Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother

#70309 by Kristopher
Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:36 am
fuck off!!!
auteurship!!!
leave it alone you fucking wads!!
its part of the catalohue just the way it should be dammnit!
i apologize for my outburst but I bought the Tshirt cause It was fuckin good

LEAVE THE PHYS ALONE!!! ITS A GOOD MIX. IF I WANTED FAT ID LISTEN TO JOHN CANDY

#70311 by Blazingmonga
Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:42 am
Relax everyone...its all ok.

We all know the album is good. I think the thought of it being 'remixed' only exists because Devin himself mentioned it.

I think it is perfect just the way it is aswell, but it would be interesting to hear how it would sound had it been mixed differently. I think it is fair to assume that this is only a hypothetical discussion, as although it was mentioned by Devin...I dont see him re-mixing a whole album being a very likely thing.

#70312 by Kristopher
Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:52 am
but then again.. If dev remixes it...I'd counldnt refrain but the check out what he does with it...

#79074 by djskrimp
Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:35 pm
Didn't Dev say at one point that even HE didn't like the way it was mixed, and wanted to try to remix at some point?

#79740 by rgx612a
Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:11 am
It doesn't need to be remixed and remastered IMO.

#79813 by Hellhammer
Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:53 pm
I'd leave it. Not only is it a great album, but It's a chapter of Dev's music life that should just be heard the way it is. It's different and that's okay.

#81187 by Lumiere
Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:40 am
I don't think Physicist is in need of a reworking. It sounds great.

#81231 by CardDinour
Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:38 pm
nothing wrong with the way it sounds :) intense album and loads of fun :D

#85285 by 21st Century Jesus
Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:55 am
you guys simply have no idea what you say no to.

I mean, has anyone heard the remastered Physicist yet?

sure no, cause its not been made yet

everyone to say that a possible better version shouldnt be made ...
is eh... stupid, right?

if there was a better sounding version of the album, would you want to hear it? jeez...

#85288 by black_tooth_grin
Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:16 am
I don't see the problem with Physicist, it has great production value and the mxing is top notch. It's Dev...what else would you expect, all his releases are flawless, i dont reckon there's any need to remaster Physicist nor any of the other Dev related releases.

Thats my two cent :D

#85316 by Blazingmonga
Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:49 am
21st Century Jesus wrote:you guys simply have no idea what you say no to.

I mean, has anyone heard the remastered Physicist yet?

sure no, cause its not been made yet

everyone to say that a possible better version shouldnt be made ...
is eh... stupid, right?

if there was a better sounding version of the album, would you want to hear it? jeez...

I do believe that a remaster could make it sound better, its just that I dont think it needs it. Its definately different to the other albums, and maybe its not perfect, but I love it the way it is. I think I would also rather that Devin spent time on something new rather than dwell on older things.

#85328 by aedro
Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:08 am
Devinaddicted_Nils wrote:but the songs are god-made and so fucking brutal...

it's brutal but also beautiful at the same time... there should be a word for it. err... bruteiful. how's that?

i don't see the problem with remixing it. i mean there's nothing to lose and everything to gain. you could always go back to listening to the old mix if you didn't like the new one. sure it doesn't need it but who knows? it could make it even more, err... bruteiful.

#85414 by asparagusDuck
Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:00 pm
i dont think it needs to be remixed but if Devin did, i would definitely be interested in hearing it.

#85420 by the_scoon
Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:07 pm
yeah, i personally think this album was mixed really nicely, because it suits the songs written. sure it doesn't have as many layers as his other albums, but it doesn't need them. Tis a joy album it is. :)