Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother

#61454 by hairy
Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:59 am
yes and no...
realeasing another mix of an album is "making easy money" according to me... and screwing the die-hard fans...
That's my opinion right now, but I usually change my mind day after day :lol:

#61461 by here_it_comes
Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:48 am
i agree, the mix doesnt have the same brutality that devy's genius mind is capable of achieving. no fans are getting screwed over, the new SYL album is on the way...this is just a bonus \m/

#61464 by Guest
Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:18 am
hairy wrote:yes and no...
realeasing another mix of an album is "making easy money" according to me... and screwing the die-hard fans ...

Seriously, sometimes I don't understand you ... I don't know how Dev would screw the fan base if he release a record with Physicist remixes. Nobody is going to compel fans to buy it.

Geoff

#61467 by IBrokeAString
Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:42 am
I like the production on Physicist. The drums are purty

#61473 by thefillersweetcityjesus
Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:44 am
IBrokeAString wrote:I like the production on Physicist. The drums are purty

I agree, i dont think its necessary.

#61483 by Olive?
Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:50 am
I like the Physicist production too.
It fits perfectly with the songwriting.

#61490 by ForceFed
Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:11 am
realeasing another mix of an album is "making easy money" according to me... and screwing the die-hard fans...
That's my opinion right now, but I usually change my mind day after day :lol:

I don't know...the fans wouldn't have to buy it, it would be nice to have it available. I can't really see how an album like Physicist would benefit from the effort/money put into a remaster though, it may have flaws but they arent crippling to the overall experience...at least for me anyway.

#61496 by hairy
Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:43 am
geoff wrote:
realeasing another mix of an album is "making easy money" according to me... and screwing the die-hard fans ...

Seriously, sometimes I don't understand you ... I don't know how Dev would screw the fan base if he release a record with Physicist remixes. Nobody is going to compel fans to buy it.

Geoff

I was just refered to blind fans buying everything made by Dev. But that's just my opinion! IT IS OK AS LONG AS BOTH DEV AND THE FANS DON'T REGRET WHAT THEY DO! I really dig the way HDR works! They should foolow this way!
On the other side, I like others attitudes such as Vast one... I remember paying something like 3 bucks to get a live performance + covers (you paid to download them). No need to make it more expensive as there is no physical support! ( Sometimes, i think hdr should have done the same thing with the official bootleg and devlab and the demos too...)

#61543 by flood_of_rain
Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:09 pm
I love Physicist's sound and i think it fits perfectly to the style of the music.
But on the other hand, if it were released as a remastered edition then i probably would buy it, not because im a blinded fan but simply because it is my favourite Dev record :)

#61548 by psychotic
Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:23 pm
I think the sound on Physicist is actually really cool. True, outside of the drums there's pretty much very little low end to it, but it kind of gives the album its very own personality. I think it's just a piece of the album that I think would make it completely different without. It's all a part of the plan I guess.

#61597 by Persuader
Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:18 am
I think it´s cool as it is, it´s a done deal. I don´t really believe in remixing stuff, sure if it´s REALLY bad sounding, but Physicist isn´t that bad. You´ll always find stuff on albums that you would like to change or make better. But if you go down that road no album is ever complete, or will ever be final, completed. Catch my drift?

#61801 by salvyria
Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:49 am
It's perfect.

Try it in Pro Logic...... phwooooaaaarrrrrr

#62969 by Marshall Bravestar
Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:06 am
I think that Physicist's production makes it sound totally unique, and whilst a remix album would make for interesting listening, it wouldn't really be Physicist.

Part of what makes Devin's output so addictive is that you NEVER know what you're gonna get next. All of his albums show a progression as an artist and as a producer. I personally love the sound of all the albums as they suit different times and moods. That's why Dev's more than just a regular metal musician.

So I say the remixes will make good bonus material but anything more would be unnecessary.

Physicist is top for playing Unreal Tournament to!

#63125 by Devinaddicted_Nils
Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:42 pm
I would love a remasterd Physicist...didn't ever really like the sound of it...but the songs are god-made and so fucking brutal...so a new remastering would be an awesome idea...