Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother

#63710 by Yok
Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:41 pm
Dev said Physicist is his 'pop' album somewhat, I think the general feel of the sings work well with the incredibly polished production (as if the emphasise the concept). Either way, who cares? It sounds fucking great and you wouldn't be here if you didn't like it...

#63762 by simen_88
Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:54 am
Yok wrote:Dev said Physicist is his 'pop' album somewhat, I think the general feel of the sings work well with the incredibly polished production (as if the emphasise the concept). Either way, who cares? It sounds fucking great and you wouldn't be here if you didn't like it...
Of course we would. I have an impression that far from everybody here likes Physicist, and that is pretty understandable. It's quite different form his other solo stuff. Me, I like it. Namaste got me into Devin's music for real.

#64209 by GDiddy
Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:29 am
I think some people are confusing mastering with mixing. Mastering has nothing to do with mixing.

On another note, I don't see why anybody would want physicist remixed. Physicist sounds great. And I've worked on hundreds of albums.

#64576 by Marshall Bravestar
Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:15 pm
I think Physicist is far deeper than it's production value initially gives away. I've listened to that album with headphones on and you can hear loads of little noises and ambient detail. The drumming is also far more complex than it first appears. In many ways this is one really extreme album. It certiainly doesn't come across as pop metal (or whatever) to me.

If any album dared be considered his "pop" album then I'd say it's AE... it's certainly his most accessible album and can be played to non-prog, non-metal folks without them leaving the room or puking.

But then Dev isn't really pop at all is he? Can't imagine him chatting to those fools on TRL can you?!!! :)

#64586 by EvilPanda
Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:01 pm
I agree with Marshall, AE sounds much more "pop" than Physicist. Since when people started to say Physicist is Dev's pop album? It's still too extreme to be appreciated by the masses compared to AE that can introduce a person to Devy's music

#64699 by Blazingmonga
Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:02 am
EvilPanda wrote:I agree with Marshall, AE sounds much more "pop" than Physicist. Since when people started to say Physicist is Dev's pop album? It's still too extreme to be appreciated by the masses compared to AE that can introduce a person to Devy's music

I think that this is being mentioned as prior to the albums release Dev described it as something like 'pop music for the future'. I think (not sure though) on the album's multimedia section he says something like this aswell, like it is pop music for 200 years from now.

You can see why he says that though, as although it is quite extreme in metal terms, it is also really melodic. 'Material' could be played alongside 'Life' from OM, both really uplifting catchy songs.

#64707 by Dunkelheit
Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:23 am
hairy wrote:and screwing the die-hard fans...

what are die-hard fans for if not for screwing with them? ;)

#65380 by salvyria
Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:26 pm
simen_88 wrote:I have an impression that far from everybody here likes Physicist, and that is pretty understandable.

Find someone with a good separates system or surround system, give it a listen, and tell me it's not the most amazing sounding thing you've ever heard, and THEN tell me you can understand people not liking it.... I bought £1800 of separates partly because they made Physi sound mindblowingly awesome.

#65437 by simen_88
Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:17 pm
salvyria wrote:
simen_88 wrote:I have an impression that far from everybody here likes Physicist, and that is pretty understandable.

Find someone with a good separates system or surround system, give it a listen, and tell me it's not the most amazing sounding thing you've ever heard, and THEN tell me you can understand people not liking it.... I bought £1800 of separates partly because they made Physi sound mindblowingly awesome.
I believe you. With a 1800£ stereo, I could maybe even like O-zone's cover of Dragostea Din Tei.

#66119 by salvyria
Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:00 pm
:lol:

£500 to buy it on eBay now. :thumbdown: but :thumbup:

#66977 by Janne
Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:05 am
Physicist is one of my favorite DT-albums. I see nothing problematic with it at all.

Change the production, huh? To me, it sounds like you want to make it into another SYL-album, which is just wrong, wrong, wrong... (And not a good idea at all.)

It is as it is and as it should be.

#67027 by 21st Century Jesus
Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:37 am
eh good stereo whatever... bad excuse, its about the record's mix huh...

too many heights that mix has. give it less heights more basses.

a physicist remix album would always be nice... I mean re-mix concerning the mix at one side, but then a DT remixed by other artists album... totally a new thread but pretty awesome if you go into that one...

#69609 by Dandamage
Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:49 pm
Physicist sound sweet to me
You need to hear it on a car stereo with subs, plenty of bottom end there my friends
As for a remaster , sod that shit
How aboot a brand new Physicist album!!!!
That would give a boner

#70076 by Loser
Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:00 am
I love this album just the way it sounds!
Listening to it over a good sound system really rocks your hairy anus =)

#70272 by Tenser
Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:00 am
The way you guys talk about Physicist is like the worse thing I've ever
heard being said on anything...Do you guys(or girls)have ears??The album is like beaming out of pure hypersonic darkmatter...one could
listen to Namaste for like 1 million times and still not get around all the
layers in the track...it's 21st century music baby!

It is one of Devin most complex album and it is
perfect the way it is.
So shut the fuck up and listen.

Tip to the deaf
"Do you know beautiful??
Get high on mushroom and it's beautiful."