The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE

#115851 by danceswithchickens
Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:49 am
"Mountain" is indeed awesome. I wasn't sure what to make of it when I first heard it, but it grew to be one of my Terria favorites.

The interesting thing about it is that it's easy to visualize; the main part of the song indeed sounds like a mountain, being huge and magestic, towering over you with its riffs, while the vocals engulf you like the wind. And then the mid-part of the song is like a serene stream running through the mountain, and when you follow the stream it leads you to a beautiful place of lush greenery and sunshine...at least, this is how I visualize it, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is how Devin intended it...

#115876 by funny_little_guy
Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:13 am
This thread made me listen to Terria again for the first time in ages, and man how I had forgotton was I was missing. Mounting couldn't be anymore awsome, the beginning is probaly the second most powerful thing I've ever heard.

#120097 by RealFnDeal
Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:31 pm
Man, Devin's death scream to open up the track is so awesome. I mean, he never does death vocals or anything, and that scream is just so fantastic. The rest of the track is amazing as well, and I love the glass shattering towards the end.

#120103 by Pisshead
Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:38 pm
Definitely a tough listen, Terria doesn't let you in lightly.

#120236 by SirJuzzi
Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:34 am
I love it how crazy the song is as a composition. It's really progressive. And the lyrics and vocals and effects, everything owns in it.

I wouldn't say it's the best or second best track on Terria, but so wouldn't I say about most of the tracks. Earth Day is the most amazing, though I've listened it to death. The rest is very solid strong stuff, I wouldn't order them anyhow.

#122940 by SouldrivenDevil
Wed May 31, 2006 2:49 pm
Mountain is a great song, i love the "pink floyd-ish" ambient breakdown like 2:30 in the song or so

#123824 by frog
Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:33 pm
As far as I'm concerned, Terria's opening trilogy of Olives/Mountain/Earth Day is way better than the rest of the album. The vibe changes a bit after that, although it's still cool and cohesive with the first three songs. But yeah, Mountain is an awesome song. Very cool construction - contains both brutal and pretty sections.

#125669 by BrofUJu
Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:00 am
Its pretty awesome, though most underrated?... I dunno. Personally I find Triumph and a ton of stuff off Ocean Machine, like Hide Nowhere and Funeral to be really underrated.

#126023 by Death'o'Musak
Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:51 pm
Mountain (I think) is definatly underrated, so I agree with ya there.
But its a Metaphor in itself.. Mountain's are massive, and are great journeys, and thats basically what the song is.. a great whopper of a mothafucker of a Journey..

..anyway, Awesome fuckin' song and definatly Underrated :D

(you gotta love that short faded guitar solo at the end)

#127797 by HauntingTheHoly
Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:11 pm
A-Daamage wrote:For those who still haven't heard it or don't know what the rest of us are talking about, Happy is the dog that is no longer with Dev and Tracy. If you have the Special Edition of Terria, there is a bunch of audio clips of Dev talking about the album, and a rather oddly touching moment when he mentions he just got a call saying Happy passed away as he is on his way to send the CDs off to be replicated (at least I think that's where he's sending the master, I can't exactly remember).

Happy can be heard howling (and you can hear Dev coaxing him in the background) starting around 4:19. There were some pics on the official site of Happy and other pets Dev and Tracy own/have owned, but I don't know exactly where to look. Or maybe they were posted on the Forum. I can't remember. Anyone care to verify?

And Mountain smokes EVERYTHING on Terria.

Thanks a lot for sharing all of this. I never knew any of it, and now as I sit here and listen to Mountain, I feel more moved than ever. Probably helps that I'm a serious dog person. :)

Just to be clear, Happy was already in the song, and *then* Dev got the call that he died, right? I'd like to hear those audio clips. I don't have the special edition

#127817 by A-Daamage
Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:10 am
HauntingTheHoly wrote:Thanks a lot for sharing all of this. I never knew any of it, and now as I sit here and listen to Mountain, I feel more moved than ever. Probably helps that I'm a serious dog person. :)

Just to be clear, Happy was already in the song, and *then* Dev got the call that he died, right? I'd like to hear those audio clips. I don't have the special edition

Yes, he was already in the song. As I mentioned, Dev was on his way to send the CD master (the final mixed and mastered product) off to the replicators.

#127837 by Atari
Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:18 am
The shots were on the pre-Synchestra site...

#127885 by the_scoon
Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:23 pm
Mountain, was in fact, one of the first songs I ever heard of Devin. I was blown away. I still think it creams on Earth Day. Funnily though, the song reminds me of Zelda: Ocarina of Time... :shock:

#128226 by HauntingTheHoly
Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:19 am
A-Daamage wrote:
HauntingTheHoly wrote:Thanks a lot for sharing all of this. I never knew any of it, and now as I sit here and listen to Mountain, I feel more moved than ever. Probably helps that I'm a serious dog person. :)

Yes, he was already in the song. As I mentioned, Dev was on his way to send the CD master (the final mixed and mastered product) off to the replicators.

Well then how do you explain the lyrics in the song, right after the 4:21 mark: "So far I've lost so many hours, two medications and a dog"
Did he hold off on submitting those master tapes?

#128233 by Atari
Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:53 am
I presume because Happy was terminally ill.