The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE
#105325 by mo
Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:24 pm
FishyMonkey wrote:This music describes the best what is a monolithic electric guitar! I have never heard a more monolithic electric rhythmic guitar than on this record: that's completely ridiculous! This brutal guitar is so distorted and polluted with tons of useless effects that it takes all the available room! As if it was not enough, the musician seems to take a huge pleasure to exaggeratedly sustain each note, a painful torment for the ears! The rhythmic guitar is COMPLETELY unmelodious. The lead vocals are just simply too angry and aggressive for me. When the lead vocals are more mellow, they amazingly remind me David Gilmour and James LaBrie. There are some good acoustic guitar parts. There are some unconvincing TV or radio sounds, a much worse copy of Roger Waters' effects: they seem too coarsely produced. You can hear some whales-like sounds. There are some rare good passages, so that, globally, this record is not worth a complete listen. The only track that retained more my attention is "Deep peace", starting with an imitation of David Gilmour's voice; an Oldfield-esque guitar solo then begins, followed by an Hillage-esque one, featuring his spacy ambience from the "Green" album; then, it changes to a VERY modest & much slower attempt to emulate the symphonic Yngwie Malmsteen himself. This VERY rebel music is probably perfect for the young people who like disturbing moods.

Rating: 1.5 star

Are we even listening to the same album? :? And are you saying Devy's production is worse than Pink Floyd's? REBEL music? DISTURBING moods? Terria is one of the most relaxing albums ever! And Devy ripping off everyone on Deep Peace? I am familiar with ALL those artists and I hear none of the similarities. And Devy's voice bears absolutely no similarity with James LaBrie. What a joke.

HOLY FUCK WHAT A FUCKIN NOB THIS FUCKING GUY IS, PLEASE PARDON THE USE OF PROFANITY AND CAPS BUT FUCK THIS GUY HE'S SOOOOO FUCKED. I'D RATHER LISTEN TO http://www.myspace.com/soce THAN READ THIS GUY'S SHITTY REVIEWS!!! I'M VERY ANGRY AT MY HOUSEMATE FOR INSISTING THAT I MUST READ THIS HORRIBLE REVIEW. DAMN YOU ADRIAN, DAMN YOU!!!!

#105581 by FishyMonkey
Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:23 pm
into the voigtex wrote:
"VERY Rebel Music" should be the title of the next SYL album. :lol:

:) :lol:

I would die of laughter. :lol:

#105593 by Atari
Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:40 pm
*backs away from a clearly agitated Mo*

#106624 by Mudtrailer
Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:00 pm
Olive? wrote:Let's kill him.

Best idea ive heard all day. Axe handle? golf club? cricket bat? :lol:

#106628 by Mudtrailer
Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:04 pm
sj_2150 wrote:
Mordecai wrote:Seriously, whoever wrote that review is a complete retard and I hope he gets aids.

:!:

Now thats not right!!! he should be raped to death by vikings :P

How bout a herd of goats?

#106672 by sj_2150
Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:06 pm
Mudtrailer wrote:
sj_2150 wrote:
Mordecai wrote:Seriously, whoever wrote that review is a complete retard and I hope he gets aids.

:!:

Now thats not right!!! he should be raped to death by vikings :P

How bout a herd of goats?

ok but the goats have to0 be dressed up as vikings

#106966 by kremzeek
Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:03 pm
The reviewer must work for Rollling Stone or AllMusicGuide.
#109882 by Kivenkantaja
Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:04 am
mo wrote:HOLY FUCK WHAT A FUCKIN NOB THIS FUCKING GUY IS, PLEASE PARDON THE USE OF PROFANITY AND CAPS BUT FUCK THIS GUY HE'S SOOOOO FUCKED. I'D RATHER LISTEN TO http://www.myspace.com/soce THAN READ THIS GUY'S SHITTY REVIEWS!!! I'M VERY ANGRY AT MY HOUSEMATE FOR INSISTING THAT I MUST READ THIS HORRIBLE REVIEW. DAMN YOU ADRIAN, DAMN YOU!!!!

That's real man's talking :D

#112377 by DeviousMofo
Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:33 pm
I'm not sure I could get into any artist that attempted to emulate Yngwie Malmsteen...

Ever.

#113757 by Cav
Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:13 am
Mudtrailer wrote:
Olive? wrote:Let's kill him.

Best idea ive heard all day. Axe handle? golf club? cricket bat? :lol:

Naah. Soggy cock'd do it. It's humiliation and Chinese water torture wrapped in a murder-shaped package!

#114205 by devileif
Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:11 am
I rarely read music reviews... and shit like this is the reason. The reason I do read some of them is to find out what kind of music is being written about.
I don't understand why music is reviewed anyway. Music is an art form... yes? But you don't see people going around writing reviews about paintings or scuptures... " Well this Leonardo da Vinci painting starts out alright but then all of a sudden there is too much red, the landscape looks like someones back yard and that womens clothing could of been more modern" <-- a silly e.g
Reviewers who write crap like "I think it should of had less screaming and the guitars are too loud" should be shot. The same goes with movies and books, a review is one persons opinoin and nothing more. And there is a great saying to finish this off... "Opinions are like assholes, we all have one".

#114567 by Cav
Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:41 pm
devileif wrote: And there is a great saying to finish this off... "Opinions are like assholes, we all have one".

Or, as my own personal version of the saying goes: Opinions are like arseholes: everyone's got one, most of them stink.

The guy who wrote that review is displaying a particularly pungent pucker.

#114767 by Astral Nexus
Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:46 am
What a wanker.

:roll: