The message is: THERE IS NO MESSAGE
#184039 by FFLinchpin
Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:36 pm
Heres a random thought...

Is the song called Tiny Tears as in crying, or Tiny Tears as in rips. i cant decide which, cause he talks about making someone cry, but then he says "Where all your hopes and all your cares, They all get out through tiny tears". Is he just mispronouncing it to make it rhyme or is it really tears? So which is it???

Im confusing myself. My head hurts... :?
#184074 by Persuader
Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:12 am
I think this was discussed like, years ago. :)

Not sure what the outcome was...Devin?
#184076 by soundsofentropy
Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:30 am
In the song, he says "it all comes out through tiny tears," and it sounds distinctively like tears as in crying. My guess is eye-fluid.
#184107 by allmyfriends
Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:33 am
Yea, I always thought it was tears as in crying.

And yes, this is a great song, one of my favourite off of Terria, the lyrics to this one is amazing and the way it builds and builds is fantastic.
#184127 by FFLinchpin
Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:28 pm
Thanks for the input fellas. i figured it was tears as in crying cause thats what the song is about, but it kinda threw me for a loop when he contorted the word to rhyme with cares...

Re:

#186102 by Flush
Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:13 pm
danceswithchickens wrote:I'm 29 years old...an I'm a million miles awaaaaaaaay...

Goose bumps.
#186105 by soundsofentropy
Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:29 pm
You know, after thinking about this, it might be both. A double-meaning of sorts. Rips and ocular secretions.

Brilliant song :D .
#190194 by SouvlakiSlowdive
Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:27 am
I was always confused about whether it was rips or crying too.. I just said it was both because it makes sense both ways, and since your eye holes are like rips anyway, it just seemed to work..

Another thing, if anyone can help me with this...

At the very end of the song, after he sings "I see you. I need you. I leave you behind." over and over, after that, it says the lyrics are "I've learned my lesson.", but I don't hear it. I hear the chanting however, and I'm wondering if it's in another language or something? Is it French? I only took German classes, and it definitely isn't that. :roll: Or is it really just a made up chant?
#201848 by olol
Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:08 am
"In the song, he says "it all comes out through tiny tears," and it sounds distinctively like tears as in crying. My guess is eye-fluid."

No, he says "...they all get out through tiny tears.", and it sounds like "cares", not "keers". That said, it could still mean crying, but I doubt it.

I don't remember hearing "I've learned my lesson", but he does say "Kýrie, eléison" which means "Lord, have mercy."

I wish I knew what the French lyrics meant in English. I've translated it to either mean something deep, or a penis joke.
#215755 by Tree
Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:42 pm
I can't believe how good the "chant" section is... my god every song needs that... both parts of it are amazing... they layering of the different vocals and patterns in the first section and the single the double back to single then doubling of the last one is KILLER!! wish I could get a whole song that way