2%
2%
10%
10%
1%
1%

#31776 by fragility
Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:17 am
I was gonna say one of his best, but then they all end up going into that category, lol, as I think of each one, I'm like 'yeah, thats one of his best' until they're all there

#31806 by Falk
Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:39 am
Mmh that's weird, but I really have a hard time choosing one fav' on this album. I like all, but there's not really one that stands on top of the others.
Of course I like Namaste, but sometimes find it boring, I really like the trio Death-Devoid-The Complex which sounds to me like it could be a sort of long song (well not that much cuz' they're short), and sometimes I find the three monotonous... :roll:
Of course I also like Kingdom a lot, and Jupiter, and Planet Rain... But I can't really choose one... :roll:

#31814 by Sinkharmony
Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:50 am
Kingdom, hands down.

#31825 by simbelmyne
Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:32 am
hard decision - i like most kingdom, the complex, jupiter and irish maiden. i voted for irish maiden because of the cool clean singing part :roll:

#31827 by King Ghidorah
Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:17 am
Irish Maiden, because its one of the most head nodding space metal songs ever and Kingdom because its just a totally amazing piece of music.

oh and Planet Rain, i love everything about this song.

#31831 by ianlogan123
Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:09 pm
This is the only album by Dev that I need to be in a certain mood to listen to. I can listen to the others any time I want, but I need to have one of those days where I look at things differently to get Physicist. If you know what I mean.

#31833 by danceswithchickens
Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:33 pm
ianlogan123 wrote:This is the only album by Dev that I need to be in a certain mood to listen to. I can listen to the others any time I want, but I need to have one of those days where I look at things differently to get Physicist. If you know what I mean.

I totally know what you mean.

My personal take on this album is that it's excellent mood music. No matter how pissed off I am, listening to "Material" always puts a grin on my face. "The Complex" is also a sort of uplifting tune, and that clean singing part in "Irish Maiden". And then "Planet Rain" is the catharsis; it clears my head and leaves me sated.

I think that the unique thing about this album is that it has tons of heaviness, yet virtually no agressiveness. In fact, it's probably the only heavy album I own that is devoid of anger and negativity. Even "Death", for all it's blast beats and distorted vocals, doesn't sound angry to me.

#31854 by Sinkharmony
Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:06 pm
danceswithchickens wrote:. No matter how pissed off I am, listening to "Material" always puts a grin on my face.

Ditto :D

#31858 by flood_of_rain
Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:13 pm
danceswithchickens wrote:I think that the unique thing about this album is that it has tons of heaviness, yet virtually no agressiveness. In fact, it's probably the only heavy album I own that is devoid of anger and negativity. Even "Death", for all it's blast beats and distorted vocals, doesn't sound angry to me.

That is exactly what i got from Physicist. it is heavy but not emotionally draining to listen to. I was in a deep depression at the time i bought this album and it really changed my mood and outlook on things, it also got me into Dev's music. 8)

#31957 by Vesper
Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:29 am
Victim, but only because when listening to the LP for the first time, I was stunned after Namaste (which is ex aequo no.1, as well as the rest of this frigging LP :D), and then BOOM, a nail the size of Victim in me poor head... :D

A SERIOUS PROPOSAL - let's drop the best of the... threads, puhleeeeez :D you make my brain wiggle... CAN'T CHOOSE, YA HEAR ME!!!!????!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

#31963 by Guest
Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:38 am
No one here loves "the forgotten" that was the original version of "Bad devil" ?

Weird song ... ok 8)

#31965 by BrunoN
Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:41 am
geoff wrote:No one here loves "the forgotten" that was the original version of "Bad devil" ?

Weird song ... ok 8)

"The forgotten" a.k.a "Don't drink and play" :)

#32057 by STS
Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:15 am
imho, the whole album is a killer!
btu my fav. songs are: Namaste, Victim, Material, Kingdom, The Complex, Irish Maiden & Jupiter.

Fucking Heavy Devy Metaaalllllllll!!!!!!