The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE

#115571 by psychotic
Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:09 pm
I wouldn't say its unpopular, but clearly not talked about nearly enough on here. It's one of my personal favorites from Devin (then again, all of Terria is pretty much a favorite of mine).

Anyway, as a whole, I agree that it isn't talked about nearly enough, great song.
#115574 by A-Daamage
Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:23 pm
rgx612a wrote:It's easily one of the strongest songs on Terria, but it seems to be unpopular with alot of ya. What's the deal?

It's not one of the strongest; it's THE strongest. Mountain is to Terria what Truth is to Infinity. Everyone freaks the hell out about Earth Day, and while it's a badass song, it can't hold a candle to Mountain. Plus, you can hear the ghost of Happy barking his heart out. Now THAT'S metal.

#115581 by funny_little_guy
Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:29 am
Mountian rocks, it makes people die eaither from fear or just seer admiration. Only the true Dev fans can survive its awsome power.

#115611 by gozu
Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:42 am
i can never hear happy are my ears defictive?

#115613 by Reaper-Man-666
Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:51 am
Mountain is a good song, and it is followed by my personal favourite. Then again, Terria is still my fave Dev Album. It was a pitched battle between Synchestra and Terria for my fave, but Terria still has that place for me.
Reason? First Dev album I listened to.

#115628 by Deathcom7000
Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:32 am
I'll admit that when I think of mountain, I don't think "fukkin awsome song". But when I play it, then I remember how awsome it is.

#115633 by Mudtrailer
Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:19 am
Mountain is perhaps my fave on the album: I certainly wish I didnt hear the interpretations of it on this board though. It was better when I didnt know what it was about and could simply put my own interpretation to it...
Unfortunately the interpretation here seems a consensis on what it is about. No thanks, Ill stick with what I think its about, its better that way :)

#115657 by psychotic
Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:56 pm
gozu wrote:i can never hear happy are my ears defictive?

That's really strange, because it's pretty clear. There's that growl when the song opens, there's no happy there, but the second time that growl comes up, this time as more of a scream, there's a dog howling that you can hear in the song, and I believe that it is that dog howling that is Happy. It's about 2/3 or so through the song.

#115666 by gozu
Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:21 pm
i'm gonna give it another go

edit: i heard it! i can't belive i never heard it before! i feel so ashamed

#115729 by Pisshead
Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:16 am
Mountain is probably the hardest song to listen to, for me. I have to be in the mood for it.

#115804 by UncleTonyP
Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:35 pm
i used to HATE mountain, because of how... janky it was to my ears. obviously it grew on me, especially with the mellow middle jam. Also, it contains one of my favorite lyrics of Devin's.

"ITS JUST ANOTHER MOUNTIAN, JUST ANOTHER MOUNTAIN.... just another weakness"

more of those lyrics that arent really sung, even!

#115816 by A-Daamage
Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:35 pm
For those who still haven't heard it or don't know what the rest of us are talking about, Happy is the dog that is no longer with Dev and Tracy. If you have the Special Edition of Terria, there is a bunch of audio clips of Dev talking about the album, and a rather oddly touching moment when he mentions he just got a call saying Happy passed away as he is on his way to send the CDs off to be replicated (at least I think that's where he's sending the master, I can't exactly remember).

Happy can be heard howling (and you can hear Dev coaxing him in the background) starting around 4:19. There were some pics on the official site of Happy and other pets Dev and Tracy own/have owned, but I don't know exactly where to look. Or maybe they were posted on the Forum. I can't remember. Anyone care to verify?

And Mountain smokes EVERYTHING on Terria.

#115819 by A-Daamage
Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:53 pm
Reaper-Man-666 wrote:Mountain is a good song, and it is followed by my personal favourite. Then again, Terria is still my fave Dev Album. It was a pitched battle between Synchestra and Terria for my fave, but Terria still has that place for me.
Reason? First Dev album I listened to.

This odd circumstance seems to be common among many of the Forum members. It certainly wasn't for me, though. My first foray into the world of Dev solo albums was Infinity, and while Truth remains the greatest song ever written, it wasn't until the dust settled from the final scream of Things Beyond Things that I realized I had just been witness to the greatest album of all time, Ocean Machine. Synchestra has truly bored its way into my soul, but Ocean Machine is still the pinnacle of music. Here's the breakdown:

1. Ocean Machine - undisputed champeen
2 & 3. Tie: Infinity vs Synchestra - too hard to decide
4. Terria
5. Physicist
6. Accelerated Evolution

While they all kick unheard of amounts of ass, when stacked against each other, that's the outcome.