The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE
#102679 by EternalMetal
Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:43 pm
How would you describe the emotions in Terria, in your own opinion?

I know everyone analyzes everything different, so say how you hear it.

I feel as though the record is very sad, kind of like a cry for help almost. Its creepy in a lot of places, and evokes some very lonely moments of hopelessness.

After Earth Day, I feel as though the record gets out of this "cry for help" stage, and goes into a stage of feeling sorry for yourself. Deep Peace is a good word for this feeling, as wallowing in sadness is sometimes a very good feeling that I cant explain. So the music seems happy, even if it is not. The record picks up after this, and seems to resolve itself in the end. The feelings of sadness and loneliness are replaced with feelings of resolution and coping.

I still think Earth Day is the peak of the sadness on this album, as I feel Earth Day is a very sad song.

These are just the musical vibes I get from the record, im not bringing lyrics or original intent into play here.

#102714 by Brainwashed
Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:29 am
The feeling I get from "Terria" is sort of what I'd think it'd feel like walking in a gloomy forest in the fall, alone, with the sky mostly overcast and no one nor any animals around...lost maybe, but with no one to find you. Or maybe just not wanting to be found.

#102736 by Blazingmonga
Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:45 am
The time when Terria made most sense to me was one day when I was cycling in the rain. I was alone. The sky was very overcast but it was still quite bright. The rain was heavy, cold and soaking me to the skin.

The area I was cycling through was very rural. I had just reached the top of a steep hill when Earth Day finished. At the top of this hill I could see for miles in all directions. I could see hills on the horizon, trees in the foreground and a long road winding down in front of me. No buildings in sight.

As I made my way down this hill, I picked up speed as the rain got heavier. I was getting seriously wet.

When Deep Peace started to come on, I remember thinking that I was lucky to be there. I could feel so much. At that moment no part of me was numb. I was soaked, freezing cold and alone...but I could feel and see everything so intensely. And that was beautiful.

Some people go there entire lives without that kind of experience.

That, to me, is the sadness of Terria.

#102853 by fragility
Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:41 pm
For me, it's this intense balance between real sadness and real happiness, it's the album which gives me the greatest feeling in the world. I can't describe it really, and it constantly swtiches between the lyrics and music which makes me feel what...but it's like this perfect happiness/sadness thing...beautiful!

#102855 by V3lvetpresley
Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:46 pm
It brings so many emotions to the surface.

Strongest for me is Earth Day.

Someone I loved deeply left to live in another country, and I was walking home that evening, when Earth Day came on.

I didn't look around to see who was there, but I screamed those words out... the emotion took over, and that song all of a sudden adapted itself to how I felt. Not sure how, there is really no relation between the lyrics and how I felt.

#102874 by ChangeOfSeasons
Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:14 pm
I agree with the general feeling that Terria gives off a sad feeling. Even when there are happy musical moments, the lyrics are generally sad and the happiness feels as though it is not authentic...masking an inner sadness if you will. The example I think of is "Stagnant". The beginning gives the initial impression of a happy song..."summer's here, sunlight greets the day..." The song continues on and starts to give off more of a depressing and hopeless vibe..."tired of the way, that I'm feeling every day".

Songs like "Earth Day", "Deep Peace", and "Nobody's Here" contribute to this vibe very strongly. A struggle between happiness and a sadness that won't go away...with sadness winning at this particular point in life.

#102877 by Mr_Chimp
Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:37 pm
It is a very emotional album because of the complexity of the music, its truely stunning.

It makes me feel somber, but i get imersed with the world of terria. All around is the music. It has many effects some i like some i dont.

Hey V3lvetpresley some one i love i pushed away by being an idiot, and earth day has the same offect on me, luckly we are kinda back but it still haunts me when that tune is on.

Its am awsome album.

#102881 by mo
Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:51 pm
I see it as far more happy than sad.

Still my fave

#102930 by Deathcom7000
Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:51 pm
I don't really see Earth Day as a sad song, but I do see it as a cry for help. The saddest song i think is Nobody here. I love that song. To me, Terria is a very down to Earth album. The final song Stagnant, I find to be a happy song in a very emotional way. It's actually gotten me through weird times. I don't know if I want to say Terria is sad. But at the same time, it's the kind of album I'd listen to on very rainy cloudy days.

#102947 by psychotic
Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:33 am
I just get an overall very warm feeling from the album.

#102950 by FUBAR
Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:41 am
psychotic wrote:I just get an overall very warm feeling from the album.

Yeah same, aswell and the Bizzare mixture of euphoria and sadness. I love it :D

#102961 by FlatHead
Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:09 am
Stagnant sums it up pretty well. Tired of everything, but at least the Earth is still beautiful.

#103779 by asparagusDuck
Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:07 pm
'its beautiful the way its supposed to be
Beautiful...but it don't do shit for me'

I love that line in Stagnant and i kinda get the vibe from the rest of the album, especially Fluke. Sounds like a line from a guy who realizes that there is still beauty in the world, but is struggling to find it for himself.

#103782 by fragility
Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:25 pm
asparagusDuck wrote:'its beautiful the way its supposed to be

I love that line in Stagnant

Agreed!

#103942 by Deathcom7000
Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:50 pm
fragility wrote:
asparagusDuck wrote:'its beautiful the way its supposed to be

I love that line in Stagnant