The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE
#134884 by Suck2586
Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:47 pm
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they're looking at a vast panarama of the Canadian Rockies when the intro for Canada comes in? I think it might be the reverb giving the effect of looking at some VAST space..... :D

#134939 by toad
Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:04 am
Been there. Also evokes strong visual images of winding roads and wheatfields, the mountains in the background. The lyrics, obviously...
A great panoramic song.

#134940 by Coma Divine
Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:08 am
That is precisely as I see it as well. :)

#134956 by sj_2150
Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:49 am
i always picture devin playing guitar on a hill with the sun rising

#135009 by the_scoon
Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:04 pm
Yeah I get open fields along the highway, but I think it's the combination of the lyrics and the music craeting that image.

#135017 by Goat
Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:05 pm
I see Yukon. River, forests right to the edge of the shoreline and snowy mountain tops. The air is crisp, it's cold, but the sun is bright and warm. It's that healthy coldness. It's possible I'm in a canoe, I see an open shore in the distance, where I'll light a small camp fire and roast some beef. Everything is OK, I'm happy, nature is healthy and happy, everything is positive. That riff with its production, the drum pattern and elongated vocals - barely possible amazingness. :shock:

#135033 by toad
Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:36 am
Ah... the thought is haunting me to go see Canada for myself. I have the impression of the same sort of beautiful, fresh nature as here in Finland, only everything much bigger. Would definitely love it.

#135219 by the-fluke
Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:05 pm
toad wrote:Ah... the thought is haunting me to go see Canada for myself. I have the impression of the same sort of beautiful, fresh nature as here in Finland, only everything much bigger. Would definitely love it.

Ever since I saw photos of Canada on the net and ones my Grandmother brought back when she visited a few years ago, I've wanted to go myself. Maybe even spend a couple of years out there. I love scenery and epic views and landscapes and I'd love nothing more than to visit Canada with a camera, 300 rolls of film, and a year or so to go everywhere.

Damn this pathetic unemployment benefit....

#135243 by Deathcom7000
Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:11 pm
You know that guy on the album cover? I see him walking down a long empty highway, with mountains and grass to his side.

#135275 by Kivenkantaja
Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:30 am
I thought he was growing from the ground like trees or something.

#135286 by HevyMinik
Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:52 pm
I picture myself driving through the roads, the mountains in the background, a river by the side of the road, and a healthy coldness (as Goat puts it, hehe!), and everyody in the van having a good time; a relaxed atmosphere...
Beautiful; the way it's meant to be! 8)

#136122 by Subcutaneous Phat
Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:12 am
toad wrote:Ah... the thought is haunting me to go see Canada for myself. I have the impression of the same sort of beautiful, fresh nature as here in Finland, only everything much bigger. Would definitely love it.

They should use the song in 'Visit Canada' adverts. It would work!

#142216 by Socialenemy69
Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:36 am
HevyMinik wrote:I picture myself driving through the roads, the mountains in the background, a river by the side of the road, and a healthy coldness (as Goat puts it, hehe!), and everyody in the van having a good time; a relaxed atmosphere...
Beautiful; the way it's meant to be! 8)

LoL believe it or not you are spot on! That is exactly what I see when I drive around my City and other adjacent places. Canada is a great place to visit, especially the Province of British Columbia where I and the Dev live, anytime of year is great to visit, there is always something going on.

#143118 by LuciFer
Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:47 pm
This track makes me think of driving through the Rockies from Calgary to Vancouver. I've done that trip a couple of times and it's an amazing stretch when you're up in the mountains. Some great visuals. Gotta love this country.

#143762 by cluna_33
Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:04 am
sj_2150 wrote:i always picture devin playing guitar on a hill with the sun rising

Dude, that's 'Steve Vai' cheesy!