#105361 by Naffis-kun
Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:34 am
This is a very interesting song indeed.
Beautiful and mysterious.

now playing: Devin Townsend - The Death of Music

#108261 by Pisshead
Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:59 pm
Naffis-kun wrote:
Mine was Ants. You can imagine my reaction.

If that had happened to me, I would've forgot all about Dev right away :D.
Ants is one of the songs I hardly ever listen to.

A friend I leant Infinity to grew attached to Ants first, and to this day it's his favourite Dev song.

#108325 by Naffis-kun
Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:02 am
Yeah I know some people who like it, too.
It's a fun song but it just doesn't scratch the itch.

#108385 by sj_2150
Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:58 am
one of my favourite lines ever in a song is "sometimes i think that in every straight theres a gay" :lol: smart and funny!

#109605 by Bash
Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:43 pm
I get a HUGE kick on so many levels out of the "...cause after all you're just talking meat" part, followed by the one-two kick of "And music? Well it's just entertainment folks!" and "sometimes I think in every straight there is a gay" part. My favourite 20 seconds of music ever.

#109906 by Deathcom7000
Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:04 pm
Yes. That little part always sends a chill down my back

When he refers to people as talking meat, it reminds me of when he said "I started to see people as little lonesome, water based, pink meat, life forms pushing air through themselves and making noises that the other little pieces of meat seemed to understand...I don't think I was 'mad', I was just confused."

#110369 by Kivenkantaja
Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:04 am
Earth day's lyrics pop to my head always when I'm listening to Gaia.

#110410 by Ike
Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:40 pm
oh yes, gaia seems to be earth day's little sister ;)

through listening to synchestra all the last week, i had almost forgotten about terria, until i saw the dvd and earth day came back with all it's force. i especially dig the main riff starting at 1:00 and slowly building up. that groove is so energetic! - i must admit that the "it's a way, it's a way-part is a bit hard to take for me as it is so damn brutal, but the mellow "man over board"-part afterwards gives it a brilliant turn. really one of the best songs ever. all those melodies and contrasts and soundscapes and the layrics and and and... |)

#110559 by Kivenkantaja
Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:16 am
Ike wrote:i must admit that the "it's a way, it's a way-part is a bit hard to take for me as it is so damn brutal,

WHAT? :shock: That's maybe the best part!

......or maybe not.

#110567 by Turge
Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:27 am
Kivenkantaja wrote:
Ike wrote:i must admit that the "it's a way, it's a way-part is a bit hard to take for me as it is so damn brutal,

WHAT? :shock: That's maybe the best part!

......or maybe not.

No, the best part is the "So just shut your face and take a seat" part.

Or, I could just fuck off.

#110594 by Ike
Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:10 am
you're right.

and i'll fuck of, too.

#110617 by Kivenkantaja
Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:49 pm
Intelligent conversation :lol:

#110761 by Nasalspray
Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:56 am
The best part of this song is the "But I didn't even know if it was true or just a result of chemicals" part.

I could just fuck off, too.

#111274 by pixellate
Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:29 am
Earth Day wasn't the first DTB song i heard .. but when i did hear it i knew exactly why Devin is the greatest musician in metal at the moment.

Whenever i hear this song i get images of growth, destruction, and pain. It seems to me that it's a call from earth to help her, to save her. However, that's me.. A lot of Devin's music is very naturistic and spiritual in my eyes, and that's what I love about it.

This song builds it's self up from the first second of music - and another image placed into my mind when i hear this is that of all life .. the cycle of life.

Most amazing song i've ever heard.

#119565 by Naffis-kun
Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:54 pm
HAPPY EARTH DAY everyone :D!

The international earth day is today.