Follow the way Follow the way Holding mother
#64556 by psychotic
Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:00 pm
Gonna try throwing in one of these every once in a while for different Devin songs. First one I picked was Namaste.

I wonder if this is the perfect song to describe what Devin was going for with Physicist. Fast and aggressive, but at the same time it is extremely poppy, as it has a very catchy melody. Personally it is one of if not my favorite song on this album. From start to finish it is, like metioned, intense with a catchy tune. Anyone else with thoughts on the song, let's hear them.

#64608 by doomsoldier
Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:23 pm
It's a great opener as well. Gets me in the mood for the rest of the album.

#64610 by Devinaddicted_Nils
Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:49 pm
it's also one of my faves on that album. But personally for me Kingdom makes the perfect description of Physicist. But that's just me.

#64687 by STS
Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:33 am
Great song! Dev said in multimedia part of disс that "a song is about nothing"... i can't remember, or it's just about money and bands or something.... Remember Namaste...

#64689 by HevyMinik
Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:37 am
I agree with Nils. "Kingdom" is the best song on that album...
But the intro reminds me of Ministry's "N.W.O." - Does some of you thought aboot that too?

M.

#64696 by Blazingmonga
Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:59 am
Again, as others have said, this is not my favourite song on the album.

It is however, a really awesome track. It is the perfect way to open this album and it really does knock you over when there is that first explosion of noise to begin with.

When I hear this song it brings me back to when I first listened to the album, which was when I was cycling in the snow. It always has this kind of incredible feel to it for me, like it is the sound of a frozen spaceship coming in to land...or maybe landing on top of you. And maybe Dev is playing guitar on top of the spaceship, surfing. Something like that!

Lovely stuff.

#65256 by psychotic
Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:30 am
It's not my favorite song on Physicist, that would be...um, yeah....um......oh yeah....what was I saying? Oh yes, that would be Jupiter (*ducks*), even though I know Devin has said that he isn't a huge fan of that song I think it's a very good song. Still, like I said, Namaste has that blend of speed, heaviness, and melody that I feel is a great description of the album as a whole. It's a very good song though. I guess I should've just stuck with saying that it is one of my favorite songs on teh album, my bad there.

#65260 by IBrokeAString
Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:02 am
is Physicist consisted ONLY of a 12 Minute version of "Namaste" I'd have bought it...hell..even if it had been a one minute version.
love the Namaste, yyesss...sweet cuddly Namaste..

what were we talking aboot again?

#65269 by simen_88
Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:20 am
Pretty, pretty song! Got me really into Devin's music.

#65434 by Broken Glass
Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:41 pm
To explain how this song is, is really quite simple.

Think Ocean Machine on Speed

#65723 by ForceFed
Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:53 am
Namaste gave me false hope. :?

It's a great opener (And oddly enough, Devin's worst opener in my opinion), but the album never really gets much better, besides Material and Planet Rain anyway.

#65749 by dub
Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:15 am
Actually when I found 'Physicist' in a bargain bin, the first song I listened to when I got home was 'Death' really loudly.

I think that kind of warped my view of the album. Namaste, Material and Planet Rain stand out for me too, maybe the end of Irish Maiden? I haven't listened to the album in a while. hmmm, since I've been on a bit of a devy phase recently, I might throw it on today.

#65978 by psychotic
Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:55 am
I've got the album on right now, but it's late and people are sleeping in my apartment right now, I should be too, but oh well. Anyway, yeah, sounds great even played softly. Such an amazing album I must say. Actually I'm only on Namaste, which is why I came back to this thread, but this is an album that to me sounds good on any volume.

#66563 by doomsoldier
Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:10 pm
psychotic wrote:Oh yes, that would be Jupiter (*ducks*), even though I know Devin has said that he isn't a huge fan of that song I think it's a very good song.

I'm also a big fan of Jupiter. One of the best Physicist songs, IMO.

#69300 by Stonegaze
Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:14 am
Namaste - first Dev's song I tried to play with drums few days ago. What an experience! The whole song just took me with it, I floated somewhere high without any idea of time or place. Playing with the song went quite well already and when I finished, I sweat the big Jesus out of me, hands shaking, other nylon tip missing somewhere in soft acoustic walls. God I was happy.

I really like what the song is saying: "When words have gone away - remember: Namaste." Something I should remember more often.

Hell of a great opening track, fits the albums' style and makes way to the second track too. Energetic, moving, catchy guitar riff and good message in lyrics.