interpretations. Even tho Devins lyrics are very personal, the true meaning is very well hidden. I think what Devin meant when he wrote the lyrics, is not very important. It's all about what you think it's about, what you feel when you hear the song.

Well Said!

#104880 by Desertfox
Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:59 am
i think that the cliff and the tree said all...
(behind the lyrics)

only my opignon...

#105117 by Deathcom7000
Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:10 pm
Ya, I notice that the more you know about Devin, the more you'd understand his music. I think i remember Tracy saying she Drives him mad when it comes to Recycling, so could have been a motivation.

I gave Terria to my friend during the holidays. He showd it to his friends and they came up to me saying "It's just entertainment folks"! So Earth Day is their first Devin song too I guess. First DTB song for me was life

#105344 by Vincent J.
Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:22 am
ChangeOfSeasons wrote:
psychopitchfork wrote: It's actually the only song over 8mins long in the whole world I can listen to non-stop!

Sounds like you need to give Death of Music another spin my friend.

exactly! The first time I heard the death of music I repeated it for about 3 hours :)
beautiful :wink: