The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE

#120941 by ConfusedGenius87
Sun May 07, 2006 1:43 pm
I think Synchestra is more diverse and better overall but I love Terria too.

"I think I know I guess I think I know...fuck off" HAHAHA!

#123757 by metal-mike
Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:09 am
i brought it on tuesday and it kicksass love all of devins solo cds. :twisted: :twisted:

#124413 by JayjayAbnormal
Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:40 pm
Im guessing the word 'digipak' is an shortened form of "Digital Pack", which I guess would be the label's way of describing and special edition of the album with 'digital' extra's that the listener would benefit from. and it was usually packaged in cardboard? :lol:

#124418 by Atari
Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:15 pm
Digipak is a trademark held by AGI Media for the card and plastic packaging of optical discs (CDs and DVDs to you and me)....

http://www.digipak.com.
they also control Amaray, makers of the standard plastic DVD case.

#125277 by SirJuzzi
Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:48 pm
I'm also one of those who have Terria as their all-time favorite album. Synchestra is a nice album, but nowhere near to the absolute brilliance of Terria. ;)

#125300 by Noodles
Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:26 pm
SirJuzzi wrote:I'm also one of those who have Terria as their all-time favorite album. Synchestra is a nice album, but nowhere near to the absolute brilliance of Terria. ;)
Agreed...

...maybe if Synchestra didn't have Baby Song and my interest in it didn't wane during Judgement/A Simple Lullaby almost every time I listened to it it would have a chance against Terria...

...but probably not, you just can't top the buildup of "Olives", the explosion/meander/explosion of "Mountain", the guitar solo of "Deep Peace" etc etc etc. I think the only records by anyone that come near it are Frances the Mute and Lateralus. Maybe Terraforming by The Postman Syndrome too.

#125416 by SirJuzzi
Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:12 am
IMO, The Simple Lullaby is the most boring piece of music Devin has ever created. It's right what its name says.

Tiny Tears is the most boring song on Terria. And it's not really boring. I guess that says a lot about the rest album.

#125462 by frog
Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:02 pm
Terria is great, but Biomech still reigns supreme IMO.

#125505 by rgx612a
Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:27 pm
ConfusedGenius87 wrote:Yeah I was looking through the booklet and it seems like this is a really deep and personal album. Can it top Synchestra though?

I think it's alot better than Synchresta. Terria is just such a unique album. Have you heard Ocean Machine yet? If not, get that album next, i like it just as much as Terria, if not more.

#125506 by rgx612a
Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:28 pm
frog wrote:Terria is great, but Biomech still reigns supreme IMO.

Yeah, i think i agree. "Ocean machine - Biomech" was the album that hit me the hardest. There's just something about it.

#125545 by ConfusedGenius87
Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:22 am
Terria is more personal and emotional than Synchestra but Syn seems bigger and more complex.

#126216 by Kaartinen
Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:36 am
Terria is the ultimate relaxation album. Whenever I feel stressed out or I have the feeling of "everyone STOP RIGHT NOW!" I put on Terria :D

Oh, and gotta brag. I just bought Terria hoodie from Hevydevy EBay store for 25 USD. Freakin' sweeeet!

#126238 by Kivenkantaja
Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:49 am
ConfusedGenius87 wrote:Terria is more personal and emotional than Synchestra but Syn seems bigger and more complex.
And what really is amazing is that on Terria Dev gave the songs more time to form than he did on physicist (according to an interview) BUT Synchestra was written in two months. TWO MONTHS?!? Seriously can anyone ever top that?