The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE
#104341 by FishyMonkey
Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:04 pm
This music describes the best what is a monolithic electric guitar! I have never heard a more monolithic electric rhythmic guitar than on this record: that's completely ridiculous! This brutal guitar is so distorted and polluted with tons of useless effects that it takes all the available room! As if it was not enough, the musician seems to take a huge pleasure to exaggeratedly sustain each note, a painful torment for the ears! The rhythmic guitar is COMPLETELY unmelodious. The lead vocals are just simply too angry and aggressive for me. When the lead vocals are more mellow, they amazingly remind me David Gilmour and James LaBrie. There are some good acoustic guitar parts. There are some unconvincing TV or radio sounds, a much worse copy of Roger Waters' effects: they seem too coarsely produced. You can hear some whales-like sounds. There are some rare good passages, so that, globally, this record is not worth a complete listen. The only track that retained more my attention is "Deep peace", starting with an imitation of David Gilmour's voice; an Oldfield-esque guitar solo then begins, followed by an Hillage-esque one, featuring his spacy ambience from the "Green" album; then, it changes to a VERY modest & much slower attempt to emulate the symphonic Yngwie Malmsteen himself. This VERY rebel music is probably perfect for the young people who like disturbing moods.

Rating: 1.5 star

Are we even listening to the same album? :? And are you saying Devy's production is worse than Pink Floyd's? REBEL music? DISTURBING moods? Terria is one of the most relaxing albums ever! And Devy ripping off everyone on Deep Peace? I am familiar with ALL those artists and I hear none of the similarities. And Devy's voice bears absolutely no similarity with James LaBrie. What a joke.

#104347 by Pisshead
Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:28 pm
Where's this from?

#104348 by FishyMonkey
Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:29 pm
I forgot to mention...it's not an official site review or something. It's a review from a "special collaborator" off progarchives.com. Special collaborators are supposed to be excellent reviewers. His online name is greenback.

#104349 by Pisshead
Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:31 pm
Pretty stupid review, can't see it relating to the actual album much.
#104355 by FUBAR
Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:40 pm
FishyMonkey wrote:[b]This VERY rebel music is probably perfect for the young people who like disturbing moods.

Hmmm Rebel music? this guy is weird...he sounds like some old school prog fan...

#104358 by FishyMonkey
Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:42 pm
He is. He seems to be a little closeminded, too.

#104363 by FUBAR
Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:47 pm
^ Which is starnge considering most Prog fans are very open minded. :?
#104724 by dargormudshark
Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:08 pm
FUBAR wrote:
FishyMonkey wrote:[b]This VERY rebel music is probably perfect for the young people who like disturbing moods.

Hmmm Rebel music? this guy is weird...he sounds like some old school prog fan...

he is an old school prog fan, your average metal reviewer wouldn't mention Mike Olfield or Steve Hillage. He did bring up a good point though, the solo in Deep Peace does kinda reming of Olfield, maybe that is why I like it so much.

#104772 by FlatHead
Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:53 pm
Everyone's entitled to their own musical taste, but "this record is not worth a complete listen" is about the last thing I'd expect anyone to say about Terria =O

#104779 by Olive?
Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:15 pm
Let's kill him.

#104783 by junkmonkey
Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:30 pm
the "VERY rebel music" comment is hilarious,i mean who doesn't wanna go out and cause anarchy after listening to Terria?....let's tar and feather him

#104787 by into the voigtex
Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:43 pm
I absolutely love this review. Sounds like the poor dude wasn't expecting to hear any distortion at all. Perhaps he was hoping there would be more acoustic guitar? Other than that, he sounds a bit like a whinging elistist progressive music snob.

For fuck's sake, even my mother likes Terria. Well, except for the odd death metal growl in Mountain. :?

"VERY Rebel Music" should be the title of the next SYL album. :lol:

#104791 by FUBAR
Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:20 pm
into the voigtex wrote:

:lol: I'll second this!

#104896 by Biert
Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:57 am
FUBAR wrote:
into the voigtex wrote:

:lol: I'll second this!

Hell yeah, that would be a great title. A bit along the lines of HAARHT

#105036 by Naffis-kun
Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:40 am
Don't mind reviews like that.
Not everyone can understand excellent music.
But a reviewer should.