The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE

#115431 by Noodles
Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:12 pm
He's crappy at writing objective reviews. The only fact he stated in the whole thing was that the guitar was loud, and his Deep Peace description described himself (listens to too much prog) more than the song itself.

#115512 by UncleTonyP
Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:30 am
lots of "old school prog" fans tend to be REALLY close minded. music fans, are not.

Even when i was first getting into Terria, and i did not like it... at all... I KNEW there was something bigger there, that i just wasn't getting... so i went through it again then it finally clicked.

I remember reading a review from one of the DREAM THEATER fan club magazine about Terria.... it was really intruiging, because the review said basically what i just said that.. at first he didnt like it, but in between listens, he felt that he should listen to it again, as if something was drawing him to it.

then i HAD to hear it myself.

#115531 by Noodles
Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:24 pm
UncleTonyP wrote:lots of "old school prog" fans tend to be REALLY close minded. music fans, are not.

Even when i was first getting into Terria, and i did not like it... at all... I KNEW there was something bigger there, that i just wasn't getting... so i went through it again then it finally clicked.

I remember reading a review from one of the DREAM THEATER fan club magazine about Terria.... it was really intruiging, because the review said basically what i just said that.. at first he didnt like it, but in between listens, he felt that he should listen to it again, as if something was drawing him to it.

then i HAD to hear it myself.
lol thats how I felt about the first few devin albums i heard too (terria, haarht and city i think)

#123695 by Kivenkantaja
Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:28 am
UncleTonyP wrote:but in between listens, he felt that he should listen to it again, as if something was drawing him to it.

You know, I've had that feeling for couple of months now and about a week ago I really started to listen Terria properly.

At first I thought Terria was just a good record with two or three excellent songs, some good songs and the rest not worth listening. I listened it 6 or 7 times through and I was disappointed.

Now, after giving it a second chance, I feel so stupid. Terria must be one of THE best records ever made. :D
First theres olives: there never happens much but it has this weird hypnotizing atmosphere around it which makes you waiting for more.
Then there is Mountain, Earth Day, Deep Peace (the solo is so awesome), Canada and so on. Not a single bad song. They're all just so great :D I'm sure I'll never get bored of Terria. Amazing, just amazing.

#123715 by FlatHead
Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:23 pm
Terria is like cannabis. The first time is kinda cool but mostly weird and confusing, the second time is a little more relaxed and comfortable, and the 10th time is awesome.

At least that's how it was for me :)

#123716 by Kivenkantaja
Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:40 pm
I've listened Terria three times today :D I'm addicted.

Cannabis is like sex with men. Never tried it and never will.

#123868 by Goat
Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:27 am
Kivenkantaja wrote:I've listened Terria three times today :D I'm addicted.

Hahaha, never knew what hit ya, a stab in the back, that weird feeling ... it all makes sense now.

#123887 by Kivenkantaja
Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:26 am
Goat wrote:
Kivenkantaja wrote:I've listened Terria three times today :D I'm addicted.

Hahaha, never knew what hit ya, a stab in the back, that weird feeling ... it all makes sense now.
What do you mean?
Oh wait. So Terria is like cannabis and cannabis is like sex with men.... :shock:
----> Terria is like sex with men?!? Ok. I take it back :roll:

#123957 by funny_little_guy
Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:17 am
Noodles wrote:Terria is like having 5 climaxes in an hour.
Agreed
#123969 by Eyesore
Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:19 am
FishyMonkey wrote:This music describes the best what is a monolithic electric guitar! I have never heard a more monolithic electric rhythmic guitar than on this record: that's completely ridiculous! This brutal guitar is so distorted and polluted with tons of useless effects that it takes all the available room! As if it was not enough, the musician seems to take a huge pleasure to exaggeratedly sustain each note, a painful torment for the ears! The rhythmic guitar is COMPLETELY unmelodious. The lead vocals are just simply too angry and aggressive for me. When the lead vocals are more mellow, they amazingly remind me David Gilmour and James LaBrie. There are some good acoustic guitar parts. There are some unconvincing TV or radio sounds, a much worse copy of Roger Waters' effects: they seem too coarsely produced. You can hear some whales-like sounds. There are some rare good passages, so that, globally, this record is not worth a complete listen. The only track that retained more my attention is "Deep peace", starting with an imitation of David Gilmour's voice; an Oldfield-esque guitar solo then begins, followed by an Hillage-esque one, featuring his spacy ambience from the "Green" album; then, it changes to a VERY modest & much slower attempt to emulate the symphonic Yngwie Malmsteen himself. This VERY rebel music is probably perfect for the young people who like disturbing moods.

Rating: 1.5 star

Are we even listening to the same album? :? And are you saying Devy's production is worse than Pink Floyd's? REBEL music? DISTURBING moods? Terria is one of the most relaxing albums ever! And Devy ripping off everyone on Deep Peace? I am familiar with ALL those artists and I hear none of the similarities. And Devy's voice bears absolutely no similarity with James LaBrie. What a joke.

This is what happens when you have reviewers who only review for free music. They give an album a quick listen, generally just skimming the songs, then do some shitty little write-up and pawn it off on the world. It gets worse when you have an idiotic foreigner that can't speak English and writes the review...in English. Makes sense.

#124132 by Death'o'Musak
Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:49 am
Its like he's not even listening to the lyrics...

#127346 by Kaartinen
Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:35 am
That has to be the best worst review Dev has ever gotten :)

#128522 by YojimbO
Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:38 am
Greenback is TOTALLY out of place as a reviewer on progarchives.com. Just read ANY of his reviews on heavy or experimental stuff... the guy just can't handle it.

Now where would he be into place..?

#128538 by Noodles
Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:15 pm
YojimbO wrote:Greenback is TOTALLY out of place as a reviewer on progarchives.com. Just read ANY of his reviews on heavy or experimental stuff... the guy just can't handle it.

Now where would he be into place..?

he's a wanker :<